PDA

View Full Version : MotDW?

chabamkazam
26-02-2007, 00:19
I am buying two new terminator squads for my DA army. I was wondering is it worth getting a MotDW? This is for all the people who know what is already in the codex only please.

The Emperor
26-02-2007, 01:53
Well, if you want a Deathwing army, then you need him, as he makes Deathwing Terminator Squads count as Troops.

In addition, he allows one Deathwing Terminator Squad to add an Apothecary and a Standard Bearer to it (The Standard Bearer carries the Deathwing Company Banner, which allows units within 12" to reroll failed Morale/Pinning tests, and gives the Deathwing unit carrying it +1 Attack).

As for getting him on his merits alone, well, he's essentially just a regular Terminator Captain with a Master-Crafted Power Weapon and a Storm Bolter. Although he can exchange his Master-Crafted Power Weapon and Storm Bolter for a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield or a pair of Lightning Claws. So in short, there's nothing special about him by himself, though he does give Deathwing a couple bonuses (The ability to be taken as Troops, the Deathwing Company Banner, and an Apothecary).