PDA

View Full Version : wood elf trail list

tyrion11482
06-03-2007, 03:01
i am trying to get a firm footing for WE so here is my first shot at it for 2500

2500 Pts - Wood Elves Roster - WE trial

1 Branchwraith @ 165 Pts
Level 1 Wizard
1 An Annoyance of Netlings
1 A Murder of Spites

1 Spellweaver @ 350 Pts
Level 4 Upgrade
1 Calaingor's Stave
1 The Rhymer's Harp

1 Wood Elf Noble @ 150 Pts
Waywatcher Kindred
1 Asyendi's Bane
1 Hail of Doom Arrow

1 Wood Elf Noble @ 142 Pts
General; Scout Kindred Shield
1 The Bow of Loren
1 Briarsheath

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

6 Waywatchers @ 144 Pts

1 Treeman @ 285 Pts

7 Dryads @ 108 Pts

1 Branch Nymph

7 Dryads @ 108 Pts

1 Branch Nymph

7 Dryads @ 108 Pts

1 Branch Nymph

3 Warhawk Riders @ 120 Pts

3 Warhawk Riders @ 120 Pts

12 Wardancers @ 255 Pts
Musician Mus
1 Bladesinger

5 Glade Guard Scouts @ 85 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2500

ideas questions comments?[dice0]

god octo
06-03-2007, 16:16
I would personally drop the waywatcher noble for another mage, with the level 2 upgrade and a scroll. He is too expensive and does little- his magic bow means he cant use his killing shot and the hail of doom arrow can be caried by someone else. Also, if you have waywatchers (its a personal thing) but i wouldnt bother including scouts- they are also too expensive for what they do

tyrion11482
08-03-2007, 02:37
the magic bow is a good point. other chars dont ahve BS6 for it to work with though...

Iziuth
08-03-2007, 08:22
Why do you have the rhymers harp? It gives a 5+ ward save to the character and the unit, but I think it is to expensive to use on glade guard. If it was in a unit of eternal guard or something more expensive it would be worth it, otherwise just get the glamour weave instead or the one that gives a 3+ ward against all mundane attacks.

god octo
08-03-2007, 16:12
Why do you have the rhymers harp? It gives a 5+ ward save to the character and the unit, but I think it is to expensive to use on glade guard. If it was in a unit of eternal guard or something more expensive it would be worth it, otherwise just get the glamour weave instead or the one that gives a 3+ ward against all mundane attacks.

Im guessing that the spellweaver is going with the wardancers: then although expensive, it does make them a bit more survivable.

Iziuth
09-03-2007, 08:08
IIRC only wardancer characters can join a wardancer unit. This means that the only viable unit lest to have the spellweaver join are the gladeguard, and in this case I would suggest another option for a ward save for the mage. And then get the wand of wych elm. Also I only think the bow of loren is usefull when combined with some magic arrows.

Phoenix_331
09-03-2007, 13:46
IIRC only wardancer characters can join a wardancer unit. This means that the only viable unit lest to have the spellweaver join are the gladeguard, and in this case I would suggest another option for a ward save for the mage. And then get the wand of wych elm. Also I only think the bow of loren is usefull when combined with some magic arrows.

That's exactly what I wanted to say, you're so right there!!!!!! IMHO the Waywatcher noble isn't worth it. The killingblow special rule only applies if he isn't using a magic bow or arrow so you're bying points for nothing. I would take an other character instead of him or make him a scout. Also I would recommend a heavy hitting Wildrider unit, they're very usefull. Just a thought!!!!!!!

Phoenix_331
09-03-2007, 14:05
IIRC only wardancer characters can join a wardancer unit.

I thougt the same, but I can't find it in the army book. It only says that wardancer characters can't join any other unit except Wardancers, but I suppose I'm missing something....

but then again I wouldn't put a wizard in a wardancer unit, as a matter of fact i never place spellweavers/spellsingers in a unit

god octo
09-03-2007, 16:10
Nope, ANY character can join a Wardancer unit, but a Wardancer hero can only join a unit of Wardancers. All the confusion stems from the old 5th ed rules, where only Bladsingers could join WD units, as they could become unbreakable for a turn.

On a different note, my Spellweaver lives in my wardancer unit. For fluff perposes, i have given her the Wildfire blades and the Amaranthine brooch and she has yet to die. The wardancers are tough eneough to handle themselves, but the champion can also take Challenges to protect my Spellweaver.