PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 1K

Weapon
05-03-2007, 02:33
I was planning on getting a Battalion box to replace my old, poorly ranked and painted Clanrats, and to get some Plague Monks and basic units. This is a rough draft of a 1K force, just running it through here to see what I should change.

Heroes

Chieftan
Great Weapon
Heavy Armor
Shield (for missiles)
The Foul Pendant
@85

Warlock Engineer
Full Tech minus Pistol
Warpstone Token
Dispell Scroll
Storm Daemon
@135

Core

30 Clanrats
Musician
Standard Bearer
Ratling Gun
@225

30 Clanrats
Musician
Standard Bearer
Ratling Gun
@225

5 Night Runners
@25

5 Night Runners
@25

5 Night Runners
@25

1 Rat Pack
@30

Special

5 Gutter Runners
Tunneling Team
Poisoned Hand Weapons
@85

Rare

Warplightning Cannon
@100

Total: 1000 points

Teach
05-03-2007, 08:12
Nice list. Still, i would take 10 less clanrats and take a unit slaves. more out numbering

nicky1311
05-03-2007, 13:56
1 word ASSASSINs. u sould wake up in the moring thinking how to add more of them. they r so money u get change back! nothing else is need to b said

dragonelf
05-03-2007, 14:20
a skaven army always need slaves. You have gone a bit top heavy on ratling guns which is both risky because they can be targetted and erring on the cheesy side at 1000pts. I would drop a ratling gun and the globadiers who are going to do nothing and buy 2 units of 20 slaves. Then you'll be cooking with gas.

Not sure about the plague monks, they aren't that good and seem out of place in what seems to be ranged attack army rather than a close combat force. The only reason to take them is to get access to the plague censers which you don't seem to have done. You might consider what you plan to do with them, against any half decent armour save they are going to suffer and without a screen to protect them they will end up charging something they shouldn't.

Why not ditch them and add a bit of flexibility to your army by buying some tunnellers, night runners and giant rats. This will allow you to deal with stuff like war machines, divert charges, and gain battlefield position. Basically it adds a tactical dimension to your army which currently it lacks.

DesertDirge
05-03-2007, 15:11
I hate slaves.. you don't NEED them, but they are worth it.

dragonelf
05-03-2007, 18:29
you do need them. practically all the flanking and charge diverting manoevres require slaves not to mention the fact that they are dirt cheap and your opponent knows he has to deal with them.

Weapon
05-03-2007, 21:53
Edited the list, took alot of the suggestions. DOn't really feel bad about 2 Ratlings, since I am facing some heavy shooting myself, and my bad luck ends with lots of malfunctions anyway.