PDA

View Full Version : Frenzied Characters in Chariots.

Mazdug
05-03-2007, 21:09
When a Frenzied character is placed in a chariot, the 7th ed rules make it out that the chariot is now frenzied, so what I want to know is, do all the parts of the chariot get the extra attack for frenzy (steeds and crew)? I would assume so from the way things are worded, but it does seem a little unclear, and was curious how other people play it.
Thanks.

kruzkal
05-03-2007, 21:18
It does seem that way from the BRB.

gjnoronh
05-03-2007, 21:22
Yes see the FAQ. However not if it's a khornate model - see the FAQ for details.

kruzkal
05-03-2007, 21:23
Note that the rules for this is a little different if it is Frenzy induced my the Mark of Khorne. In which case the chariot itself must bear the Mark too, the chariot must charge if in range but the steeds do not gain the +1 attack.

Makaber
06-03-2007, 18:11
I'm totally gonna toss a Black Maul on my Beastlord and toss him in a chariot. It's a silly rule and I hate it, but Beastmen get too little love and it's a bona fide scud missile.

sds661
06-03-2007, 22:56
Makes Savage Orc Boar Boyz too powerfull on the charge IMO. The boar is the biggest threat!! 2 attacks each at strength 5 ... and then the riders have a whack if there's anything left.

My regular opponent and I have decided to ignore this rule when we play each other.

Falkman
07-03-2007, 07:48
Makes Savage Orc Boar Boyz too powerfull on the charge IMO. The boar is the biggest threat!! 2 attacks each at strength 5 ... and then the riders have a whack if there's anything left.

My regular opponent and I have decided to ignore this rule when we play each other.

I think the to-hit chart make goblins too weak, so I've decided to ignore it....:rolleyes:

T10
07-03-2007, 07:57
In favor of what? Automatic hits or automatic misses? :)

Anyways: By an large the rule that Psychology affects the entire model is a good rule. The only "problem" is the rather hefty bonus of +1 attack to those normally non-frenzied components.

-T10

Falkman
07-03-2007, 07:59
It was just irony displayed at the dude who wanted to ignore rules simply because they did not suit him.

It would be automatic hits though, of course :p

T10
07-03-2007, 08:44
Of course! :)

-T10

(And yeah, I got the irony-thingy)

EvC
07-03-2007, 11:36
The irony doesn't really work because goblins aren't too weak with the current to-hit chart. A better response would be something like, "We've decided the Raiders rule needs updating, so I let my opponents rank up their Beastmen in rows of 5", or, "Bat Swarms are now really bad, so I let my opponent take them for 30 points rather than 65". However, that ruins the intention and shows that sds661 and his friend were just making a House Rule of their own to make their games more enjoyable- not a crime!!

T10
07-03-2007, 13:31
That's irony so good it can only be trumped by sarcasm!

-T10

Yellow Commissar
07-03-2007, 13:34
The irony doesn't really work because goblins aren't too weak with the current to-hit chart. A better response would be something like, "We've decided the Raiders rule needs updating, so I let my opponents rank up their Beastmen in rows of 5", or, "Bat Swarms are now really bad, so I let my opponent take them for 30 points rather than 65". However, that ruins the intention and shows that sds661 and his friend were just making a House Rule of their own to make their games more enjoyable- not a crime!!

No, not a crime at all. In fact the rules recommend house rules. Well done sds661. ;)

sds661
07-03-2007, 21:52
No, not a crime at all. In fact the rules recommend house rules. Well done sds661. ;)
Thanks for the support Yella Fella and EvC.

Yes I know its the rule, and playing anyone else I'd abide by it ... but my mate and I agree its over the top to give the boar another gore (and he's the Orc man, not me) so why not play it how we see it when play each other.

Some of you guys have got to chill ... Warhammer's not life and death, you know, its just a bit of fun.