PDA

View Full Version : I know i promised Empire, but...

The hair
26-02-2007, 17:27
Well, here it is. my first log. After the great response on the forums yesterday I decided i'd show how my empire army has come about, starting from one classic spearman that won me both catagories at a painting competition in my local store. An interesting tale, but then i realised I hadnt painted anything for Conflict North.

So, a quick change, but this log is now going to follow the creation of my Wood Elf army in time for May.

PS these pictures are bad, but the builders are in and the scafffolding blocks the light. As it is they're almost done, so I can take proper pictures without the fear of a white backgrond getting covered in dust.

the Wood elves are both WIP, and although it doesnt showtheryr my best work yet. The blending and highlights really arent shown in good quality.

BTW - im currently revising for GCSE's so progress will be sporadic but steady.

Final note, one more thanks to Arhalien. He knows the score:p

The hair
26-02-2007, 17:46
sorry the wood elf pics didnt post. here they are

Siam-Tiger
26-02-2007, 18:00
sharper pictures ...

The hair
26-02-2007, 20:06
Finaly! My camera works!

Ok, scrap the first pics, consider this the quality from now on. I painted this just now for my scouts (part of a nasty trick for Conflict) and I think it looks good.

Plus the pic is finally of decent quality:p

The hair
26-02-2007, 21:19
To make it seem like i've done more when I havent, here's the list I'll be using. What do you lot think of it?

10 glade guard
8 dryads w/. champ
6 wardancers w/. champ
5 scouts with saemrath

dunno about heroes, but propably either an alter noble with bow of loren and a branchwraith, or H O D noble and a mage.

Paulus
27-02-2007, 19:26
It's difficult to get a proper look from the pic's The Hair, so it's a little hard to comment.

Have you got the camera setup to close up (macro - I think) mode?

Caligula
28-02-2007, 05:39
What I can make out looks really, really good, The hair! Especially that banner top or whatever it is...that particularly caught my eye.

Arhalien
28-02-2007, 13:28
Good looking work so far Hair, I'll definitely be watching this :D

The hair
28-02-2007, 18:38
Ooo, there was me thinking you would leave me all alone Arhalien :).
Anyway, any comments on the list itself? All feedback is appreciated

Arhalien
28-02-2007, 19:00
Haven't a clue about the list; I only play HE and not very well :)

The hair
28-02-2007, 20:43
Haven't a clue about the list; I only play HE and not very well :)

Live anywhwere near Bolton? I f so, PM me and ill try to arrange a game or something. If not, ah well. I tried

Arhalien
28-02-2007, 20:45
Sorry, Bedford is my location :)

The hair
28-02-2007, 20:52
ah well, i tried. still, your support on this little thread is always appreciated

The hair
02-03-2007, 17:01
Right, sorry for the lack of recent updates. Damn GCSE's.

Anyway, here are two model possibilities for my noble. Which is best, do you think? i'll use the one which seems to generate the most interest

Arhalien
02-03-2007, 17:20
Both are excellent :)

As to which one to use, it depends on what you want to use the noble for. How you want to equip him; The first one is good for waywatcher kindred and a basic shooty hero and the other one is a good alter noble/great weapon armed noble.

Also, I'm not sure whether I mentioned to turn on the macro function on the camera when I gave that picture taking advice (shows how good my memory is :)). It should have a little flower shaped icon on or next to the button.

The hair
02-03-2007, 17:38
thanks as always arhalien :). and yes you did mention it. thats why these pictures are slightly more viewable, haha

The hair
04-03-2007, 12:08
Actually, to be honest I'm going to use the grat weapon the more i thnk. Not because the other should be a waywatcher lord - that doent bother me - but because I prefer the colourscheme on the other.
Shallow, I know.:p

Arhalien
04-03-2007, 12:10
I'd just use both, but I presume that this is for a small game only?
Painted that well I wouldn;t leave either of those behind if i could avoid it :)

What can i look forward to seeing next?

Paulus
04-03-2007, 12:19
Actually, to be honest I'm going to use the grat weapon the more i thnk. Not because the other should be a waywatcher lord - that doent bother me - but because I prefer the colourscheme on the other.
Shallow, I know.:p

I would use that one too The Hair - purely just because I prefer the model :D

Glad to see your camera troubles are sorted, mini's are looking great!

The hair
04-03-2007, 12:23
Right, reply time.

Arhalien - since you seem to be my biggest fan (not saying much) you can have a sneak preview. Next will be the dryads I just did. And the treeman. And the glade riders. I went overboard with painting yesterday.

Paulus - thankyou very much. :). Kind words are always appreciated

Arhalien
04-03-2007, 12:25
Yikes, that's a lot of painting in one day :)
I look forward to seeing them

The hair
04-03-2007, 12:32
Right. Ill post these as soon as Ive done some RS revision. Begs the question why im still on the computer if i need to revise, but hey.....
Expect the picture this afternooon, folks!

The hair
06-03-2007, 21:32
Dammit dammit dammit, very sorry folks but my camera decided to die on me. the funeral toook alla fternoon so I've only just got round to replacing it. Pics are coming.....I'm not just stalling, not at all...