PDA

View Full Version : smelly and green, my 2000pts of nurgle fun

nicky1311
05-03-2007, 14:36
here's my 2000pts of nurgle daemon legion,
i've played this army for a while. It rarely looses but i want to here some opinion to make it better
somethings to note:
~ i like nurgling
~ i'm a jerk and i enjoy it

Lord

~ the great unclean one - 600pts

Heroes

~ Exalted daemon 230pts
mark of nurgle - 40pts
cloud of flies - 40pts
total 310pts

Core

~ plaguebearers
10 * 16 = 160pts

~ plaguebearers
10 * 16 = 160pts

~ plaguebearers
10 * 16 = 160pts

~ nurglings
5 * 40 = 200pts

~ nurglings
5 * 40 = 200pts

~ nurglings
5 * 40 = 200pts

TOTAL = 1990pts

DesertDirge
05-03-2007, 15:05
LOL.. what matters most is that you like it. What matters second is that is it even fun to play with or against???

for and all deamon army there's not much else to do.

jahorin
05-03-2007, 15:35
you could maybe try to put some diversity in the army. just to make it less boring to play.

theDarkGeneral
05-03-2007, 16:03
Greetings nicky1311...definately a "nurgly" list...I have some thoughts/suggestions since I too play Daemonic Legions...

*Great Unclean One: He's great in some games, and horrible in others...if you don't mind loosing him to enemy Magic and Shooting from game to game, then by all means keep him...I msyelf prefer a Daemon Prince or even an Exalted Daemon as my general...allows more mobility and less targetability...a bit cheaper on points as well...

*Exalted Daemon: Cool, but now you've dumped almost 1,000pts into characters, and they're going to have a hard time earning those points back...if you feel the need for another Charater, I'd take the Daemonic Herald (Nurgle of course), upgrade to the Greater Icon of Chaos, give him a Daemon Beast of Nurgle mount and the Spellbreaker. Much cheaper and much more useful...

*Plaguebearers: Very tough Infantry, but since I'm a theme/fluff player (along with tough armies) I suggest combinding them into just two units of 14 models w/FC...

*Nurglings: Good for slow grinding Armies like this one...again, just for theme and some points saving, I'd take just two units, one of 3 models and one of 4 models...

*Plagueriders: I know you don't have them, but they're badly needed in this list...great for a bit of speed and extremely tough in CC...two units are great, but one is needed...

*Chariot of Nurgle: Another suggestion...I take it in my mixed list (Khorne/Nurgle) and it's truly devastating...always make the upgrade for the additional Daemon-Beast of Nurlge...

Hope this helps...

Ophidian
05-03-2007, 16:07
My only comment would be that if you're going to play DL, you're missing an opportunity if you don't take Plagueriders or a Chariot - otherwise all you're gaining over a HoC Daemon list is the solid ward and the extra Ld (worth it I guess, but it still seems to be... missing a trick)

nicky1311
05-03-2007, 16:14
i have 9 plague riders, i hate chariots, and y does the uncleanone die to magic/shooting

theDarkGeneral
05-03-2007, 16:19
nicky1311: If you have the Plagueriders, I'd definatley be using them! Just 1 unit of 4 models is going to take a lot of pressure and heat from the Great Unclean One...it dies to Magic and Shooting because it's a Large Target and thus easily seen...also it's M(4) isn't going to get it anywhere in CC quickly...worst yet is when it get's march blocked, though I'm sure your Nurglings help avoid this issue...everything from Thunderers, Handgunners, Crossbowmen, Cannnons, Bolt Throwers and tons of Magic Missles are going to hit him...and the more shots aimed at it the more chances of wounding it...with only a 5+ Ward Save he's going to eat a lot of the wounds...if they're multiple wound causing hits, he'll fall even faster...loosing him means you've not only lost your Army General (extra 100 VPs) but your Magic Caster/Defense...