PDA

View Full Version : Infestation

Wiseman
25-07-2005, 05:02
Set on an imperial world in turmoil in the years leading up to the 13th crusade, the planet is threatened by a tyranid hive fleet, now this planet has no real use to the imperium, its population is small, its tithe low, but its home to an ancient artifact to the dark gods that cannot be destroyed by the tyranids, so this is where we've been called in, we are to help bolster the defences on this planet, we will be supported by a chapter of space marines, and a decent battlefleet.

Now the restrictions are

no xenos, none at all, dont even ask
nothing chaotic or mutated, puritan inquisitors dont take kind to either of these.
0-1 medic
0-3 mercenaries/bounty hunter/rogue trader/etc
0-1 techpriest
0-1 Inquisitorial Acolyte
0-2 psykers, no alpha
0-1 pariahs
No Space Marines
also 1 NPC is welcome

Wiseman
25-07-2005, 05:15
Inquisitor: Tinamou
Ordo: Xenos
Weapons:Autopistol, Inferno Pistol, Tanglefoot Grenades, web pistol, Agoniser Gauntlet
Armour: Reinforced Mesh Armour
Background: classified
Appearance: Tinamou wears dirty brown robes over his mesh armour, his face is scarred and shows signs of his age. his pistols are holstered at waist beside a series of small trophies including a scything talon that has been worn into the shape of a blade. He also wears gauntlets retrieved from battle with eldar pirates, each adorned with many sharp blades on it.

Kensai X
25-07-2005, 06:36
Vorian Riker
Arcetype:Mercenary Scum
Weapons: Monomolecular Chainblade, Dilating Rotation Mirror Diskarmor (think revolving Buzzsaw shield that folds up) traditional boot knife, and a 55. 6-shot Revolver with 12 speed loads including one special load of Hexagramic and Pentagramic bullets. One injector of Slaught and Spur with thee shots...

Armor: Carapace Armor his chest, abdomen, groin, and legs. His jacket has mesh thread in it and his old Gladiator Spiked Helm is made of Solid Titanium although he rarely wheres it.

Background: Vorian Riker sarted life as the son of an acrobat in the Carnivora he grew up as a slave to the Gladiator pits. He trained until the age of 11 when he was first placed in the arena with 12 other children against an ancient Ursun. That was just the first match in a long illustrious career as a Carnivora Gladiator. At the age of 22 he finally bought his freedom and spent the last of his money to get a ship ticket to anywhere in the Imperium on his way to the starport he was recruited to join the Inquisitor's band where he's been for the past 5 years.

Appearance: Vorian's about 6'6 235 lbs. He's well tanned and quite muscualar. He has dirty blonde he where a thick black carapace chest plate and where a black kevlar material for pants with plates of carapace interwoven into it. He wheres thick steel toed black combat boots with a large boot knife sticking out. His arms are bear, but where thick black gauntlets for dueling and wear's a large black trench coat. All this is to be finished off by his round green tinted sun glasses.

Sound Good Diddimz???

Grey-Knight
25-07-2005, 16:43
Name: Magos Dimitri Lerek

Sex: Yes please :p (male)

Appearance: about 5'10" and very skinny, his figure desgiuses his power, he had a shaved head with half of it being bionic, wires lead from his neck into his back, he wears the traditional red robes of the tech priests which is trimmed with an elegant cream color, the majority of his body is bionic save for a few parts that have since, lost all feeling as he severed the nerves. His remaining eye is a very light green, his other is a bionic eye that glows with a very dark red. the organic parts left on his face show that he was at one point handsom.

Personallity: Cold and calculating like most tech priests, Dimitri hates the organic, seeing it as weakness and a desiese to be expunged with cold steel. Keeping to himself unless not much choice is given dimitri is quite anti social with anyone not a techpriest themselves. like most techpriests, if he can have others do the fighting for him and still reach his goal he will, but he is not helpless in combat either, a superb aim with his pistols and fierce with his power axe, Dimitri is a force to be reckoned with since he has had centuries and countless adventures to refine is aim and swordplay.

