PDA

View Full Version : Necromunda Newbie

yeancientone
26-02-2007, 11:27
I was thinking of getting into 40k, but with a couple of WFB armies on the go, it's a bit of a commitment, so I'm looking into Necromunda.
Are there rules for using 40k troops in Necromunda, or is it more suited to the gangs in the rulebook?
Essentially, I like the idea of a skirmish level version of 40k, but I'm not too keen on Kill Team - is Necromunda the one for me?:confused:

Hmmm ... glance at the rules gives me the impression I could use any models to represent my gang, as long as the weapons are represented in some way. What I'm getting at is I like many of the 40K models, but not enough to amass a horde of them. Maybe those Howling Banshees are just gangers in Halloween costumes - and those Orks, hey they're just a bunch of genetically modified thugs. And as for those Sisters of Battle, they're just Eschers with too much armour. And those Necrons aren't fooling anyone - though those are very convincing outfits. As for that Hive Tyrant, that's merely a collection of very talented contortionist acrobats.

Gen_eV
26-02-2007, 14:10
And as for those Sisters of Battle, they're just Eschers with too much armour.

Armour? Don't be daft, they're Eschers with a maor cosplay fetish! ;)
(oh dear, just used the words Escher and fetish in the same sentence...)

Lord 0
26-02-2007, 18:34
Your glance at the rules is pretty much on the money - so long as the weapons are represented and suitably intuative you can pretty much use what you like.

As far as orks go, there are rules for Orks in the underhive. I forget which magazine they were in though...

About the only thing I would recommend is that if you are going to use Imperial miniatures of some description is that you have the weapons what-you-see-is-what-you-get as much as possible. For example, I find it is much easier to rememeber that the Dark Eldar splinter cannon is actually a heavy stubber than remembering that the Guard lascannon is a heavy stubber. Its that whole easier-to-swallow-a-big-lie-than-a-little-fib thing, I guess.

ash_wednesday
28-02-2007, 20:10
Armour? Don't be daft, they're Eschers with a maor cosplay fetish! ;)
(oh dear, just used the words Escher and fetish in the same sentence...)

lol..geeky perve..