PDA

View Full Version : DA: What Are The Watchers?

HughbertofKhorne
06-03-2007, 09:36
What are the watchers in the dark.
Are they Abhumans? Aliens? Daemonic Dwarves?

bram kuijpers
06-03-2007, 11:03
aliens or superduper humans

ss_cherubael
06-03-2007, 11:22
physical manifestations of the Dark Angels guilt, created so that they are reminded of their fall but taken away from their bodies so they are not crushed by the guilt and can continue to seek redemption.

Rabid Bunny 666
06-03-2007, 11:36
Cool, is that in the new 'dex?

ss_cherubael
06-03-2007, 11:41
Its one idea put forward in the new codex yes. Its in one of the little shaded text boxes. I like this idea myself as it makes sense when you sit down and look at the details. If you like it have a look at the thread in here on the dark angels secret and i brought it up there and it was talked about in some depth.

rev
06-03-2007, 11:45
smurfs. (and thats the little blue dudes not space marines..)

the reason they wear cloaks is cos they are blue, and it clashes with the DA armour.

Tarquinn
06-03-2007, 11:49
I think they look awfully like gretchin in cloaks. That would fit well the dark-orkgreen colour of the Dark Angels' armour. :p

CommanderCax
06-03-2007, 12:17
physical manifestations of the Dark Angels guilt,

Wouldn't this make them akin to daemons? Physical manifestations of humanoid emotions... :eek:

Someone call in the Ordo Malleus please... :chrome:

BramGaunt
06-03-2007, 13:53
Look at the Hands of the Wathcer holding Azraels helm (or Lion El's, what ever...), he's got skeleton-like claws.
I'd say they are Deamons.

HiveFleetEzekial
06-03-2007, 14:19
The 'hands' are mini power armour gloves. Look closer :)

And while the idea presented by cherubael is interesting, it is not without it's holes. (timing of their creation, and how luthor knew what they were, if they were indeed formed from guilt.. it's all in another thread i posted in here, somewhere)

rickie8437
06-03-2007, 14:24
did say vat grwon servitors that the legion would have used

Gutlord Grom
06-03-2007, 15:53
They look like little Space Marines, because you can see the little hands and Space Marine boots. I personally think they're some kind of alien/warp entity that has for some reason bonded/sympathise/or feeding on the guilt of the Dark Angels. This might explain why the Dark Angels don't see them as enemies, because they don't seem to be hostile and are probably ingrained in every Space Marine from the beginning of his Chapter service.

FlashGordon
06-03-2007, 16:51
How can they be "physical manifestations of the Dark Angels guilt", when only a small part of the chapter knows the truth?

Luthien
06-03-2007, 17:00
gene seed. its like the black rage why do the death company go crazy when it was only sanguinius who died, cos its ingrained on their gene seed just like the guilt of the angels they don't know what it is or why they feel it they just do

FlashGordon
06-03-2007, 17:10
Aha.... The theory seems more plausible now.

J-Saku
06-03-2007, 17:14
The true secret is revealed. When Lion came back to his world, he found that the entire legion he left behind had turned... into watchers in the dark!

That falling to chaos stuff is all made up to cover up the real truth. Poor ravenwing suckers going out thinking they're capturing the fallen, only to find a miniature space marine huffing and puffing away.

Luthien
06-03-2007, 17:39
hmmmm i always wondered where the watchers get their mini power armour suits from do the angels make it for them or do they come ready equipped