Weapons: Dimitri carries a finely crafted bolt pistol, a power axe, an inferno pistol built into his left arm, also a servo arm and mechandrites, 3x reloads for his bolt pistol, 1x inferno shells, 3x reloads for his inferno pistol, 5x plasma grenades and 2 psyk out grenades.

Background: All records of Dimitri's past have been lost or destroyed, only the past 3 centuries remain, he has spent many of those in the field, finding artifacts and relics, he was on the team that discovered a recent SDT and before he was called away for this mission they were deciphering it.

Xhalax
25-07-2005, 16:47
Name: Valeria Pactra aka 'The Valkyrie'
Sex: Female
Job: Bounty Hunter
Appearence: Short black hair, spiked down the centre of her head, right augmatic eye....complete with a scar down her face, left one yellow. 5' 7, slim but curvy.
Weapons: 1x Shotgun with hellfire rounds (worn on her back), 2x Bolt Pistols (usually on with pentagrammic bullets for the psychic scum...but I can not take these if you wish) 1x Chainsword, 1x combat knife (hidden in her boot).

Background: Little is known about her other than she is very good at her job. She is known as The Valkyrie for her effciency at leading souls to the afterlife......only ever collecting her bounty upon the targets death.
She rarely speaks a word and her silence can be quite unnerving.

Wiseman
25-07-2005, 16:49
looks good so far

Darmort
25-07-2005, 18:41
What about Imperial Guard indoctrined into the Ordo Xenos? I'd like to play a new Storm Trooper I thought out.

EmperorsChamp01
25-07-2005, 19:11
Ill Be the medic just let me type everything up

Xavier
25-07-2005, 19:34
I call the 3rd bounty hunter/merc

if possible can I also fulfil the "blank/pariah" one aswell, and just be a normal person who is a blank.. as thats more of a trait than an occupation, eg: jurgen from the cain books

Commander X
25-07-2005, 20:53
Acolyte Aron Mercer reporting for duty sir. Character will be up completely tomorrow.

(BTW, am I allowed a Storm Shield?)

EmperorsChamp01
25-07-2005, 22:12
Name:Victor Keckov
Sex:Male
He is a tall man about 7'3". He has a large scar over his right eye. His right eye is bionic. He wears Grey combat fatigues. His head is shaved and there is an Imperial Aquila electooed above his Left temple. His Carpace armor has the Inquisatorial =I= on the left shoulder and the symbol of his rank on the right. He carries a a chain sword on his left leg and a hellpistol on his right.
Wargear. Frag grenades Medipack Hellpistol (3 clips) chainsword.

Background= He has served with the this inquisitor of short time. He used to be the combat medic for the 902nd Vardian Rifles. His company was under seige of the Orks for more than 10 years. He feels no compassion and his devotion in the Emperor is very strong. He is a skilled medic and has be known to help people the other medics deemed unfit to live.

Kensai X
26-07-2005, 01:41
7'3 and 6'11 wtf....

I'm surrounded by people taking horse steroids...

Xhalax
26-07-2005, 01:42
Yup. It's like P itself.
Full of freakishly tall people.

Xavier
26-07-2005, 01:53
I laughed a bit when I saw the 7'3 one. Just the way he said "he is a tall man 7'3" I would say somthing like.. "HE IS FREAKISHLY TALL 7'3!!11"

Wiseman
26-07-2005, 02:59
yeh darmort thats fine, i forgot to add 1+ Storm Troopers/Imperial Guardsmen anyway. So far so good

Slazton
26-07-2005, 03:30
*reserves spot for GM approved character*

You all are warned that this character is not standard and well, I am doing this under request ;)

