Lasgun, Two Knives

Ark
Lasgun, Two Knives

The Flunkes (4 Juves)
Two Knives each.
-30 each, 120 total.

Total: 1000 credits.

So, opinions.

Also, how many territories does a gang usually start with?

Thanks in advance.

Tomothy
02-03-2007, 20:54
There's no point to having two knives on every guy, why have you done that? They don't get an extra attack if they have a basic/special/heavy weapon and they're always considered to have a knife. Drop them, it saves you 45 creds. And if you drop the frags from the leader that gives you enough to give each of those juves an autopistol (maximise their chance to actually shoot anyone, best pistol for juve).

That costs 60 creds. Leaves 15. Just enough to get a ratskin scout.

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 21:00
The juves have two knives because they're there to swamp enemies.

The others have them because I was 25 points short at the end and that was my best idea to spend them.

Tomothy
02-03-2007, 21:06
They do a better job swamping if they can pin people on the way in. You've put yourself at 10 men, which is the next bracket up and you only have 3 gangers. Drop one of the juves with pistols from what i suggested. Upgrade another to a ganger. And that leaves you with 15 creds.

Its not best to spend creds because you've got them left over. Keep them in the stash, you're allowed to. It lets you save for rare items after your first game and keeps your GR down. Lower GR than your opponents means more chance of picking scenario (thus being the attacker) and underdog bonuses.

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 21:08
I also have to work with what models I have - a ratskin scout is metal and thus a no go. However, looking back at the models, the one I intend to convert to a grenade launcher needs a pistol... I dunno. I'll go mess with it in a bit.

Major_Gilbear
02-03-2007, 21:18
Tomothy is right on all counts.

I'd dump the first Heavy's krak grenades too as they are expensive and rather overkill against most enemies. Besides, you can always buy them later if you Heavy gains any BS advances, or if you decide you want/need them and have the creds.

Four Juves is also a lot, especially if they are just going to be shot at. Juves aremd with only two kinves is fine I guess (your choice after all!), but drop one or two of them - you don't need four in a starting gang.

Ditching the Leader's frags, the Heavy's kraks, the second knife on all but the Juves and dropping two juves gives you enough to buy another couple of Gangers.

Oh, and beef up your Leader's pistol too; a bolt pistol maybe? Good in CC, and shame to waste that BS4 on a crappy laspistol!

You get 5 starting territories, and assuming you have at least 5 Gangers which aren't injured, you can work them all. This is why I'd drop a Juve or two and get an extra Ganger or two instead, arming them with the other savings you'd make from dropping the mentioned equipment ;).

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 21:22
My problem is that I already created the models (converted from Catachans and various other plastics) - and the juves are armed with two knives. However, I just did the levelling up to start with and both heavies already have BS6. >_>

However, removing the leaders' grenades and two juves COULD give me another lasgun ganger.

Catferret
02-03-2007, 21:25
Um, levelling up before you played a game? You know that the starting xp levels don't get you any advances right...

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 21:31
They don't?

What about this paragraph:

Necromunda Living Rulebook, Page 85
When fighters are recruited they already have some experiance. This is determined as soon as they join the gang. The table below shows how much experience the different types of fighters have to begin with. Make the appropriate dice rolls and recorde each new fighter's experiance points and your gang roster.

>_> That and it just doesn't make sense.

Major_Gilbear
02-03-2007, 21:43
Um, that's why Gangers have a higher WS, BS and Ld than juves (ie raw recruits)?

The "skills" that the Heavies have for their 60+ XP is the ability to use HWs.

The 'skills' that Leaders have for their experience are the leadership skills, the rare trading (post-game sequence) and again the ability to use better/special wepons.

None of your gang start with rolled skills or advances beyond those stated in the recruitment section. You have to earn the skills and advances through playing games!

Spyrers are the only gang I can think of that are an exception to this (they can buy extra levels and level up at recruitment). They are a very special case tho.

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 21:44
Oh. I guess that makes sense. I need to consider these things.

Catferret
02-03-2007, 21:45
I'm desperately searching for the paragraph that should say something along the lines of "this experience does not provide any advances but represents a fighter's relative training".

I'll be damned if I can't find it! Somebody help me out here! If SG have left it out again I'll go crazy!

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 21:49
It's in the new FAQ.

Tomothy
02-03-2007, 22:21
With modelling pistols on the juves all they need is a holster. Thats enough to represent a pistol by official WYSIWYG, IIRC.

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 22:38
Nerve (Leader)
Chainsword, Laspistol

Grave (Heavy)
Grenade Launcher, Frag & Krak Grenades, Knife

Synapse (Heavy)
Heavy Stubber, Knife

Cayden (Ganger)
Laspistol, Dagger

Snowbear (Ganger)
Lasgun, Dagger

Arc (Ganger)
Lasgun, Dagger

Ark (Ganger)
Lasgun, Dagger

The Flunkies (2 Juves)
Two Knives each.

How's that? (With 40 credits in the stash, I guess I could remove the krak grenades and add another ganger with a pistol or something, but that requires scrounging through my mess of a bits box.)

And I don't really wanna give my juves pistols, just cause I like the models as they are now - uncluttered, hooligans with nothing but the clothes on their back and two blades.

Catferret
02-03-2007, 22:45
40 creds would buy you 2 Autoguns as backup weapons for your Heavies. It would mean they could continue shooting if they ran out of ammo (very likely with a GL) or they could fire them while moving.

Also, keep the Krak on the launcher guy, they will be handy if you face Spyrers, Scavvies (Scalies are tough!), or if you play the Raid Scenario.

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 22:58
So it would. How would you recommend that I mod the Catachan lasguns into autoguns?

I was thinking of clipping off the smaller barrel and the power pack, and making it more of a machine gun shape.

Opinions?

Catferret
02-03-2007, 23:04
Take a Marine Bolter and carefully slice off the barrel and magazine. Do the same to a Lasgun and replace with the Bolter bits.

If you also cut the Bolter foregrip off, and trim out the equivalent are on a Lasgun, you can make a cool pump action shotgun. Just trim the barrel to a mm or so long.

Hope that helps.

ChrisAsmadi
02-03-2007, 23:09
Take a Marine Bolter and carefully slice off the barrel and magazine. Do the same to a Lasgun and replace with the Bolter bits.

If you also cut the Bolter foregrip off, and trim out the equivalent are on a Lasgun, you can make a cool pump action shotgun. Just trim the barrel to a mm or so long.

Hope that helps.

Sounds nice. I'll try it tomorrow (well, it's later today now that I look at the clock).

monkphish
02-03-2007, 23:58
Nerve (Leader)
Chainsword, Laspistol

Grave (Heavy)
Grenade Launcher, Frag & Krak Grenades, Knife

Synapse (Heavy)
Heavy Stubber, Knife

Cayden (Ganger)
Laspistol, Dagger

Snowbear (Ganger)
Lasgun, Dagger

Arc (Ganger)
Lasgun, Dagger

Ark (Ganger)
Lasgun, Dagger

The Flunkies (2 Juves)
Two Knives each.

How's that? (With 40 credits in the stash, I guess I could remove the krak grenades and add another ganger with a pistol or something, but that requires scrounging through my mess of a bits box.)

And I don't really wanna give my juves pistols, just cause I like the models as they are now - uncluttered, hooligans with nothing but the clothes on their back and two blades.

Is it wise only taking 4 gangers, best case scenario you can only work 4 territories.
If your territory rolls are crap a few bad games could really do a number on this gang.

ash_wednesday
05-03-2007, 16:13
My problem is that I already created the models (converted from Catachans and various other plastics)

Uh..dude..they're plastic. Easy to convert.