PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf plastic General Kit?

Stormtrooper Clark
27-02-2007, 15:50
Man that titles long, anyway.

I am sorry if this belongs in General discussion, however flicking through White Dwarf and noticing the Nememis Crown fluff, i thought, what the hell and read on and this particualar sentence got my attention:

"Including several plastic Warhammer Kits"

This could mean any damm model in in the game, however just for the hell of it i decided to ask a member of staff in one of my local stores, anyway (I know Redshirts are foreseen as unreliable but hey) he mentiond that one of those would be the new Dark Elf General kit (Along with Dwarf one but i digress) now this could be foreseen as just a Redcoats prediction, but didn't (In some random interview) <Insert guys name here> Say we would see some Dark Elf stuff before the Army book is re-done? And this year.

Ps: As i said, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Tastyfish
27-02-2007, 15:58
It would fit a similar time frame to the Lustrian High elf releases wouldn't it? With new special characters supposedly coming out for most of the armies, a general set is going to make that a lot easier to show off.

I've no idea how true it is (though I've heard the rumour elsewhere as well) but its not beyond belief.

Finn Sourscowl
27-02-2007, 16:00
Maybe Harry or Hastings could tell us if they've heard anything about a plastic DE general kit... One would certainly be most welcome by DE players, I imagine, since they are sorely lacking command models.

Thanks for sharing that with us!

verydarkshadow
27-02-2007, 16:15
Hmm... I'm betting he heard something about the High Elf plastic releases and got confussed.

Fingol23
27-02-2007, 17:16
Please let it be true, please please please.

Any other DE plastic rumored as we really need them

rkunisch
27-02-2007, 17:50
I think the main idea is to get plastic general kits for all the Warhammer armies. This would be the only way to create the Megaforce boxes. If that means that a DE general will be made (what I think is very likely) and if that is done for the campaign (what I do not think is very likely) remains to be seen...

I keep my fingers crossed, though.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Paulus
27-02-2007, 18:02
Seem's a bit of a strange time for it to appear to me, I would've thought Dark Elf unit types would've been a higher priority.

Also doesn't sound unlikely though either - only time will tell, perhaps the April issue of The Watchman?

Bregalad
27-02-2007, 18:42
Well, as the terrain plastic kits ( http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67682 ) will be released for the campaign, I think this settles the question.

dominic_carrillo
27-02-2007, 21:56
if its anything like the orc one, i would stick with the current figures

BlazeXI
27-02-2007, 22:03
I think the main idea is to get plastic general kits for all the Warhammer armies. This would be the only way to create the Megaforce boxes. If that means that a DE general will be made (what I think is very likely) and if that is done for the campaign (what I do not think is very likely) remains to be seen...

I keep my fingers crossed, though.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Rolf, H&H (I wonder when that will be included in the abbreviations script:evilgrin:?) have conformed there will be no genetal plastic kit for Vampire Counts, and probably a few other armies (Ogres were probably mentioned IIRC). The Dwarf one got destroyed (mould broke)so do not expect it any time soon.

You can't be more right. The Empire one is so much better. But that one has not that good detail as well. I blame computer sculpting for it. Let's face it. GW is investing in modern technology for minis production, but they are still learning. Yet, we have to pay more than for the older more detailed minis.

zak
27-02-2007, 22:14
The major reason for GW releasing this kit would be that currently there are little if any DEn general/battle standard figures. Others have stated that there maybe something for most armies during the upcoming campaign, but I doubt it will be the DE general.

Blaze XI - genetal plastic kit?:angel: That would be something you probably wouldn't want to see!

chivalrous
27-02-2007, 22:52
I'll believe it when I see it. GW has an aversion to creating Dark Elf characters

EvC
27-02-2007, 23:28

What current figures?

Paulus
27-02-2007, 23:36
What current figures?

I thought that you couldn't possibly be right there EvC in saying that there is currently no Dark Elf lord mini, but after looking on GW's online store excluding special characters & the classic range, there is actually no Dark Elf lord!

This to me makes the possibility of this kit appearing a little more likely, but I'm sorry to say I'm still rather doubtful that it will until the Dark Elf range as a whole is re-done.

Bloodknight
28-02-2007, 00:34
There is no generic Dark elf lord.
There are Malekith and Malus Darkblade as mounted heroes and the limited and very expensive Malus Darkblade on foot.

Caligula
28-02-2007, 00:45
Yeah, it's a pretty sad state of affairs for Dark Elf players looking for a generic general model. Back when the latest Dark Elf line was first released, I kept waiting for the Highborn/Noble model(s) to be released....but they never came.