Darmort
26-07-2005, 14:16
Name - Nick Tander
Sex - Male
Age - 39
Class - Storm Trooper Indoctrinated into the Inquisition
Rank - Veteran Sergeant

Equipment;
Bionic Arm, gained after the campaign against Chaos during Abbadon's 13th Crusade.
Duel Action, Triple Barrelled Shot Gun, made specially for Tander to inflict maximum damage to Chaos Cultists, with a shel capacity of 5 shells per barrel (15 shots before reloading).
300 Rounds for the Forementioned Shot Gun.
3 Frag Grenades.
Blackened Power Sword, thin, elegant and slightly curved (sabre style).
Carapace armour on legs, arms, body, abdomin, groin and a helmet.

Appearance - Yellow hair, slightly tanned skin, a scar on his left cheek, his eyes are grey.
He stands 6'6" and is broad and strong.

History - Tander grew up on Cadia, and joined the Imperial Guard at an early age of 19. When Abbadon's 13th Crusade cursed the Imperium, Tander was called to arms and lost his arm to a Chaos Champion, who he managed to fight back with his special shot gun. After that he gained Veteran Sergeant Status, and a year after an Inquisitor Conscripted him into the Inquisition.

Kensai X
26-07-2005, 15:43
Xavier really man.... that's a messed up character it's 6'11 chick (don't know about you never seen one) and somebody had to take katanas... why does everyone feel the need to have a katana!?! Do you realize your running around with 3 4-foot long swords...

But no you also have 2 bolt pistols, which you can't logically fire both at the same time because of the recoil of a 75. Calibur Pistols...

Darmort
26-07-2005, 17:17
I don't have a katana! I have a sabre! A sabre, I think, it a lot more elegent and deadly, due to the curve in the blade.

Although I agree about the two Bolt Pistols thing... I doubt anyone or anything but a Space Marine could psyically do something like that.

Xhalax
26-07-2005, 17:29
Valeria has a chainsword.

Yes she has two bolt pistols...but she never uses them both together. One is a back-up weapon for if she loses/can't get to her shotgun.

The second contains pentagrammic bolts and so she rarely draws it unless she needs to.

And what about Seraphim? They're women, not Space Marines and they use two bolt pistols on a regular basis and they're not genetically enhanced super strong people.

Kensai X
26-07-2005, 18:19
No... but they have Power Armor...

and you guys missed the fact I was talking about Xavier's Character Naestra...

Xhalax
26-07-2005, 18:28
I know you were...I was merely stating that it's not just Space Marines what can and do use two Bolters.

As to Xavier's character....*shrugs*
Lots of people go a touch on the extreme side with their characters. But ultimately its all down to Diddumz since he's running the show.

EmperorsChamp01
26-07-2005, 18:58
Dartmot how could your guy have a bionic arm from the 13th crusade if this RPG is set in the years before it?

Commander X
26-07-2005, 20:50
I don't see any physical problem with firing two Bolt Pistols, you just need to be Ambidextrous to even have a chance of hitting anything when doing so.:p

Acolyte Aron Mercer

Name: Aron Mercer
Rank/Position: Inquisitorial Acolyte
Equipment:
Storm Shield - Well, I'm supposed to protect persons right?
Power Sword - Use looks obvious to me
Needle Pistol - non lethal toxins, used for weakening enemies before they're in HtH.
Flak Armour - light armour to not hinder his movement too much.
Skills: True Grit, Nerves of Steel, Deflect Shot

Appearance: 6'8(following the tall person trend), muscular built and tough as an Ogryn(not litterally) He is shaven bold, and his body is covered with small scars and scratches. The skin is quit dark, and he has brown eyes to match.

Background: At the age of 19, Aron has been 'required' by an Inquisitor to catch bullets for him, and proved to be good at doing so without getting killed. He gradually earned himself more equipment and training to compliment his natural talent for fighting, protecting the same Inquisitor succesfully all the time.

