PDA

View Full Version : Magic

Shadowphrakt
28-02-2007, 21:28
When playing LoTR with wizards, ( i frequently do this) do you have to take in the way tests with magical spells when you can only see haf the model, or not?

Dat Wildboy
28-02-2007, 21:42
just roll a dice. if its a 4+, then they can see them, if its a 3 or under they can't. thats what i do and it works ok. its just like cover.

Oberon
28-02-2007, 21:43
Some spells used to say you couldn't use them if your LOS was obscured, but IIRC sorcerous blast for example doesn't state this anymore. So you can cast, if you see something. I'd take 4+ roll too, if it was really unclear if caster can see or not.

cdc89
06-03-2007, 12:38
can you cast spells even if you can't see an enemy if you are radagast the brown. i am not sure because of his rule that he has LOS anywhere on the gaming board[dice0]

Pertinax
06-03-2007, 16:04
If you need LOS, then it states.

Doesn't it?

*is unsure*

Oberon
06-03-2007, 18:27
can you cast spells even if you can't see an enemy if you are radagast the brown. i am not sure because of his rule that he has LOS anywhere on the gaming board[dice0]

As Radagast has LOS to everywhere, he can cast even if he actually doesn't see his target. Nice supporter for your volley-group too, as none need to have LOS to the enemy.

verydarkshadow
06-03-2007, 21:10
As Radagast has LOS to everywhere, he can cast even if he actually doesn't see his target. Nice supporter for your volley-group too, as none need to have LOS to the enemy.

I still can't believe GW let that one through. There shouldn't be a case where my opponent can see me (and volley at me with dozens of bows) but I can't see him. :mad:

Ah well. Soon I'll have a flying dragon and all will be well :evilgrin:

Oberon
07-03-2007, 13:38
Well Radagast is 150 points , IMO too much, so it is not too great. One can always close in to shoot directly and send in scouts to spot at least one enemy. I'm also waiting the dragon, less time to weather in arrow rain with dragon&bat swarms :)

Pertinax
07-03-2007, 14:53
Flabaghast. Sorry, Radaghast the brown has the panic steed spell. Which is awesome against mounted heroes. Especially Nazgul.

UltimateNagash
09-03-2007, 17:01
I still can't believe GW let that one through. There shouldn't be a case where my opponent can see me (and volley at me with dozens of bows) but I can't see him. :mad:

Ah well. Soon I'll have a flying dragon and all will be well :evilgrin:

Well if you have a bird flying over the enemy, you know whey they are :rolleyes:
But he is expensive, so he's a nice supporter, not frontliner...

Palatine Katinka
09-03-2007, 19:35
To target someone you need line of sight but I don't think you need to roll for accidentally hitting objects in between. It says in the rules that the target must be within sight and may even be engaged in combat but doesn't mention hitting the wrong target. Follow the "Can I see?" rules (p16) but not "In the way!" rules (p24).

But that is just my interpretation.