PDA

View Full Version : Man o War question

Tancred II von Quenelles
27-02-2007, 11:09
There was a game about sea battles I have some models and saw many more. I e[actly know all ships of following armies

Bretonnia
Empire
High Elwes
Dwarfs
Norsca
All Powers of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
Orcs&Goblins
Dark Elves
Scaven

Evidently6 WE had not any as they didn t need it6 as well as Nippon\Cathay, Arabia, DoW, Lissies and OK - they had not either a separate armylit or didn t need any fleet

The qoestion is - I ve never seen any Undead ship - were they ever produced and were there some rules for them? (did not ask about Vamp\TK fleets as at that time there was 1 list for all undead)

If they e[isted - how many types ofthemwere created (ith pics and descrition if you can

Avian
27-02-2007, 11:22
Man o' War had no Undead ships at all. They might have gotten around to an undead fleet in a third expansion, but no such thing ever appeared.

Jedi152
27-02-2007, 11:25
No, there were no undead or wood elf. Understandably for the elves, but i always thought that undead would be good done right.

Done right being skeletons crewing old, damaged ships, buoyed up by magic (think the Black Pearl) - not, as i'm sure they would have been if there were done for MoW - ships made of bones.

Inquisitor_Pink
27-02-2007, 11:28
I Thought they released a list in Warhammer journal for Undead?

EvC
27-02-2007, 12:39
I think they may have, and some people made some lovely scratch-built ships, seen em on eBay. Like massive pyramids on a ship.

WLBjork
27-02-2007, 13:12
OK didn't exist at the time, and I seem to remember Lizzies didn't have any real armybook at the time.

Inquisitor_Pink
27-02-2007, 13:47
I think they may have, and some people made some lovely scratch-built ships, seen em on eBay. Like massive pyramids on a ship.

Yeh eBay was where I saw the list from The journal for sale with a very nice scratch built fleet.

Count Zero
27-02-2007, 19:57
definatly the warhammer journal relased and undead fleet list, they had a floating necropolis bigger than a black ark, had a range of smaller ships inc some kind of raming ship with a big spike on the front and i think something with a skull catapult. never realsed models for them. Warhammer journal was a strange thing, quite interesting at the time. dont know whereyou will find the rules know mind.

Col_Stone
28-02-2007, 03:36
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/theseaofclaws/?yguid=171092742
a yahoogroup dedicated to man o' war, lots of info and other goodies

Tancred II von Quenelles
01-03-2007, 14:02
thanks - then vhat I thought is right