After the Inquisitor retired, Aron was allowed to keep his equipment, but remained unemployed to this day.

Darmort
26-07-2005, 21:17
Dartmot how could your guy have a bionic arm from the 13th crusade if this RPG is set in the years before it?

Why can NO-ONE spell my name properly? NO-ONE has without carefully looking at it first. It's so infuriating! :mad:

Anyway, due to my depression my sence's have been somewhat dulled, so it's not my fault as reading it after the 13th Crusade.
*shakes head*
I need to find out how to get rid of my depression and get back up to normal speed.

Xavier
26-07-2005, 22:31
Xavier really man.... that's a messed up character it's 6'11 chick (don't know about you never seen one) and somebody had to take katanas... why does everyone feel the need to have a katana!?! Do you realize your running around with 3 4-foot long swords...

But no you also have 2 bolt pistols, which you can't logically fire both at the same time because of the recoil of a 75. Calibur Pistols...

Simple mistake, meant 5'11.. hence why I was laughing at the 7'3 one.. ;)

also, would you please shut up, I am well aware of what a katana is, I have studied japanese history etc, and going by Inquisitor there is no encumberance for a character to fire a bolt pistol (I know its not that great a system) But whatever, stop picking flaws in my character, If diddy see's a problem im sure he will let me know

I based my characters fighting style on the Samauri's twin sword one, (2 Katana's one held reversed for parrying other held straight for attacking.)

Wiseman
26-07-2005, 23:57
slaz when you read this, PM me your character dont post it up,

everyone stop nitpicking in this thread

Xavier
27-07-2005, 01:21
*throws nits at diddy*

Kensai X
27-07-2005, 02:05
Meh wasn't being nitpicky it's just kinda odd how people, can ruin an Rpg by going all super hero all over the place like jumping backwards firing two bolt pistols getting three headshots with two bullets and leaping 12 feet in the air to decapitate someone with a spinkick whirlygig.

Also the Daisho (Dai meaning large or big and Sho meaning little or small) the two sword fighting style of a Samurai. The pair could be a tachi and tanto, tachi and uchikatana, katana and tanto or katana and wakizashi. It's not physically possible to fight effectivly with two 4 foot long swords (let alone the three you have). If your looking for two swords of the same length to use in a stabbing and thrusting manner that would be something called Kodachi those are twin swords ment for fighting with each other.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being nitpicky I just hate it when someone butchers someone else's culture.

End of rant about Super Samurai Fanboys...

Wiseman
27-07-2005, 02:52
dont worry if anyone intends on going superhero they will be brought down to earth, probably with a bolt round between the eyes;)

Xhalax
27-07-2005, 03:13
Well you're not paying Valeria enough to be a superhero. So no problems there!

Commander X
27-07-2005, 07:47
Xhalax is right, if we're being called in to defend a planet we probably don't get much money. Atleast not enough to become heroes(That would be three scales up on our wages :D )

@Darmort<-Look, I spelled it right without looking :p

Wiseman
27-07-2005, 12:15
does it matter how much you get paid? im an inquisitor, i can do what i want, if i say you have to pay me to go on this mission then you will, anyway your gonna die, whats the point in paying, i mean um ahh, yeh ill pay you double *whistles inconspicuosly*

Commander X
27-07-2005, 12:30
Make that triple and Aron will forget what you said about the dying part, otherwise he might 'forget' to catch some bullets going your way:evilgrin:.

Wiseman
27-07-2005, 12:56
triple, done, im not good at maths though.

3x0=?:D:P

Commander X
27-07-2005, 13:02
*Grumbles something about annoying Inquisitors*

You know what, Xhalax gets to do the negotiating, I have to admit she's way better than me in that. Prepare for a big assault on you Iquisitorial wallet by her:p;)

Xhalax
27-07-2005, 14:44
Valeria is here for the sport of the hunt. Nothing more.

