PDA

View Full Version : Orcs leading gobbos? Help!

Warboss Snazgrod
06-03-2007, 09:50
I have never played WHFB before but i wanted to take part in the summer campaign so i have got myself BFSP and am going to run a small, 1000pt, Gobbo army. Now i've looked at the army book, is a all night gob army practical? Can i add an Orc general to get some half way decent leadership in there? I have tried a few games against a friend and low leadership seems to get me every time!!

thanks for any guidance!!

Curufew
06-03-2007, 09:59
I've a friend who runs an all night gobbo army. Pretty funny. 200 + Gobbos on the board. He uses quite a number of fanatics, have 2 huge blocks of night gobbo spearman, some archers and some other unit and quite magic heavy. He has some success with it.

bram kuijpers
06-03-2007, 09:59
yes look up the orc and gobbo codex

you can take a orc character in the army no problem pick a black orc they though

Warboss Snazgrod
06-03-2007, 10:22
Black Orc then, any suggestion son how to equip him?

Alathir
06-03-2007, 10:25
It is quite viable... just make sure you are ready to laugh alot.. as these guys will head for the hills at the first chance... although with the stern eye (or fist) of an orc nearby they will be more likely to stick around... and there are a few banners and such that can make them brave...

my friend has run a few a couple of times and each time they have performed better than his orcs.. its ridiculous.

plus, fanatics are freaking awesome.

Belerophon709
06-03-2007, 18:57
Put him on a chariot and give him the Battleaxe of the Last Waaagh! Charge him straight down the center and drive a wedge straight through your enemy's line.

When it works, it rocks :D
When the chariot gets blown to bits by a cannon, he's a sitting duck...
Goes with the theme of the army though - massacre, or get massacred!

:D

Ozendorph
06-03-2007, 19:23
If you're intent on sticking the the gobbos, maybe go with a Red Raggedy Banner to up your chances of the lads doing as their told. That said, Orcs (and Black Orcs in particular) will definitely inject a quite a bit more stability into the army.

If you do include a Black Orc warboss, be sure to stick him in a nice big unit, as he tends to inflict a few casualties on his own mates (in lieu of squabbling) and you don't want him rendering a small mob ineffective.

Avian
07-03-2007, 11:15
Put him on a chariot and give him the Battleaxe of the Last Waaagh!
For a model on a chariot the Battleaxe of the Last Waaagh! is a 100-point sharp stick with no special rules.

Are you perhaps thinking of some other magic weapon?