PDA

View Full Version : Horsemen of Ma'r - Mongol Horse Archers. Alpha release.

jma037
23-07-2005, 02:40
Fluff: Once part of the Golden Horde, this groups of wayward horsemen seeks adventure and riches far from their home land in the old world.

Comments, Ideas, suggestions, questions?
I wanted to have a unit that represents the famous Mongol Horseemen.
Cheers.

CORE in DOW list and normal DOW rules.

???points for Ma'r and a stand bearer and a musician and 3 more horse men. and ?? points for any extra horsemen.

FAST CAVLARY
.................M....WS....BS....S....T....W....I ....A....Ld
Ma'r...........4.....4.......5......4....4....2... ..5....3....8
Horsemen...4.....3......4......3....4.....1.....3. ..1....7
Horse.........8.....3......0.......3....3....1.... ..3...1....5

Horsemen Eqiupment:

#Mongol Bow - Unqiue Composite bow with large draw weight and thumb ring. Can be used in two ways.
Range: 30" S:4
OR
Range: 24" S:3 2X Multishot

#Light Armour
#HandWeapon

Ma'r Equipment:
#Dragon Bow: A Mongol Bow with the following profile.
Range: 30" S:5 can pick out any model similar to HLLR
OR
Range: 24" S:4 3X Multishot

#Silk lined armour - light armour lined with spider silk from Cathay. 5+ armour save and 5+ ward save.

#Ma'r Dao - Handweapon, +2 on charge and killing blow.

Standard Bearer's Equipment:
#Banner of the Horde: +1 to rally roll and can re roll failed rallys ONLY when fleeing from a charge.

Crux
23-07-2005, 03:56
The banner is pretty much useless, as a unit cannot claim benefits from a banner if it is fleeing.

Also, about the Ma'r Dao: Does the killing blow apply only on the charge, or the rest of the combat as well?

Gazak Blacktoof
23-07-2005, 23:12
This is for Warhammer Fantasy right?

Then the units should be hobgoblin, no mongols in warhammer, just the hob-goblakhan, but then there's already a hob goblin regiment of renown similar to this. The other possibility is Chaos marauders or Kislevites, both of them field horse archers (in the background at least), the lack of marauder units and marauders with ranged weaponry is a pet peev of mine.

Hideous Loon
24-07-2005, 10:46
Ja, Herr Blacktoof, but methinks he didn't think as far as that, and the "background" of WHFB has been abused by gamers and staff members alike, so why not once more? And I spot at least two hints that they're from Cathay anyway, and there be humans IIRC, so it's not much of a problem, now is it?

frog
24-07-2005, 15:56
maybe they are the hung?
barbarian tribe who live north of cathay

jma037
25-07-2005, 00:43
I thoguht there was a mention of some thing akin to the Mongols in the Ogre Kingdom book. Mongols had one of the best composite bows in their time, with a range similar to english long bows. I'm actually quite surprised that one of the greatest warrior race in history didn't get a mention in WHFB. I wanted to create a hard hitting fast cav that can engage regular block units.