Commander X
27-07-2005, 15:05
*Mutters something about Xhalax's uselessness*

Then I'll solve it myself, one way or another you are going to pay me and pay me a lot!:mad:

*Wanders of while calling an overpriced lawyer.*

:p

Xavier
27-07-2005, 17:10
Fine mr nit picky..

*edits*

happy

Kensai X
27-07-2005, 20:43
Well technically there is no such thing as an automatic shotgun and you still have a four foot long sword in your boot, but otherwise it's just peachy... :p

Meh I work at an Arms and Armory Museum, I have to know this stuff...

Xavier
27-07-2005, 23:13
Read the inquisitor rule book recently?

They have an auto combat shotgun, working in a museum doesnt make you qualified to guess at weapons advances over 38,000 years in the future..

Kensai X
27-07-2005, 23:51
That's a semi-automatic shotgun in the Inquisitor rulebook.... Look

If a gun can go "Automatic" when you hold down the trigger bullets will continue coming out until you run out of ammo or overheat. A shotgun can't feasibly fire like this because it'd be impossible to control the recoil's kick on fully autoamatic. Although, we've managed to invent semi-automatic shotguns (semi-automatic mean every time you pull trigger it fires until overheat or ammunition shortage) those are feasible sense the recoil is now under control and it's possible to use some sembelance of aiming.

FYI I don't play Inquisitor, (don't even own the book) but I doubt that GW would place stupid concept guns into one of their games so I'm sure if you looked up the rules for this shotgun it would manage semi-auto at best and could not go fully-auto as implied by it's name...

I'm not trying to cause problems or jack this thread it's just I hate when people spread false truths.

Sorry about this ridiculous argument Diddimz.

Also Xavier I was clearly joking in the last post so their is no need to continue this argument.

Exile
28-07-2005, 00:56
wow...uhm, are you guys taking characters still? i was thinking of a guardsman character, but it seems he would be pretty useless with what all you guys are bringing to the table...(7' people, auto shotguns, all that good stuff...lol) how about another stormie, or maybe a hardened veteran? let me know and ill come up with some stats

or...a space marine scout? (techinically there not space marines yet as they dont have the black carapice, or power armor)

Harlequin'sDance
28-07-2005, 00:59
Here's my character:

Name – Laem Gidion
Sex - Male
Age - 13
Class - Squire
Rank – N/A

Equipment;
Liber Bellum (In Nomine-pattern Chainsword)
Haephestion-pattern Lasgun
-3 Lasgun Clips
Conical steel skullcap

Appearance – In stark contrast to his master, Gidion is dirty, short, and shaven of head. Though he may not look it in his loose fitting unwashed robes and ill-fitting helmet, he is a capable fighter.

History – Up until just recently, Laem was poor, orphaned street urchin who survived via a healthy dose of intelligence and the inattentiveness of others. However, when his hovel was attacked by Dark Eldar on his home planet of Liveri, a confused Sir Alonso Santos stumbled upon the young man and proclaimed Laem his squire before killing the raiders. The boy didn’t really understand what the man in the shining was rambling about, but he did understand that the man looked wealthy and wanted him to come with him. Ever since then, Laem has been learning the ways of war alongside his new master.

And here's my NPC (I assume that you meant NPC's are allowed in your original post):

Name – Alonso Santos
Sex - Male
Age - 42
Class - Crusader
Rank – Castellan of the Rust Keep and Don of Lorioso

Equipment;
Manupretium Traitoris (Power bastard sword of unique artifice)
Phalanx-pattern suppression shield
Full suit of reflective carapace armour
Closed Helmet

Appearance – Maned by golden locks, Santos’s face was perfection given form in his younger days, and now has not been defiled by the ravages of time. If anything, the father of sands has made him even more handsome and given him an aura of distinguishment to complement his face. He is just tall enough to look down upon his inferiors, but not so tall as to appear awkward among other men, and his body is slim and willowy from years of fighting; though those years leave him strangely unblemished in terms of scar tissue. He is very rarely seen not encased in his set armour.

