PDA

View Full Version : TK musicians

Vattendroppe
25-02-2007, 12:08
I just thought of a thing. Why on earth would you want musicians in a TK army? They never flee, do they?

This may be completely wrong, but that's why I'm asking...

FatOlaf
25-02-2007, 12:11
Purely to avoid crumble if a CR is drawn, it's only 5 points and it could save you losing models, so why not?
And if the enemy does not have one and you outnumber then Fear does the rest and they need snake eyes to stay in the game...

Wings of Doom
25-02-2007, 12:29
When a combat is drawn, do you count as losing by one? I thought you counted as losing by zero, in that you took a break test but with no negative modifier.
If I'm correct (which I'm not sure I am) if undead lose a drawn combat by zero, they lose the amount of models proportionate to the amount they lost the combat by, which would be zero.
Is that right?

Anyhow, if the enemy doesn't have a musician and you do then you break them (whoopee).

Krankenstein
25-02-2007, 13:07
P 81 second column, first paragraph: a musician turns a draw into a loss of one.

Wings of Doom
25-02-2007, 15:32
Excellant. Thanks for the quote (I miss my BrB :()

Sabbad
25-02-2007, 15:49
Musicians for TK are pretty rubbish.

Yes, its great if that 1 point of CR makes your enemy break. But everyone else always takes a musician anyway for the rally bonus. So its usually just the difference between losing one guy or not <shrugs>

Vattendroppe
25-02-2007, 15:52
The question in whole is if to use them or not, since they're only 5 pts and it's much easier to write "Full Command" than "Champion, Standard Bearer", I think I'll stick with a musician also.

And what a heck, saving a 8 pts-model for 5 pts...

DarkAngel74
25-02-2007, 16:33
It's only 5 points, does something value of the point, and most of all....... It feels so empty without it. They are coolest model EVER!!! I mean, blowing golden pipe while they have NO LUNGS!!! HOW AWESOME is that???

Vattendroppe
25-02-2007, 16:35
It's only 5 points, does something value of the point, and most of all....... It feels so empty without it. They are coolest model EVER!!! I mean, blowing golden pipe while they have NO LUNGS!!! HOW AWESOME is that???

That's just breaking the laws of physics, it happens all the time in warhammer ;)

Deathknight
26-02-2007, 11:54

And try and get a good seal on the mouth piece with no lips:eek: !!!!!!

Ta'akul
26-02-2007, 13:23
When I first started Tomb Kings 18 months ago I took the musician mostly because I only had barely enough painted models to play even though I was reading online that musicians suck for TK. Of course, in the first three games I played (low points 500-1000) my musician won a combat for in me each game, causing my opponent to autobreak due to outnumbering. I can't remember it happening since then but I always take musicians unless I absolutely need the 5 points elsewhere.

Von Wibble
26-02-2007, 15:39
I take musicians on warriors and tomb guard every time. But on chariots, as I don't want to spend loads on command I go for a banner instead (War Banner quite often).

FatOlaf
26-02-2007, 15:55
Yep on chariots it's a no go but elsewhere, why take the risk, five points to give your unit the max hope of winning CR.. No brainer if you ask me..