PDA

View Full Version : Feel Good - Gorillaz

Oracle
06-04-2005, 07:17
Has anyone heard the new Gorillaz song? It's pretty darn good. I'm not sure if I like the rap, but it's still tolerable. The "windmill" part is especially well done, IMHO. What does everyone think about this seemingly new direction Gorillaz is taking after such a long hiatus? And I think there's no contest over the video. The art is superb, in their famous tradition.
Click here (http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/virg001/gorillaz/video/demon_days/gorillaz_feel_good_inc_hi.asx?siteid=fansite) for the video.

TheSonOfAbbadon
06-04-2005, 07:19
Yeah, I LOVE that song! Love the windmill thing and all!

I thought it was all very surreal and didn't understand most of it.

I don't understand most songs nowadays.

Delicious Soy
06-04-2005, 08:00
Thought it was pretty cool. Wouldn't buy the CD or anything but i wouldn't object to hearing it over the radio or seeing it on TV

Riddy
06-04-2005, 15:04
yea, i saw it last night and the soft and hard animations looked awesome. I'm liking the new direction and will probably pick up the new album.

Prince_Tyrion
06-04-2005, 16:51
I heard MF Doom guests on that song. That guy rules!

The boyz
06-04-2005, 18:32
Yeah its a pretty good song.I saw some of the video the other day. Graphics wise it looks superb.

dark_wulf
06-04-2005, 20:29
Not too keen on some parts of the song such as the heavy rapping, but the flying windmill is neat :)

alterion
06-04-2005, 20:49
if they took out the rappping i would buy the song.. othewise the video is pretty cool

(Evil)Ash
10-04-2005, 23:34
I like the song and the video is great. but, indeed, the (c)rap should be left out. I got the same problem with their last album. it's nice, though doesn't stay interresting that long (I never listen to it anymore). and the (c)rap bits are just plane annoying. leave out the (c)rap and you've got a great band.

greetz,

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
10-04-2005, 23:48
Why does everyone hate rap? I really like it, along with rock. You really should open up your minds a little.....

While on the topic of ****** music, country music gets my vote. I say To Hell With Rednecks!

And to stay on topic...the vid and song were amazing. I absolutely loved the whole thing, even the rap all of you so detest.

arxhon
10-04-2005, 23:52
That's a pretty good video, and a decent song.

I agree totally with that Haxxor guy with the name in 1337. :D :)

There's good rap, and there's bad rap.

*Godwins*

Songokuspirit
19-04-2005, 23:30
I'm not sure if I like the rap, but it's still tolerable. The "windmill" part is especially well done, IMHO.

Already downloaded it buddy, 2 steps ahead, lol.

In fact it's in my playlist right now and as I lciked the link to this thread it started...

Spooky eh?
It knew we were talking about it...

It's not rap per se, it's soft rock / rap fusion. And yes I love it. Gorillaz are good and have been for sometime with tracks like Sunshine and Clint Eastwood.

Interesting concept too, a purely cartoon band and they are one of the most popular bands in the world.

amusing actually when you look at the effort put in by people like Linkin Park and Korn with all their effort only to be beaten by cartoons.
Heh

Wolflord Bloodangel
20-04-2005, 10:36
I saw it for the first time on tv, absolutely amazing clip as per Gorillaz.

The song itself was entirely groovy too. Sure Im not a rap fan, but it didnt detract from the song, and the laughter was very very well done. I dont have their first cd, and probably wont buy this one, but if I see it cheap...

Rabid Bunny 666
20-04-2005, 11:56
haven't heard of gorrilaz for ages

good to see they're back

wazzdakka
21-09-2005, 08:36
It's actually pretty impressive - I abhor rap with every ounce of my cold, dark soul, but I like that song overall. It bothers me less than most. I certainly don't mind if it comes on the radio or anything, though I won't be buying the CD.

He Who Laughs
21-09-2005, 12:59
Bought the single a while back (and will probably buy the album) - and though I love the song, I was more than a little bit miffed that the film clip wasn't included on the single. When it first came out, I could only seem stream the video from the net, and could find no way to physically download it. Does anyone know (short of using Kazaa etc) where I can download it from?

Wiseman
21-09-2005, 13:50
Why does everyone hate rap? I really like it, along with rock. You really should open up your minds a little.....

Id say i have a fairly open mind when it comes to music, but i still cannot stand rap, its hard to find a song i wont listen to, but rap really takes the cake for me. Though i have to say i dont like this song anyway, with or without the rap.

Sgt John Keel
21-09-2005, 14:15
It's actually pretty impressive - I abhor rap with every ounce of my cold, dark soul, but I like that song overall. It bothers me less than most. I certainly don't mind if it comes on the radio or anything, though I won't be buying the CD.

Huh? Wazz returns to resurrect a months old thread?

/Adrian

Velkyn Kyil
21-09-2005, 14:56
I like it and it's stuck in my head!

wazzdakka
21-09-2005, 15:17
Huh? Wazz returns to resurrect a months old thread?

/Adrian

I'll go to great lengths to insult the rap genre :p

While that may be true, this thread was at the top of the forum index when I found it.

*Edit*

Except that makes no sense, because apparently the post over mine is from April? :wtf: I haven't a clue. I didn't go past page one.

ironduke
21-09-2005, 16:44
I'm not sure it was out in april hasn't it only been out for about 2-3months?