History – A lower lord from the hills of Azza’ucara, Santos had participated in nearly every military battle on the continent, when Inquisitor Yuseff Trask paid a visit to his planet on the advice of one of his augurs. As court was held for the shadowy figure, many of the nobles of the planet were staged a revolt against their king and attempted to kill Trask as well. Santos led the remaining loyalists in defense of king and inquisitor at the king’s court and managed to stave off the traitors, but after a few years of war, the Inquisitor was forced to leave. At the request of Trask, Santos came with him as bodyguard on the condition that the inquisitor send Imperial forces to the planet to liberate it. Unfortunately, the inquisitor disappeared without a trace after a few missions, and his retinue dissolved.

A cardinal of the ecclesiarchy to Santos in as a bodyguard and leader of his personal troops for a time, but an attack from reavers out of the maelstrom put an end to that. The planet was ravaged, but this time saved as another inquisitor came down and led the armies of the Emperor against the traitors. Unfortunately, a giant space marine fractured his skull. Though it healed with the aid of a metal plate, much of Santos’s abilities as a tactician and, to an extent, as a person were lost. He can at times act infantile, and suffers delusions at others, but will always obey a superior, if not always in the way that that superior expects. Luckily, he recently adopted a young squire by the name of Laem Gidion who attends to his needs. He often speaks of how lovely his planet is, and how he will eventually find it again, but unfortunately Inquisitor Trask sent cyclonic torpedoes instead of troops, making Santos’s return impossible.

Oh and @Kensai X:Yup, the automatic combat shotgun from Inquisitor is a semi-automatic as far as rules are concerned.

Wiseman
28-07-2005, 04:54
looks good harlequins dance, exile, a scout is still a marine, something else please:)

Kensai, in the inquisitor rule book it is an automatic combat shotgun, in 38,000 years im sure they could invent something to minimise recoil on a gun, when you consider a bolter would fires a much larger projectile and still has minimal recoil, it says that it is semi automatic because if it was considered full automatic it would have disadvantages added to it, that it shouldnt have, the fact it fires 5 rounds an action point is alot, seeing as that is in about 2 seconds.

Xavier
28-07-2005, 12:37
"Automatic Combat Shotgun" Basic single/semi (2/5) - 2D6+2 20 3 40

Now would you please stop being such a picky little brat it is getting seriously annoying.

It is called automatic, hence I listed it as automatic, I have not said, "I will be firing it automatic unleashing a million shots a second ahahaha uber powered gun."

I am not spreading false truths I made a character in a few minuites and didnt think to go search for small things that some ***** would pick up on and carry way out or proportion.

Want me to change it to the most basic of what the things are, 2 sword, a shot gun, 2 pistols? better? to your satisfaction?

Slazton
28-07-2005, 13:44
I got to PM my character? Damn, well thats okay i guess. :(

Alas, I feel as if I need to shoot somebody while reading this thread.

Look Kensai, Xavier is a good lass and he does not power game, trust me on this. So if he has a full weapon load out like that, then well, he does. Also the Automatic combat shotgun is in the Inquisitor rulebook as one of my bounty hunter's carries it.

As for my character, the PM is being sent now ;). Also just to give a litte bit away about my character: I've been to this planet before and now the Inquisitor has summoned me to return to it, to be your guide ;)

Exile
28-07-2005, 15:34
Name: Kyle Varrant
Sex: male
Rank: Veteran Sargeant, 107th Avellorn Rifles, seconded to the Ordo Xenos

Apperance: about 6'4", 217lbs. , with buzzcut black hair, has an ugly scar running from the outside corner of his left eye, to the left side of his chin.

