PDA

View Full Version : Did y' spill my Pint tournament thread

tenpole
05-03-2007, 16:33
All post related to this tournament to be posted in here. The tournament has been restarted to include all current stunty teams. Any further entries will have to wait till tournament finish.

Yorkiebar
06-03-2007, 23:02
I SLAUGHTERED Arkzein's team. He pretty much did the same to me, but, well, watch the replay. It was great! I'll write a report at some point tomorrow.

Arkzein
06-03-2007, 23:10
Lilliputian Malefactors (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=331642) VS D.a Rebul Fakshun (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1587675)

The first match has been played, and it was a bloodbath!

The teams lined up pretty evenly for what was set to be a close matchup, yet before the game even got started there was blood on the pitch, an angry Fakshun fan tossing a rock and killing a halfling!

This was set to continue as after just the first quarter no fewer than four halflings and a minotaur were badly hurt (The mino no great loss due to them simply roaring most of the time thus far), two haflings knocked out and.... so far just a single stunned! Marvelous. On the gobbo side a fanatic had hurt himself and a gobbo lay seriously injured. Despite a remarkable desperate defence, the gobbo armour seemingly impervious to a chainsaw not once, but twice, the greenskins finally scored, heavily outnumbering the haflings for the final drive it seemed they had things in the bag.

Yet in the second half the ref made a last minute inspection as the gobbos came on the pitch, catching almost all their wespons! Three haflings and a Minotaur lined up against.... just four gobbos! Seemingly the tide had turned, however some terrible blocking and fantastic luck with the ball saw the gobbos simply walk to the endzone as if they faced no players at all!

With just over a quarter remaining the haflings could perhaps still pull off a draw, yet to add to their misery it began to pour with rain. Still, facing just five gobbos now with four players themselves it seemed there was a chance, and it soon came.... time to toss a fling! However the minotaur had other ideas, causing three casulties had given Kruxil a veracious appeitite so naturally he attempted to eat the poor halfling.... the ball landing at the feet of a gobbo once more.

To save face the halfings began to muster a defence, forcing the gobbos out wide, however they dodged to safety, killed another hafling and the last gasp effort saw the remaining minotaur first roar, and then fall flat on his face charging down a gobbo. Yet fun was still to be had in the form of exploding goblins, the final bomber at last making a mistake with his fuse as he aimed to toss a bomb at the less frightening back end of a Minotaur.

With just a minoatur and three goblins left on the pitch the fans' bloodlust was well satiated, both teams now drawing large hopeful crowds in the future!

Final score:

Lilliputian Malefactors (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=331642) 0 - 3 D.a Rebul Fakshun (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1587675)

tenpole
07-03-2007, 21:18
Well done Yorkie on winning the opening game. The replay is corrupt but luckily Arkzein has given us a good run down of what occurred.

PhrollikK
10-03-2007, 08:20
Internal Putrefaction 2 - 1 Flobalob

The first game of this new season took place yesterday with my Nurglings facing off against Fredox' Vamplings. The first half saw Flobalobs' Vamplings and Vampire Lord eat up Fredox's RR's coz of bad OFAB rolls. I ended up scoring after snatching the ball from my decimated foe (mostly the foes getting eaten up by the vampire-kin!!!) Anyhow, that Vampire Lord is a tough guy so watch out.

Second half was pretty similar as first with bad ofab rolls and me getting the ball to slowly edge myself towards the opponent EZ to score. The game was fun from my point of view, but slightly dull coz no chainswords were fielded! Anyhow, I've never seen anyone throw so many POW's on 1d dice blocks as Fredox did, especially against Dodge-players!!! My 2-3d blocks only caused pushbacks. Oh well, seems Iscariots little gnomes are next...

th0r
17-03-2007, 03:30
My Gnomes got to steal some underpants from some slaves but ultimately not enough to bring them the win. Some cool stuff happend in this game, including a blunderbuss long bomb td, and some good ol' bomb tossing (I think one got thrown 3-4 times!). End score was 1-1 (a very dissapointing 1-1 in my opinion) but was still an awesome game.

tenpole
17-03-2007, 10:53
Tenpole Mecca WS vs Underpant Stealin Gnomes

A great game showing that although not a team to be feared the Tenpole Meca can be a team to be found annoying. As thor said highlights of the game were the blunderbuss long pass and the bomb throwing. Also the gripping defence that blocked the gnomes from getting a second touchdown. Final score 1-1.

I think Arkzein watched the match for an unbiased appraisal of the game.

th0r
19-03-2007, 01:30
Lawn Dreams or Bombin' my way to Victory a Gnome kid's story.

