PDA

View Full Version : von Carstein 2k pts

pimpadillio
06-03-2007, 20:35
the list I'm currently working on, I've tested it against gobbos, empire and skaven so far and it has worked out to satisfaction^^

von Carstein 2k pts

Characters 775pts

Count 339pts
-lvl2
-Barded Warhorse
-GW
-the Gem of Blood
-Aura of Dark Majesty
-Summon Wolves

Thrall 138pts
-GW
-the Flayed Hauberk
-Wolf Form

Necromancer 140pts
-lvl2
-Black Periapt
-Dispel Scroll

Necromancer 158pts
-lvl2
-Nightmare
-Book of Arkhan
-Dispel Scroll

Core 530pts

Zombies x28 183pts
-SM

Zombies x28 183pts
-SM

Dire Wolves x5 50pts

Dire Wolves x5 50pts

Ghouls x8 64pts

Special 685pts

Black Knights x10 335pts
-SCM
-Barded Nightmares
-Banner of the Barrows

Spirit Host x4 260pts

Fell Bats x5 100pts

______
2000pts

The strategy is pretty simple, the count goes in one Zombieblock and and the Thrall and the footnecro goes in the other one, and they together make up the center of the army.

The Knights take one flank together with Wolves and the mounted necro hides behind them so he is independent letting him cruise to the other side of the board so he can apply the Book or a invocation where needed or as he is intended make the knights sickenly fast!

the Ghouls and Hosts tie up the other flank together with the wolves who hides behind the hosts and dive in to flankcharge. the Fell Bats hunt crews and mages as usual^^

Thats the basic Idea but you will have to adapt, as always...

What do you guys think?

dominic_carrillo
06-03-2007, 20:45
i dont like great weapons when mounted. get a lance or something

Negativemoney
06-03-2007, 20:50
Your vampire needs a lance and walking death.

Drop the Zombies for blocks of equal point skeletons and loose one of the Black nights and a spirit host. what ever points you have left over get more wolves.

forgottenlor
07-03-2007, 07:40
I like the zombies (they are just spongues anyway, and from my experience skeletons don't win combats by themselves) But I would take a lance, simply because of your initiative. The spirit host is really expensive for a unit that is basically a sponge unit, isn't it?

Negativemoney
08-03-2007, 06:01
Zombies are for summoning and skeletons are for holding ground.

dominic_carrillo
08-03-2007, 08:02
if your going to do the vamp thrall wolf bomb, which is what i think your doing, you should make a large unit of wolves

Hazhumie
10-03-2007, 15:33
You may have a little trouble with elves. High Elves with the first turn could turn your fast units into pincusions with their longbows and bolt throwers. That would all be in the deployment. Dark elves riding rings around things with crossbows could have a similar effect in the game. Dark Elves gave my VC troubles over the years, but I was a not a Von Carstein guy, so take that with a grain of salt.

What is your plan for scouting units? My dark elf and lizardmen opponents seemed to put their scouts on the of the deployment without the fell bats and shoot the snot out of the closest unit. With sizeable numbers, scouts will take out the bats or ghouls before those units get a chance at them, especially if the scouts get first turn. $0.02

Darkangeldentist
10-03-2007, 16:20
This is a personal preference but I would give the thrall a battle standard and no great weapon. He hit's softer but is much more resilient. The standard really makes a big difference. Is one of the greatest assets to the undead I've ever found. Fast tough and able to take on or hold up anything without ranks.

Nice list on the whole though.

vampires are cool!
11-03-2007, 15:34
I agree with Dark on the standard bearer. Makes your units harder to kill. Drop the wolf form and give him either the sword of might or the talisman of protection - makes him that much harder.