Equipment:
1 combat shotgun(Semi) clips 5x solid slug ,4x Buckshot,1 clip of flare shells?
1 chain sword
3 frag grenades
1 hell pistol
1 boot knife
carapice armor

Background: Varrant was conscripted at age 17, and was put in charge of his cadet platoon in training. since then, he has risen in the ranks, partly due to his leadership abilities, and unswerving faith in the emporor, but also because of his dumb luck on the battlefield.

Does this sound ok?

Xavier
28-07-2005, 21:13
Xavier is a good lass

Your getting covered in silly string at gamesday

Slazton
28-07-2005, 21:42
Your getting covered in silly string at gamesday

lies and deciet! Meh, I'll just get you covered in 'whipp cream' at GamesDay ;) :eek:

Xavier
28-07-2005, 21:44
Will you lick it off afterwards?

Slazton
28-07-2005, 21:45
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................if you'll let me.

Now lets stop or a passing mod might Waste this :cries:

Xavier
28-07-2005, 21:46
But it is the roleplaying section ;)

*stops before taking that to far*

Kensai X
28-07-2005, 23:57
I'm sorry to seem to cause problems, but I'm sick of getting halfway through rpgs and some idiot dons his cape and goes superman all over the place and ruins the whole thing. Here's some dialogue I've had to deal with.

GM:Ok you've been ambushed by 5 Chaos Space Marines...
Idiot: Ok I whip out my dual mastercrafted plasma and blast them XD!!!
GM: You don't have plasma pistols...
Idiot:OH... THEN I'LL JUST HAVE TO THROW A VORTEX GRENADE AT THEM!!!!!
GM: You don't have one, it's not neccasary to speak in all caps, and one punciation mark all you need.
Me: BTW where do you keep all this stuff?
Idiot: I have DEEP pockets lolz 1111 XD
Me: I shouldn't have asked...
Idiot: Ok then I'll whip out my dual kitanas and go and slice and dice three of them.
GM: You can't "slice and dice" Space Marines, they're a bit tougher than that.
Idiot: Well Duh! I know that that's why I use kitana's they're Japanese and EVERYBODY knows Japanese stuff is teh Ownage!!!
Me: Just because the Japanese can build a better toaster does not mean they're swords are "teh ownage."
Idiot: Yeah, but Japanese stuff can cut through anyhthing, I saw it on a commmercial. They said it could cut through steel and um... still through um...
Me: Let me guess... "It can still cut through a tomatoe..."
Idiot: Yeah, how did you know? You must be ESPerish or something like that... Like my character! XD
Me: I thought your character was a Pariah...
Idiot: Oh yeah... he's both XD
Me: Right of coure he is...
GM: Ok Idiot your character has just been rended asunder by the Space Marines.
Idiot: No way I totally block them using my Storm Shield.
GM: WTF when did you get a Storm Shield!?!
Idiot: Oh I got it from my utility belt.

At this point I just leave...

So in order to prevent something similar thing happening I tried to use constructive critisism to prevent Xavier's Character from getting out of hand because this is what I saw...

A character who's 6'11, immune to physic attacks, Has got a fully automatic shotgun with homing bullets, 2 bolt pistols, three 4-foot longs swords, bolas, electric handcuffs, and a force field...

That character had in my eyes to much potential to become "Uber super duper Double Dutch Assasin of Death, Doom, and associated materials..."

I'm sorry if I offended you at any point and I hope you don't hold a grudge.

As far questioning my knowledge of weapons as a few have, I admit I don't know everything, but if your paycheck was affected by knowledge in one area of history you can bet that I know as much as I possibly can.

Xavier
29-07-2005, 00:07
So in order to prevent something similar thing happening I tried to use constructive critisism to prevent Xavier's Character from getting out of hand because this is what I saw...

A character who's 6'11, immune to physic attacks, Has got a fully automatic shotgun with homing bullets, 2 bolt pistols, three 4-foot longs swords, bolas, electric handcuffs, and a force field...