Once upon a time the Underpants Gnomes took on the Flabalob's; a nasty team led by an evil vampire who owned no lawn ornaments. The Gnomes tried everything but the evil vampire Fredox was just too sneaky. This left th0r very angry and with several kick's, curse words he had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. Without there fearless leader the Gnomes went back to there normal behavior and began tossin' bombs. *Boom* *Zoom* *Kabam* Little Kyle peeked his head up and saw that all was clear as far as the eye could see. He picked up the ball and hurled it as hard as he could. Defying all Gnome tactics, the ball was miraculisly caught and the Gnomes stood victories 2-1 over the evil vampire team.

The End.

tenpole
19-03-2007, 18:52
Iscariot has replaced his gnome team with fairies. Yes fairies but before you laugh look at their skills, see the three treemen and look at their movement rate.

PhrollikK
20-03-2007, 12:40
Bah, they'll need 4+ to stand up so once you knock 'em down, they stay down, not to mention Take Root! Har har more lovelies to kill in the name of papa nurgle.

Deng Ham
23-03-2007, 17:06
Stu en me trued to play out game last night. But was cut off by a poor wireless conection at Stu's place. After the last disconection Stu did not come back onlne. And I waited an hour. We got 3 turns done each, Stu was up 1-0.

I don't know what the ruling is on disconections. But the official FUMBBL rules 15 min is enough to report it. But I did not as I think that theis is a more frendly setting than the Ranked games.

Autobot HQ
23-03-2007, 17:26
HELL BE DAMNED WIRELESS CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's out of my system, yes my wireless connection is annoyin me so i'll be playing in front of my router tonight, and plugging it into the mains. It already cost me two GREAT handicaps so I'm peeved enough myself, but I hope to finish tonight.

tenpole
21-04-2007, 09:49
Another game Tenpole Mecca have not played but had to have a forfeit result. although be it in my favour.
Yorkie could not turn up at the scheduled Saturday appointment and I had to be cruel with my strictness as the game has been delayed for too long. Other people need to play and I decided on no more delays.

Yorkiebar
21-04-2007, 14:23
..Which was fair enough. I've already held us up for a month.

tenpole
21-04-2007, 15:58
I decided on a toss of a coin for whom wins the match between myself and Yorkie. I will be pushing to get the game played between myself and Fredox soon. Then if Riddy still has not turned up I will forfeit his game against Iscariot (sorry Riddy) so the next round can get going.

Fredox and I might play tonight Saturday 21stapril or sunday afternoon. If Deng Ham is also on I will offer him out for spilling my pint and calling me mum a ...

Deng Ham
21-04-2007, 16:11
I'll be on saturday evening, sunday morning and evening. If you one of this fitt. It'll have to be next weekend

tenpole
26-04-2007, 10:03
Tenpole Mecca vs Flobalob

Brilliant game! Absolute bloodbath. I lost the game to the vampires but hey the Mecca have never won a game in their career.

Both teams suffered many casualties, the vampires rarely failed their Off for a bite and the deathroller annoyingly tripped on its first move.
The Vampire lord caused so many casualties, 4 in total he now has risen to be in the top four star players. Robocop did even better causing five casualties. Now he is the leagues current top star player.

There were many almost made it attempts to equalize by the mecca. A great game and I hardly noticed loosing 1 - 0.

Fredox
26-04-2007, 14:46
Don't think I've had that much fun in a game for a while. It seemed that every time my lord or Robocop blocked a player they were going to end up in the dougout. Thanks for a great game and who knows the rematch might be even bloodier.

Deng Ham
26-04-2007, 18:18
A beaten and brused Mecca team is good news, The poor fellas won't last long in there next match. But I asure you that the NZS will throw a feast in there honor. the the skaven having the best seats. Right on top of the table (covered in gravy btw)

tenpole
28-04-2007, 01:11
Niggles willing I can still field 15 players so we will see about that boast.

Robocop (brag mode) is the current top casualty scorer in the stunty league.

Must remember to take out the Sonic the Hedgehog cart out of Rat terminator and replace it with Smash TV next game.

Deng Ham
28-04-2007, 11:01
We got half way tru the game when tiscali iterupted us. It was a blood bath. As a real stunty games shoud be. There is still a smal chance that the NSZ can score an equalizer before half time. But that includ a throw team mate. It's only one turn left and no halfling within scoring range.

tenpole
28-04-2007, 11:28
So thats what you are going to do, not that i can stop you. The game has turned into a real nail biter. Imzerved NZS star halfing has died ironically not because of the mecca but because he tripped and fell. Hahahaha.