For the sake of all those Dark Elf players out there, I hope you get your plastic commander set sometime soon. Something tells me I wouldn't hold my breath just yet if I were you though.

rkunisch
28-02-2007, 11:06
The argument was, that they made more variants of the common champions (three for the corsairs, two for the black guard) to use as lords/heroes, but I also think that is a lame excuse. While I am definitely thinking that there is a desperate need for some lords/heroes for the Dark Elf range, I do not think that this plastic kit is very likely. I hope for a metal hero for the campaign, though.

Currently also available as candidates for a lord/hero are Shadowblade (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060212059) and Mengil Menhide (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110212061).

Have fun,

Rolf.

policy-boy
28-02-2007, 17:26
The manager of the local store here said they were releasing a plastic set of witch elves, usually he isnt wrong but tbh this is new and no ones really heard about it, so not sure whether to believe it or not. Good thing i dont collect Dark elves...:p

NightLord
28-02-2007, 21:17
The man who said we would be getting new DE models soon was Gav Thrope in an interview with Druchii.net. This rumor has no stable footing at the moment but I do believe it is correct. You can also expect Dark Riders before the next DE book is complete.

Vilicate
01-03-2007, 08:50
The GW reps that stopped by our store a couple weeks ago announced that there will be some new Dark Elf models released around campain time, but didn't give any specifics.

I did post that like two weeks ago though.

BlazeXI
01-03-2007, 17:27
The major reason for GW releasing this kit would be that currently there are little if any DEn general/battle standard figures. Others have stated that there maybe something for most armies during the upcoming campaign, but I doubt it will be the DE general.

Blaze XI - genetal plastic kit?:angel: That would be something you probably wouldn't want to see!

Yeah, it would, but only a female one for Slaanesh worshipers like me. Sorry for that mistake. T and R are just too close to each other:evilgrin:.

Vogon
01-03-2007, 17:41
On a related topic I got an email from Felix Paniagua (Avatars of War) saying his next release after the High Elf *may* be a Dark Elf. He was working on a Chaos Lord but ran out of steam before it was finished.

I personally can’t wait.

Cheers

Vogon

Paulus
01-03-2007, 18:18
On a related topic I got an email from Felix Paniagua (Avatars of War) saying his next release after the High Elf *may* be a Dark Elf. He was working on a Chaos Lord but ran out of steam before it was finished.

I personally canít wait.

Cheers

Vogon

:cries: I've ordered all the AoW mini's but I don't get any e-mail's. :cries:

Malus Darksoul
01-03-2007, 19:04
The argument was, that they made more variants of the common champions (three for the corsairs, two for the black guard) to use as lords/heroes, but I also think that is a lame excuse. While I am definitely thinking that there is a desperate need for some lords/heroes for the Dark Elf range, I do not think that this plastic kit is very likely. I hope for a metal hero for the campaign, though.

Currently also available as candidates for a lord/hero are Shadowblade (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060212059) and Mengil Menhide (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110212061).

Have fun,

Rolf.

Executioner Champions do make good looking Characters as well i have 3 of them decked out with bitz to make some of the DE weapons. I would kill to have some new figures but I am happy with what they have now and I love making my own Conversions. I just took a High Elf Hero and made him a DE one

Malus Darksoul
01-03-2007, 20:14
I would Also like any ideas for converting a BSB on a coldone???? any suggestions for that ???

Vogon
01-03-2007, 20:38
Malus, I used an Executioner standard bearer waist up on a standard Cold One Knight waist down. It's a fairly straight forward conversion and looks pretty good once painted up.

Hope this helps

Vogon

rkunisch
01-03-2007, 21:45
:cries: I've ordered all the AoW mini's but I don't get any e-mail's. :cries:
Maybe you do not use the comments field in the right fashion? ;)

I also got an answer and I also asked for a Dark Elf hero. He said then that sooner or later he will do one.

Executioner Champions do make good looking Characters as well i have 3 of them decked out with bitz to make some of the DE weapons. I would kill to have some new figures but I am happy with what they have now and I love making my own Conversions. I just took a High Elf Hero and made him a DE one
Yep, that is right, but I do not like them to look too much alike. With the same base for the coversion it soon looks very repeative and boring (speaking for myself of course).

Have fun,

Rolf.

Paulus
01-03-2007, 22:20
Maybe you do not use the comments field in the right fashion? ;)

I've not used it at all - I wonder if that could have anything to do with it?

I'm intending on e-mailing finished pics as Felix requests though once I get round to painting them.

If GW can't be meithered to do a Dark Elf lord for a while though, I think most people would be more than happy for Felix to do one instead. :D