PDA

View Full Version : Potential silly question regarding greenskins.

After Shock
07-03-2007, 06:27
2000+ army situation.
Characters limit would be 4, 1 lord, 4 heroes.
Assuming Lord slot is taken.
Characters and Heroes would be Night Goblin big bosses, and Night Goblin shaman. Assume they combined take up the character and hero limit.

Now in my core choices am I limited to how many Night Goblins can be upgraded to bosses? Not in one unit though as it does state "upgrade one night goblin to a night goblin big boss."

Next question in Night Goblins core units. "Any unit may be equipped with nets for x". Does not state point/figure type like they do with fanatics. How does this work with the WYSIWYG and or casualties, or is it presumed that any person can pick up the net and carry on or whatever?

Last two silly question. Special units limit 0-4.
Squig hoppers, cost 15. Unit size 5-10. So alas if I take 10 squig hoppers in same unit that only counts as 1 special unit right? Basically if a unit size is # or #+ I can take as many as listed or as I want if the + appears and as long as they are in same unit it only counts as 1 special unit correct?

Same area, I can take as many squig herd teams as I want in one unit and still count as only 1 special unit correct?

I really am not dense, I just have not played WFB since 2nd-3rd ed.

P.S. If this is in wrong area please feel free to move it to correct area.

pcgamer72
07-03-2007, 06:34
I'm not really sure if I understand the first couple of questions.. but you can have a champion in each unit, yes... if that's what you're asking.

Yes if you max out on the # of models in a unit, it is still ONE unit, so still one Special choice.

After Shock
07-03-2007, 06:37
I think you answered what I thought.

I can upgrade 1 boss per unit.
I can take 10 squig hoppers as 1 special unit.
I can take as many squig herds as I desire as long as they are in one unit.

pcgamer72
07-03-2007, 06:40
Yup that all looks good. I'm not quite sure how nets work though. I don't know if they cost X per unit or X per model.

DaBrode
07-03-2007, 06:48
Characters limit would be 4, 1 lord, 4 heroes.

I don't get this part...Character Limit is 5 if you can have a lord and 4 heroes...no?

Revlid
Not sure about Herds, but yes, you can have 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 Squig Hoppers in a unit for single Special Choice.

After Shock
It says any unit can be upgraded to nets for +35.

Baindread
07-03-2007, 07:14
I don't get this part...Character Limit is 5 if you can have a lord and 4 heroes...no?

In a 2000 pts battle you are allowed 4 characters and with a maximum of 1 lord as one of those choices. 1 lord + 3 heroes or 4 heroes.

Regarding nets, you pay 35 pts for the entire unit and when in combat you roll one die and see what effect occurs.

pcgamer72
07-03-2007, 07:14

The total max number of characters is 4. You can have 1 Lord and 3 Heroes. Or 4 Heroes.

It says any unit can be upgraded to nets for +35.

Yeh, then it doesn't matter if you have 20 Goblins or 100 Goblins in the unit, the cost is still 35 points.

After Shock
07-03-2007, 07:17
Sorry about the little math issue with character limit, I realize it is 1 lord and 4 others.

Voltaire
07-03-2007, 08:57
3 others ;)

The net thing means that you'll be getting better value if you go big and take 30 goblins in a unit.

Angry Lawyer
07-03-2007, 09:09
Consider it this way:

You can have up to four characters in your army. Out of those, up to one can be chosen as a lord, instead of a hero.

-Angry Lawyer

After Shock
07-03-2007, 19:05
Dang it my mind keeps getting messed up on the two separate allotment allowances.
Ok total of 4 characters, this would include any heroes, lords, ect.
Then I can take 3+ core units, 0-4 special units, 0-2 rare units.

I can however take as many squigs as I want in a herd and count that as one special right?

And can anyone clarify the whole damn net issue. Maybe rules wise, maybe WYSIWYG wise. How many net figures do I put in a unit that has nets? Then also what happens if those figures get removed due to casualty? Do I still have nets and just replace a gobling with a netter or what?

WLBjork
07-03-2007, 19:15
Not sure about everyone else, but when I glance at a unit, I rely on the front file to show me any special stuff; so if you wanted Night Goblins with Nets, using Netter models on the front rank would be fine for me. The remainder of the unit can be basic "filler" models (e.g. Night Goblins with Spears).

Nets are an upgrade for the whole unit, not individual models - it makes no real difference which models are removed as casualties, only that the rules state that casualties are removed from the rear rank first (and from the outside edge working in in the case of Shooting).

After Shock
07-03-2007, 19:22
Thanks that seems to clarify the net issue. I do know you remove dead from rear flanks, just was curious since at times the rules seem to conflict from army book to main rule book.

squiggoth
07-03-2007, 19:59
I can however take as many squigs as I want in a herd and count that as one special right?

Yes - when a unit doesn't have a maximum unit size you can have as many of them as you like in one unit, and they only take up one slot (eg Squig Hoppers are unit size 5-10, so one unit of Squig Hoppers must number at least 5 models and can be 10 strong at most and still counts as a single Special Choice, but Goblins are unit size 20+ so they must be at least 20 strong, can number more than that if you like, and count as one Core unit.)
In the case of Squig Herds, one Squig Herd equals one Special Choice, but a single Squig Herd can be made up of several "packages" of three squigs and two herders.
Hope that cleared it up a bit?

And can anyone clarify the whole damn net issue. Maybe rules wise, maybe WYSIWYG wise. How many net figures do I put in a unit that has nets? Then also what happens if those figures get removed due to casualty? Do I still have nets and just replace a gobling with a netter or what?

Ruleswise, if you but the Netters upgrade for a unit of Night Goblins they are all assumed to be armed with an unlimited supply of nets, for 35 points regardless of how big the unit is.
Modelwise, a few models is enough to indicate the upgrade (in the multipart boxed set you get two nets for twenty Goblins). Casualty removal doesn't matter in this case, because the entire unit has the upgrade, so the unit still counts as having nets even when there's only a single Goblin left alive.
Leaving the actual net-carrying models standing is off course handy to remind you of the fact that they've got nets. ;)

Aelyn
08-03-2007, 11:20
For nets, because it's a female dog to convert the Skull Pass into netters, I've just made about three or four. Either they all sit in one unit and that unit has nets, or they sit next to the unit as a nets marker.