In the next half I will be able to field a team of 11 but thats it. I think dengs team will have a few reserves. Again the deathroller tripped while going for it. Still no spp for the BMW. :(

Robocop got a casualty bumping his score up and not to be out done Rat terminator got a casualty. This is a great game with Tenpole Mecca 1 - 0 up. Could they win there first game???

Deng Ham
29-04-2007, 12:23
New Zaggarund Steaks vs Tenpole Mecca WS

The pich was sett for a mind crushing spectacle of a blood bowl match. The meccas, and specialy robocop. Had just come for a very uplifting game aginst the "Flobalob". Tho the rats took a beating, but that had not left a permanent mark. And the team was ready to face a chaos 'fling team that had lost some of it's early pride. And where strugeling to rebuild there reputation. The odd thing was that they turned the game after a walk over win against the "Lilliputian Malefactors". And then a fast and fragile disny fairy team. And now they wanted to do some damage.

As the kick of flew heigh into the air. The line of screamage resounded in crunches and screams. The ball was left unatende. This is blood bowl after all, and it's more inportant to do damage than handle the ball. The Steaks did not perform too well in the start and lost more then they removed. On topp of that the mecca came tru and took possesion of the ball. The chaotic fans where shocked to see the star flin stumble as he was trying to rush into posission. And there where no getting back up for him. Belive that. No bloocking needed. He just up and fell over. But the team refused to take this mortal blow. And got back out there. With only 3 turn remaining of the first half. The got ready to puss forward. And so did. Getting possesion of the ball. Unfortuantly in the chaos on the pitch there where not flink within socring range. It was then that new star player Sputz grabbed the ball, and yelled to Zhazrak the Mighty. "Throw me..." Full knowing that it might be his last words. He held on tight as the mino grabbed him and tossed him down field. He landed in a roll and gott back up. Unhindered. And scored.

This 'fling fling. Was named play of the day.

In the second half, the tenpole mecca rats suffered from a lack of willing players. AK47 was found deep down in the loocker room skulking way. To avoid having to play the NSZ. And without the suport from the rat beside them. The rast where quickly knocked down. And the Steaks scored not only once but twice more this half. The game ended with a very political statement from the mecca team. Zhazrak was knocked over and was piled upon by most of what was left of the TM team. Team coach, tenpole, said after the game that this was a deliberate action and that it was a atatement to ban the big guys from the leageue. The stunty leagu is for smal players, not big.

Looking at the score bord. The NZS is now up in second possision. But they have played 5 games aposing to Internal Putrefaction whom have played 4. And more importantly Underpant Stealin Gnomes. Whom are 2 points behind with one game less played.
Robocop is still the star of the league with 26 points. But the rest is filled by NZS players. Both Fodderman and Sputz are up on 17 pooint.

tenpole
29-04-2007, 13:53
This game could have been Tenpole's but for the spectacular fling, which not only meant the flings equalized but it put AK47 on pitch for one turn. The ref spotted his secret weapon blunderbuss and ejected him from the game. He was not hiding in the locker room.
Although Webber the slave was hiding in the locker room and had to dragged out.
The second half just went Pete Tong from there. the Mecca failed to do damage and the slaves could not pass the ball up field. Together with the superior strength onslaught it became a rout with the slaves ignoring the ball and fighting for their lives.

Man of the match Sputz from the NZS. His fling and touchdown won them the game.

tenpole
11-05-2007, 08:22
Did Y' Spill Me Pint Tournament Match

The Mecca stopped the nurglings from there winning streak in typical Mecca play. First quick touchdown then for the remainder of the half a struggle to hold back the opposition as their number dwindle away. Webber who scored the opening touchdown made a bad block and was killed.

At the start of the second half it was 6 Mecca vs 9 Putrefaction. The Mecca struggled to hold the nuglings back. lee enfield used his rifle butt to foul Constipation and killed him.

The Nuglings equalized and for the remainder of the game the Mecca struggled to break through the tentacled beasts.

PhrollikK
11-05-2007, 09:21
An interesting match between my Nurglings and tenpoles Mecca WS. I wasn't anticipating the rats to be as hard as they were. The game started off with me kicking and tenpole throwing the first block, which resulted in a CAS! From then on the faster rats just ran through my line with the aid of the mechavermins and scored a TD in 3 turns thanks to a blunderbuss pass across the board. On the remaining turns of the first half I managed to put pressure on the rats and having numerical superiority I managed to score a late TD. Thing was that my KO box was brimful of nurglings and they never came out for the drives. Second half started off with 7 vs 7 players and me receiving. This half started with a tripple skull block for my beast and ended as quickly, neither team having scored the winning TD.

