PDA

View Full Version : Misfortune's Muse - 2000 Point Chaos List for first review

Shadevar
25-07-2005, 03:29
After some brief discussion with various members in tactics, I have come up with the following army. The choices here are chosen from the models I like best, while still attempting to be competetive. I wanted a dead hard Chaos Lord leading a unique and destructive band of chaos from the wastes. I appreciate any and all input.

Chaos Lord (goes with warriors)
Undivided, Armor of Damnation, Black Maul

Sorcerer Lvl 2
Mark of Slaanesh, Power Familiar

Bray Shaman Lvl 2
Undivided, dispel scroll

5 Chaos Knights w/ Full Command

6 Chaos Warhounds

15 Chosen Chaos Warriors w/ Full Command
Undivided, 2nd Weapon, Shield

Chariot of Pleasure

Tuskgor Chariot

24 Marauders w/ Full command
Flail, Light Armour, Shield

Beast Herd (8 Gors, 5 Ungors)
2nd Weapon
Spear

Beast Herd (8 Gors, 5 Ungors)
2nd Weapon
Spear

Fiend of Slaanesh

Fiend of Slaanesh

Casting Pool: 7

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 84

Total Army Cost: 2000

Selsaral
25-07-2005, 17:02
Yeah I like it. Here's some stuff off the top of my head:

The helm of many eyes is the most important undivided item in the game (after the Banner of the Gods), and it's cheap as hell. Furthermore, on the chaos warriors who are too slow to get the charges they want striking first becomes even more important. I think it would make your chaos lord much more dangerous.

Also, Slannesh spells are far ahead of anything your undivided bray-shaman can get. Consider making him mark of slannesh too? And also consider getting him the spell familiar for only 15 points. Another spell choice off the best list in the game is certainly worth 15 points.

Nicodemus
26-07-2005, 08:05
What ever happened to playing fluffy all mortal armys with the ocasional demons, i think it is a good list but just playing to win kind of ruins the game :(

DonIzz
26-07-2005, 11:59
I don't mind if people have many beasts in their army, if your fluff can reasonably defend it I'm ok.
Anyways... I don't think Chosen warriors are worth it, lose the extra weapon and chosen. Buy Chosen for your knights instead. When you've got such a badass character leading them, you don't need them to be tough too. Drop the flails for the marauders, no point in using them as they reduce your own save to 6+. I like to have more Ungors than gors b/c you get more models for the points.

PelsBoble
26-07-2005, 12:00
I really dont see who including some beastmen are making the mortal army "unfluffy". It gives some variety and makes the army alot more fun to play imo.

Anyways the list. As selsaral pointed out. Put a great weapon and the Helm of many eyes on your lord in stead of the black maul. Always strike first (even against chargers) wiht str 7 is too good to pass out on, since you get to reroll the stupid test and all.

the beast herds are a bit low on ungors i think. If they are used as screeners they should have more ungors than gors imo. And to take slaneesh mark on the bray shaman he needs another unit with the mark of slaneesh.

And to be honest the mark of slaaneesh sux on a chariot. Mainly because it cant flee. Then you are screwed in alot of situations where you would out run the enemy.

Naghaz
26-07-2005, 15:55
What ever happened to playing fluffy all mortal armys with the ocasional demons, i think it is a good list but just playing to win kind of ruins the game :(

Uncalled for.

Read the tactics forum, its obvious it was a request for help on an army that brought the list about, not some intent to destroy opponents and fluff all at once. It was in fact the input of others that created the list.

spawn
26-07-2005, 16:31
I like your list shadavar. It looks al lot lik a undiv/slaanesh army I have played.
I would go for the helmet and great weapon combo, it's dead 'ard!

You should also consider maybe dropping the chosen from your warriors, as your general is scary enough to plow through a field of orcs. this would free you some points to get a unit of furies in, always very handy when war engines are around . If not, they are exelent at blocking march moves and rounding up fleeing troops.

You need the mark on the chariot to forefill the requirement of having "at least a marked unit, before you can take a marked character (not counting spawns)" -rule right? it is unfortune that it can't flee, but not disasterous. It will just need to be moved with care, and have some backup beastherd to help the chariot out.

Good luck!

Shadevar
26-07-2005, 16:51
Thanks for the replies (well most of them)! I will look into the Lord equipment a bit, I mostly chose the Armor and maul because I thought they would be fun to model on the figure. Armor clad bad **** swinging massive mauls just sounds daunting!

Chosen on the warriors could be dropped, I love the models so much I was trying to make them the VIPS I suppose. As for Furies, I abhore the models so if anyone has good conversion ideas let me know!

I took Slaneesh mark on the Chariot because I think it will look great (same with the Spawns). I love the Damon mounts Slaneesh uses and wanted an opportunity to put them in the army without having to use the cavalry. I didnt realise I needed the chariot to be marked in order to take the Slaneesh mage but it fealt right to have a good mixture of Slannesh and Undivided figures.

As to the response of wanting to win at all costs. Your wrong, plain and simple. If you knew me, you would likely feel bad about that comment as its so off, since you don't, I'll just brush it off as your problem.

spawn
28-07-2005, 20:44
As for Furies, I abhore the models so if anyone has good conversion ideas let me know!

You could try and stick some wings on a couple of deamonttes, not the most original conversion, but they sure would fit in your theme. Or you could use some DE harpies. Just remember to put them on the right base size.

Markconz
28-07-2005, 22:59
You could try and stick some wings on a couple of deamonttes, not the most original conversion, but they sure would fit in your theme. Or you could use some DE harpies. Just remember to put them on the right base size.

I use harpies - they are perfect for slaneesh furies. I've painted them the same skin tone and eye technique as my daemonettes and it looks great. Plus they are on 25mm bases of course. Plus 4 body variants and 2 wing variants means you get 8 different models.

Around here most people seem to take their patron lesser daemon and stick wings on it... I actually don't mind the new furies though. They have a nice bat look to them, and look good if painted up well.

The Judge
29-07-2005, 12:52
The frenzy caused by the Black Maul will shoot you in the foot a lot...

My Lord has the Armour of Damnation, Gaze of the Gods and the Helm of Many Eyes, plus a great weapon. You could always have his great weapon as a maul if you like the weapon.

Good Luck!