PDA

View Full Version : Fleet list for campaign (feedback desperately needed)...

Chaos Lord Primus
25-02-2007, 21:39
So, my friend and I discussed it and checked prices, then agreed it would be cool to learn to play BFG.

So, to tie into our 40k armies, we're going to do a campaign revolving around the 1st Company of the Angels of Vengeance assisting local Imperial forces in pushing back a splinter of Hive Fleet Leviathan.

For the BFG list, I was thinking the following:

Capital Ships:

Mars Class Battlecruiser Imperator commanded by Fleet-Admiral Andronicus (with 1 extra re-roll)

Cruisers:

Strike Cruiser Sword of Vengeance

The Lunar Class Cruisers Iron Duke and Justicar

The Dictator Class Cruisers Dauntless and Resolute

Space Marine Rapid Strike Craft:

Blue Squadron and Red Squadron (6 Cobra Destroyers each)

Total: 1500 pts.

(I used the Segmentum Solar fleet list)

The idea here is to have the Imperator, Dauntless and Resolute hang back and launch waves of attack craft while the Iron Duke, Justicar and Sword of Vengeance duke it out closer up with support from Blue and Red Squadrons.

This is just theoretical right now, so feedback from people who actually play the game would be good.

Chaos Lord Primus
27-02-2007, 16:03
After 2 days, 41 views and no replies, I'm starting to wonder: is this list so pathetic it's not even worth considering? Or is it perfect so nobody is bothering?

Someone please criticize/praise it.

Slekith
27-02-2007, 16:12
My advice: Try it yourself and see how you can improve it with your own experience. I think the list isn't bad at all but I'd include 3 scorts per scuadron instead of 6 having a total of 4 scuadrons.

Radical Inquisitor
27-02-2007, 23:16
I personally dislike Ord. heavy IN fleets and so in under 1500 points I only field 2 Dictators as dedicated fighter defense ships (or to move up and take hits for the rest of my ships.) I normally field an Overlord (or 2!) as the range is excellent, and I use Dominators as my standard line ships.