All in all a great match with great highlight material: like the time when tenpole managed to dodge away with three ST1 rats in a row from my tentacled ST5 beast(!) Was a close match but in the end my nurglings are still undefeated >:)

tenpole
15-05-2007, 21:27
Just watched the fairies vs the vampirelings Flobalob game. Well Iscariot has never had so much bad dice rolls against him. He must have upset the gods. Flobalob took advantage of this and began smashing his team then getting the winning touchdown. The DSU were then struggling to equalize still hampered by dice rolls and suicidal stupid tactics. I think the curse had got to the coach as well as the dice. Without these bad dice rolls the score could have been total different.

LordSnotball
17-05-2007, 10:14
Just played my match with Vypyr, and boy oh boy was there a lot of blood... turn 1, both claws were removed by poisoned daggers, and then the real mayhem started...

final score 3:0, replay here: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1686349

njoy

Yorkiebar
17-05-2007, 12:33
Da Rebul Fakshun 1 vs 1 Underpant Stealin' Gnomes

Bombs and mini-slayer dudes with Frenzy can hurt. I was utterly ineffective with my blocks in the first half and watched most of my team swept from the pitch (including a KILLED Chainsaw-wielder!) as I went down 1-0.

In the second half I was determined to use the few goblins I had well and deny the gnomes the all-important second TD. Much to my surprise I not only managed this but due to the miracle of pogo sticks, a few unlucky rolls by th0r and by being suicidal I managed to slowly get the ball up the pitch for an endgame TD by Mogrot.

Da Rebul Fakshun have not done nearly as well this tournament as in Stunty Weapon Masters - so far they are on 1W-2D-1L and 1 Forfeit for being on vacation - but they are determined to make a comeback, recently investing in yet another Fanatic, Baznut "Da Basha" Bortug, and a replacement second Chainsaw gobbo, Bagrat Squiggaddon. Wit these new additions, their expert pogo stick pilots and star player Badnag Grogwort, they know they can pull off more victories and stay at da top.

NEXT MATCH: Two of the original rival teams in the league are going up against each other. With four chainsaws in total and a few bombers and Minotaurs thrown in, expect absolute carnage on the pitch in this, the ultimate stunty showdown - DA REBUL FAKSHUN vs NEW ZAGGARUND STEAKS!

tenpole
17-05-2007, 19:02
Well done Yorkie for holding up against those tough gnomes. Loved the steal and touchdown. But just ponder a moment that every game I play is just like your match with slaves being knocked out in swarms.

Also note that the two teams in the sidelines the Hoodoo Voodoos and E' kicked my Shin Eshin team have had a game with the Eshin beating the pygmies 3 - 0.

Deng Ham
21-05-2007, 20:46
Flobalob vs New Zaggarund Steaks is going to happen tonight. in about an houer.
Come watch the vapire's get squashed. And the Steaks bath in glory.

For the Steaks are commin, the steaks are commin.

Yorkiebar
21-05-2007, 20:57
Flobalob vs New Zaggarund Steaks is going to happen tonight. in about an houer.
Come watch the vapire's get squashed. And the Steaks bath in glory.

For the Steaks are commin, the steaks are commin.But you agreed to play me tonight!

tenpole
21-05-2007, 20:58
I will be there. Deng you need to win this game if there is any chance of you getting top of the league. But phrollikk still has to loose his other games.

Deng Ham
21-05-2007, 21:06
But you agreed to play me tonight!

Ooops big bommer. That's what happen when I'v not played FUMBBL in a while.

Game not happening. after all

Deng Ham
24-05-2007, 20:33
Flobalob 1 - 0 New Zaggarund Steaks

A fine sunny afternoon in the blood Bath Dome, New Zaggarund. Youtoo and Beanday have just compleeted a mini consert... The lyricks of a song we all know too well. "There is a house in New Zaggarund, they call the blood bath done. The Steaks are commin, the Steaks are commin. We say nomatter how you try, you'll realize this is goodby". And the 50 000 spectators that had shown up to watch the game all sang along. Seated on the row's upon rows of benches. The came to see blood spilt. And the earth on the pitch become even darker.
They did not have to wait long.

It was a brutal game. And already from turn one. Players where caried off the ptich on stretchers. Luckely for the Steaks, one of them where non other than .:Ahriman:. But despite this. Not many other vampire players left the pitch. And NZS where outnumbered. For the rest of the game. But the two minos made up. With superior blocking power. The Steaks controlled the ball almost all of the first hlaf. And where close to scoring a TD. But there was just not room to get tru, and keeping the ball.

