PDA

View Full Version : dark angel deathwing

forthegloryofkazadekrund
02-03-2007, 13:25
when the deathwing changed thier armour from balck to bone was it before or after the heresy, i want to paint up a 4th fallen angel for my blood pact army in term armour

thanks

FlashGordon
02-03-2007, 13:28
after the heresy. A group of terminators (all aparantly from the same world) saved their(not caliban) homeworld from a Genestealer insurecction, and as in their "old ways"(before they became SM) they ritually painted their armour white.
(they all died)

To honour this group of terminators the DA repainted all their Terminator armour white.

Leftenant Gashrog
02-03-2007, 13:34
(they all died)

er.. according to the story 24 died during the battle, 6 remained on the planet to teach their people the old ways.. of which when the rest of the chapter came looking for the terminator suits one was known to be alive, one was known to have died, and the other fours status was unknown

forthegloryofkazadekrund
06-03-2007, 08:42
excellent, so they were black, hmmmm good : )#

gunhed
06-03-2007, 12:37
The Blood pact are clearly chaos, so any DA's that join them would automatically be classed as fallen, whether they were actual pre-heresy fallen or in fact post-heresy fallen.

I always imagine the post-heresy fallen repainting their armour to its original black to sever the links with the Imperium and the loyalist DA's.

I'd say then, go for the original black armour.

Orcboy_Phil
06-03-2007, 13:03
after the heresy. A group of terminators (all aparantly from the same world) saved their(not caliban) homeworld from a Genestealer insurecction, and as in their "old ways"(before they became SM) they ritually painted their armour white.
(they all died)

To honour this group of terminators the DA repainted all their Terminator armour white.

Beem bugging me for days after reading the Dark Angels codex, what was the name of the book and story this appeared in. I think it was Dark Millienia or Deathwing, but not sure which.

HiveFleetEzekial
06-03-2007, 14:16
"DEATHWING" fitting, no? :skull: Very first short story in it too.

rickie8437
06-03-2007, 15:29
was it not in deathwing

still not read all that book lost my copy on train

Orcboy_Phil
06-03-2007, 16:16
Now if only they would reprint it and the old Warhammer Anthology as well.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
06-03-2007, 18:22
the 3 marines ive painted up are in black with some da green add on bits for extra colour, mine are working against the blood pact to destroy them from within exspecialy the plasma gunners who always die each game : )#

exsulis
06-03-2007, 20:07
was it not in deathwing

still not read all that book lost my copy on train

Yes, the orginal book was called Deathwing in which contained a varied bunch of short stories(I have it, and I've double checked). As I recall the Deathwing story was reprinted in a later book as well.

Jellicoe
07-03-2007, 08:03
It was in the 'Deathwing' supplement to the original version of Space Hulk and was a little classic