PDA

View Full Version : A sense of acheivement.

Marsekay
06-04-2005, 05:19
Tonight Me and my cousin finally completed Timesplitters 3 on Hard mode. never did i think this was possible, but eventually we pushed each other, giving it "just one more go" Some sections took maybe 40 attempts? but learning the entire game inside out was perhaps more enjoyable than the mindless run through on easy mode.

It started as a drunk idea last saturday night, since then the ps2 was left on and we spent maybe 5 hours today just doing the final 2 levels.

Great stuff. anyone else tried this?

Jedi152
06-04-2005, 09:11
Not timesplitters, but several resi moments:

My mate decided to finish resi 1 in under 3 hours, no saves, no FAsprays etc to unlock the rocket launcher. He finished it, and got tons of congratulations until we saw his time was 3:03. We swore muchly.

I tried to finish resi 2, no saves, no FAsprays, to unlock the chain gun. I got killed in like the second to end room ... cue pad flying across room, repeated loud swearing, don't think i've played the game since.

Marsekay
06-04-2005, 09:34
Ahhh reminds me of my streetfighter days, the only game to make me bite my joypad in frustration. hahaha.

Actually i did take a screwdriver to one of my ps1 control pads in frustration on tony hawks skateboarding on the PS1. man it made me angry, that mad got mashed.

Dont think i have ever been that angry since. strange how computer games are my sole major frustration/anger piece.

Punk_in_Drublic
06-04-2005, 09:58
WE've done halo on lengendary mode (the hardest one, anyway) in co-op mode a bunch of times, but that's actually pretty easy. No real frustrating moments, as I tend to give up quickly when it comes to games. I usually go through them on normal mode, and if I have to try at something for more than a few sessions, I will be quick to check out the net for hints and tips. I usually don't cheat, though.

Later,

-Punk (pushover)

Wez
06-04-2005, 11:25
Spent so long trying to do timesplitters 2 on hard in two-player (Itís not so hard on one player I thought).

You really have to know the game inside out to do it though. Took us a few months. Every time my friend came round, we'd 'wind down' with about two hours of timesplitters 2 (after going to town/ playing warhammer/ play tabletennis/ whatever). The Neo tokyo mission drove us mad... trying to dodge between lasers and not get caught is pretty damn frustrating when you're following someone.

-Wez

poopoodindin
06-04-2005, 21:16
I'm playing Metal Gear Solid on hardest difficulty.

The boyz
07-04-2005, 13:12
I tried to complete star wars battlefront in one go. That was pretty easy, then my mate came round and we played it on two player and we proceeded to complete that.

Ass Goblin
07-04-2005, 23:00
I found that Call of Duty on hard was harder than I expected. The number of times the AI gets a head shot on you is crazt. I now have to use the prone position more that any i've used before.