PDA

View Full Version : Battle Reports?

Lord Anathir
24-07-2005, 16:59
There doesn't seem to be a thread where people post battle reports. Am I Allowed to post them in the army list section?

Dr.Blast
24-07-2005, 17:14
That's a good question, one which I dont have the anwser :confused:

Zeb
24-07-2005, 18:05
Usually Battle Reps are written in Fantasy General.

And just start a new thread for every report, and name it appropiate. Example:

Lord Anathirs High Elfs vs. Marshal Zebs Dark Elfs 2000pts. Battle Rep.

But my Lord/main fighting character is usually named Cython... ;)

Sylass
24-07-2005, 18:09
Or if it's a well written report with pictures, maps and/or diagrams just submit it to the WarSeer site via the WarSeer Article Submision System (http://www.warseer.com/submit.php).

We are working on setting up the Scribes usergroup atm and this group will be in charge of publishing submitted content like battle reports. :)

Lord Anathir
24-07-2005, 20:06
I have maybe 7 or 8 battle reports, but they dont have pictures or maps, however they are very in detail. (i dont have a digi camera).

btw zeb, I wonder if you would be interested in creating a turn by turn battle report that we could post on the forum. like the one they did over at warhammer forum. If you are not sure what I mean, its kind of like having an online map and squares for units. the two players and a 'moderater' could meet over msn messenger and we could go through a turn every couple of days or so, with the mod rolling the dice and updating the map. its just an idea. kind of like this one...http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=7689&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Zeb
24-07-2005, 22:01
Sure, I'd be interested.

There is only one or two small problems... I don't know how to go by MSN... (Did that made me look like an old timer...) I do do ICQ... And I have a Mac. But I'll look into it.

Seccond there is a Week end that I'm going to go fishing in the mountains in the North of Sweden (Lappland), and I will be totaly cut off from any kind comunication... But we can work around that. :D

Seccond, not a problem, but Tournament lists? List that would be cool to play against each other (Club lists)? Lets think about it and well discouss it more tomorrow or the day after. ;)

Lord Anathir
24-07-2005, 23:21
i can download icq i suppose. And yes...tourney lists. PM me, and we will see.

Lord Anathir
24-07-2005, 23:22
Oh...and no tailoring, just a standard tourney list you would take to any other tourney. Cuz, who knows, i might not use high elves after all.

NarCiS
25-07-2005, 10:38
:( I wanna play too :(

Zeb
25-07-2005, 10:52
We could probably do a leuage.... It would take quite some time, but could be really fun.

And some of the reports could be handed over to the Oracle, as battle reps are essentilal in a wargaming magazine.

NarCiS
25-07-2005, 15:32
you mean a league right? or is a leuage something else?:P

Lord Anathir
25-07-2005, 19:22
LMAO!....

Id love to do a full league.
but a full leauge would take a LONG time. Maybe a 'tale of 4 gamers' ? It would be neat if it was 2 high elves and 2 dark elves. Ive been involved in something like this over at bugmans, and well, it was a 2 on 2, each person had 200 pts worth of warbands, and 1 game took a month and a half. If it was one on one, we could finish one complete turn in about an hour or so.
What I originally had in mind though was a thread devoted comletely to one game, where forum members could comment on the game and place bets etc,

ironduke
26-07-2005, 10:16
you would be interested in doing a tale of four gamers because i am about to start a high elf army and would love to do something like this

NarCiS
26-07-2005, 10:33
Ill do it when i start my Wood Elfs when they come out

Riddy
26-07-2005, 15:17
I have maybe 7 or 8 battle reports, but they dont have pictures or maps, however they are very in detail. (i dont have a digi camera).

btw zeb, I wonder if you would be interested in creating a turn by turn battle report that we could post on the forum. like the one they did over at warhammer forum. If you are not sure what I mean, its kind of like having an online map and squares for units. the two players and a 'moderater' could meet over msn messenger and we could go through a turn every couple of days or so, with the mod rolling the dice and updating the map. its just an idea. kind of like this one...http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=7689&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Waaay too much work for the mods, currently they are needed to patrol the forum, keep it spam and flame free.

As for battle reports either put them in the Tactics forum or in Fanatsy General-Your choice.

Lord Anathir
26-07-2005, 18:19
we dont intend on asking one of the real mods...just anyone who wants to help us out. I already have a few people in mind.