PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts O&Gs

Wargamejunkie
05-03-2007, 19:06
This is my first attempt at an Orc and Gobbo list. I'll discuss the strategy behind the units at the end of this post. Enjoy.

Warboss Madwhack Facestompa 200pts
(Black Orc Warboss)
Bigged's 'ed Kickin Boots
Amulet of Protectyness
Da Bosses' Boyz 174 pts
(24 Orc Boyz)
Full Command, Choppas & Shields

D.Piddy, Da Banna Boss 180pts
(Black Orc Big Boss Standard Bearer)
Mork's Spirit Totem, Heavy Armor, Mounted on boar
Da ThugNecks 168pts
(23 Orc Boyz)
Full Command, Choppa & Shield

Orc Shamman 150
2 Power Stones
Mork's Choppas 233pts
(29 Orc Boyz)
Full Command, Dual Choppas

Little Wierdy 135pts
(Night Goblin Shamman)
Staff of Baduum, Magic Mushroom
Night Goblins 89pts
(20 night goblins)
short bows, musician, 1 fanatic

Night Goblins 89pts
(20 night goblins)

Night Goblins 89pts
(20 night goblins)

Goblin Spider Riders 71pts
(5 goblin spider riders)
Musician, Spear and Shield

Goblin Spider Riders 71pts
(5 goblin spider riders)
Musician, Spear and Shield

Goblin Wolf Riders 71pts
(5 Goblin wolf riders)
Musician, Spear and light armor

Rock Lobber 70pts

Rock Lobber 70pts

2 XSpear Chukka (35pts) 70pts

2 XSpear Chukka (35pts) 70pts

I'll post the tactics in a sec.

ScreamingDoombull
05-03-2007, 19:46
Ok, As it turns out, my friend didn't log off his account before I started typing so for clarity's sake, this is my army list. Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, the tactics:

I'm looking to place the two night gobbo units infront of my Black Orcs (with units) as screening units. They'll be able to advance/fire/release fanatics on the unwary or reckless. The third NG unit will have the Gobbo shammy in it and chill on a flank. This guys job is artillery. The NGs can shoot and he can fling spells to his hearts content. If anyone get the great idead to rush him, they get a fanatic to the face. The Orc boyz units form retinues for my Orc heroes and provides the power in my army. The boyz with handweapons and shields are meant for surviving the fight and giving the bosses the combat res to win the battle. The Bosses themselves will provide the actual killing power and ld. The Orc shammy will hopefully provide firepower while leading the boyz with the dual choppas. This unit will be 6x5 and actually be tuned for killing.

The Bolt Throwers are used to take down large targets and heavy armored units. The Stone throwers can be used to mess up large infantry blocks, or other warmachines. The total comes to 2000pts exactly. What do ya'll think?

chaos_core
05-03-2007, 20:54
nice list dont see nothing wrong I would mabey give your wolf riders bows instead of spears always nice to have some fast cav for blocking

Ozendorph
06-03-2007, 21:22
I wonder if there's a way you could squeeze a second fanatic into the Goblin Shaman's regiment? Reason being that 2 fanatics would stand a better chance of either getting in a charging unit's way (by falling short on the initial launch and possibly forcing 2d6 hits if the enemy end their movement on him) or forcing a panic test due to casualties. I figure that unit wants to avoid combat at all costs.

DaBrode
06-03-2007, 21:47
nice list dont see nothing wrong I would mabey give your wolf riders bows instead of spears always nice to have some fast cav for blocking

+1S on charge beats Shortbows all day long. This is bad advice IMO.

Ozendorph
06-03-2007, 21:53
+1S on charge beats Shortbows all day long. This is bad advice IMO.

You're absolutely right...provided you plan to use them to charge anything. If you're just going to use them as bait (or to block marching) the bows might not be a bad idea.

ScreamingDoombull
06-03-2007, 22:11
Currently, I'm planning on using them for anything from baiting, skirmisher hunting, warmachine ambushing, and negating rank bonuses. They are the fast element in the army (along with spiderriders). The extra fanatic might not be a bad idea. I have a friend that plays skaven with tunneling teams and two fanatics would allow me to throw one at them and another infront of the unit to deter charges. I'll see what I can do. Keep the comments coming. Like I said, this is my first list so I can use all the advice available.