The second half did not fair nearly as good. The minos chose to go wild at crusial moments in the game. On blizes that realy materd. And eventualy Flobalob got the ball safely down to scor in the last minutes of the game.

Overal most of the game saw only 5 to 7 players pr team.

The man of tha mach was with out a doubt.: Beefcake. His run and dodge into tackle zones, containing the ball. Then picking it up and dodging back out. Lobbing the ball down to a waiting Zhazrak The Mighty, who catch the ball. And head for home. Unfortunaly he was cough up pu a horde of thrallings. And knocked down.

Deng Ham
24-05-2007, 21:43
Not only did I manage to get 2 more players into the team. But my rating is still only 10 higher than Yorky's "Da Rebul Fakshun". So No Handicap for you either. But if it goes as it did gainst Flobaalob. Then it will do me no good.

Lardidar
24-05-2007, 22:16
It was a good game, there was a bunch of us watching :)

I thought you might just sneak it when you got that pass to the mino.

Deng Ham
24-05-2007, 22:19
me too.
Was thinking of gfi.. But it woud have been horible if he fell.

th0r
29-05-2007, 20:19
So like can we move this along or what?

tenpole
29-05-2007, 20:43
So like can we move this along or what?

Yes as soon as Stuart is back Ncickk can get his first game in our group. I will leave a limited time for this game. If no games have been played by the weekend then frag it, I will be kicking teams and offering places out or just putting fillers in. This tournament has not been too bad with only two grind to a halt situations.

Yorkiebar
29-05-2007, 21:18
Yes as soon as Stuart is back Ncickk can get his first game in our group. I will leave a limited time for this game. If no games have been played by the weekend then frag it, I will be kicking teams and offering places out or just putting fillers in. This tournament has not been too bad with only two grind to a halt situations.I just want to make it clear that the Rebul Fakshun are completely active and able to play, it's only Iscariot's return that's delaying them.

tenpole
30-05-2007, 05:34
He is back did you not get a reply to your messages from him?!

No nor did I.

Fredox
30-05-2007, 21:08
I'm waiting for my opponents to play earlier matches so they can play me in all the leagues I'm in.

tenpole
06-06-2007, 01:13
Well it looks like things are on a roll now. Thors big game with Snotball Eshin tonight should start a multitude of games. All will be finished in two weeks I expect. So keep looking into fumbbl to check your PM's and see if your opponent is asking to schedule a game.

LordSnotball
06-06-2007, 06:49
heh, nice to have got things back and running... the fluff has returned to stunty!

tenpole
08-06-2007, 22:48
Looks like Greeny meenies are out, So thors last game will be Monday.

PhrollikK
12-06-2007, 10:16
Internal Putrefaction 2 - 1 Da Rebul Fakshun

Well folks, I can't beleive it myself, but it happened! I went into this game a heavy underdog, despite my accomplishments in the tournament. With 14 players, of whom 5 missed the game including a Beast I was forced to hire a freebooter to shunt my numbers up to 10 players on the field. I have always had trouble playing the specialist teams (chaos halfers, goblins) because they have a variety of players that I can't counter (how much can you really do with a nurgling!?) .

Game started and I was thinking this was going to be my second loss. I got to receive and started some pounding with my beast as I concentrated my nurglings on opne side of the field. Yorkie snatched the ball from me but a bad throw by his bombardier meant the ball catcher also caught a bomb and lost the ball! I snatched it up and made a dash for the 1-0 TD. Can note that at this point Yorkie used 8 players to foul my beast and KO'd him! As an answer to this Yorkie played a blinder and scored a well deserved 1-1 with some good ballhandling, never could do much.

Second half comes along and although we have played 3 drives only one of Yorkies Secret Weapons was sent off... He gets to receive and starts to run towards my line. A big cluster in the middle was formed and I somehow manage to snatch the ball from him. I make a few dodges and start for his end line. A couple unfortunate circumstances mean I can outrun his team and at the finishline He gets a blitz with his chainsaw wielding lunatic at my ball carrier but failes a gfi (mind you it was a blizzard). Which meant me scoring 2-1! The rest of the game was a big huddle of blocks and fouls!

A very interesting game that I still can't grasp how I pulled off. I didn't even think a draw was likely but there ya go. It's a funny old game, I guess ;)

Ooh and he chainsawed my beast to death :skull:

tenpole
12-06-2007, 19:05
Well done Phrollikk on your win, you have won the tournament and now reap the glories. Number 1 seed, 13 FF, 1 beast, oh well maybe not all so great but well done.