PDA

View Full Version : Personal blabberings about warhammer

DarkAngel74
25-02-2007, 04:22
Well, it is good to be in the States. I use to hang around more often in some Korean website for warhammer, but there is a big jerk bastard who run around being rude, so I think it would be rather better to just move to Warseer since general population is much kinder and more informative. I do not have to rely on that site for purchase anymore anyway.

Watched another 1000 game today. It was a game between that OK general butchered by cannons few weeks ago (his name is Cory), and a middle-aged WE general whom I thought beard and mustache was cool. Despite having a lot of bad throws and getting butchered often, Cory did manage to win this time thanks to the overwhelming perfomance of the Bruiser. Geez, run around butchering the archers and the Wardancers.... that scared me! Good thing Tomb King or the Tomb Prince is very strong in HtH combat as well!

I wish my army building could come faster, but warhammer is too expensive to build a large army in short time, and I cannot even use E-Bay, since my parents nearly forbids this hobby. Sad, very sad. I do want a lot more than just a unit of archers and few characters.

Speaking away from Warhammer a bit, my new life in US is fine generally. I am quite happy, except for uneasy relationship with my parents. I actually prefer being at school than being at home nowadays. I mean, writing a decent essay about Imperial Russia for school assignment! THAT IS SOOOOOOO COOL!!!! SOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEET!!! Writing an essay on such thing for schoolworks! I wish my comrades back in RoK could have something similar, instead of getting beaten in the bottom all day by teachers! And you guys complain of such homeworks??? Gosh, you people sure have no idea of what something called brutal, harsh education is.

Back to the Warhammer, I am in dilema of building a decent army list. I was thinking of fast-moving aggressive army consisting of a lot of chariots, horsemen, and construct, but archers and the casket is too good to miss. Therefore, I decided to build a balanced army whose main tactics is to engage the enemy with Tomb Guards, chariots, and horsemen or ordinary skeletons while giving support with archers and the casket. Seeking any decent advices.... Anyway, I am having good time mostly, and hope you, fellow generals of warseer, have good life as well. I have to say, I like warseer so much for not pissing somebody just because he said something incorrect. Bastard.

adreal
25-02-2007, 09:36
for you list, you could try just using fast stuff (chariots horsemen, scorps) running up the flank, while tomb guard hold the center protecting the archers and casket (maybe even the SSC) keep your priest in the back with maybe a prince in the TG while having a king run off with chariots and horsemen, Should work wonderfully untill people work out that S7 characters butcher chariot units, then you will have to switch it up occasionally

DarkAngel74
25-02-2007, 16:44
Um.... thanks, good idea. Well, if I put Tomb Prince on the chariot and the Tomb King on foot with great weapon, wouldn't that be better since then I can have a character with S7 as well?

Vattendroppe
25-02-2007, 16:45
Um.... thanks, good idea. Well, if I put Tomb Prince on the chariot and the Tomb King on foot with great weapon, wouldn't that be better since then I can have a character with S7 as well?

You can use the destroyer of eterneties on the tomb king. That weapon is just "KABLAM!".

DarkAngel74
25-02-2007, 17:02
Yea, last week, I had a combined army of me and a little fellow against O&G, and Tomb King on chariot with flail(also makes you S7) just wrecked the black orc bigboss on the chariot at single blow. Crunch, that's got to hurt.

Destroyer of Eternities seem to go well as well, but I am somewhat concerned about the point...

Vattendroppe
25-02-2007, 17:07
Destroyer of Eternities seem to go well as well, but I am somewhat concerned about the point...

I've been told that it's actually wort it's points. if you use your special-thingy you get 6 hits with str 7 and killing blow! The fact that you cannot take more than 3 wounds against ordinary troops doesen't matter, beqause you'll always take those 3 wounds. And yikes, against characters that ride monsters in regiments, whooza!

DarkAngel74
25-02-2007, 17:12
You sure have a sense over there. Yes, I did hear that a unit of TG+TK with Destroyer of Eternities+Icon of Rakaph goes very well. Anymore suggestions about good combination in balanced TK army?

Vattendroppe
25-02-2007, 17:22
You sure have a sense over there. Yes, I did hear that a unit of TG+TK with Destroyer of Eternities+Icon of Rakaph goes very well. Anymore suggestions about good combination in balanced TK army?

Voltaire came up with loads of tips and tricks in this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71263) thread of mine (which I think you've already written in ;) )

DarkAngel74
25-02-2007, 17:29
Ah, that I have already seen. But thanks anyway.