PDA

View Full Version : fear/terror

Ryu_ookami
07-03-2007, 09:29
If i have a unit that causes fear (TK Skeleton Archers) and its joined by a character that has a magic item that causes terror (TK Liche Priest with Death Mask of Kharnut) and someone wants to charge it do they need to take a fear test and a terror test ? or just the terror test ?

mattjgilbert
07-03-2007, 09:43
You never take both tests, only a terror test (page 51) - the fear test is then auto passed.

Also, it depends in the situation. If a charge would contact the character, you take a Terror test. If the character would not be contacted, you only take a fear test. Also, you only take a Terror test if within 6" of the character NOT the unit. (page 78)

TheWarSmith
07-03-2007, 17:30
Which is why flank charges are your friend in these circumstances. Smart players will place their terror causing guy in a corner so as to only give you the rear and 1 flank that you can hit safely.

Personally, I think it's kinda dumb, as you're going right next to a terror causer, and then in subsequent turns you're safe from terror because you're in combat.

It'd be like if i ran my unit 1" away from a dragon, but then the dragon flew off. I'm safe from terror. Why? Perhaps because my units didn't have time to realize what they were standing next to???