That character had in my eyes to much potential to become "Uber super duper Double Dutch Assasin of Death, Doom, and associated materials..."

6'11 was a mistake, I was thinking of 6'0 then decided on an inch shorter for a joke between myself and xhalax, and forgot to change the 6.

immune to physic attacks - explain?

Standard arbite shotgun, using the rules from the inquisitor article about them,

Also, Its not exactly hard to carry, 2 side arms in holsters, a shoulder slung weapon, a knife in your shoe and 2 swords, Yes, it is alot, but that comes with the territory, Its not unrealistic to carry 2 scabards, 2 holsters and a back holster

Side arm and back up side arm, which could be dual weilded

Two of which were meant as a two weapon fighting style, the third I got the name wrong, working from memory and thought the devils claw was the middle one, oops, sue me.

Bolas, 'Elerctric Hand Cuffs' - um.. bounty hunter.. enough said, no? 38,000 years into the future Ill give rope a pass.

Force field - the least powerful one, that is only their as it is the standard equipment of the bounty hunter from Inquisitor, since diddy didnt have a problem I assumed it was ok.

Go count how many rpgs ive been in both on warseer and portent, then add vampire, inquisitor, warhammer role play etc. I know how to rpg, granted better in real time than in text, but still.

and really, clear up that immune to physical, Im curious about how you get to that.

If it will make you happy I will back out of this rpg and leave you to your fun, although im willing to bet if I leave a few others would too, if all that they see is going to happen will be you arguing over every little thing they do.

Ah, and the pariah thing, that was me fulfilling one of diddy's options, that I got the impression he wanted, of course if anyone else wants to be the pariah, help yourself, I'd much rather have a more diverse character to one with a personailty disorder who doesn't have access to a 'sixth sense' nor any form of war presence.

Wiseman
29-07-2005, 00:08
well thats the end of the sword debate, now back to constructive posts, more people are still welcome to join as well

Harlequin'sDance
29-07-2005, 00:22
Well to be honest, I might have taken issue to your armament as well if I hadn't seen you around in other RPG's as well. I think that without prior experience with playing with you, its not too much of a leap to look at that profile and think power gamer. That said, I don't really have any problem with it because I know you won't abuse it, but if you were someone like tanith ghost I probably wouldn't even have signed up upon seeing that.

No offense intended to anyone, just trying to put things into perspective a little bit.

Wiseman
29-07-2005, 00:24
So far we have the following people joined more are welcome,
Diddimz- Inquisitor Tinamou
Slaz - (its a secret:D)
Kensai X- Vorian Riker
Grey Knight -Magos Dimitri Lerek
Xhalax- Valeria Pactra aka 'The Valkyrie'
Commander X- Acoolyte Aron Mercer
Xavier - Naestra
Emperorschamp-Victor Keckov
Damort-Nick Tander
HarlequinsDance- Laem Gidion
NPC -Alonso Santos
Exile- Kyle Varrant

ill try to get the incharacter thread up soonish. Dont worry about leaving Xavier, i know ya dont go Uber, and if anyone does look at going powergaming they WILL be removed instantly

Harlequin'sDance
29-07-2005, 00:40
I don't know about that bo, its setting off my power gamer sense again, perhaps you could downgrade to a spoon?

Xavier
29-07-2005, 00:41
Fine.. but a spoon? can I have a spork?

Harlequin'sDance
29-07-2005, 00:42
So long as promise to use it with a scooping motion rather than a stabbing one. Stabbing motions are far too unbalanced for me to cope with.

Xavier
29-07-2005, 00:44
Can I eat soup with it? Nah, thats a bit over powered.. I know, a plank with a nail in it

Harlequin'sDance
29-07-2005, 00:46
It depends entirely on the contents, temperature, amount, and colour of said soup. And only out of a tupperware container on alternate mondays.

Xavier
29-07-2005, 00:47
Tomato (sliced with a japanese sword) ice cold, a trickle, red

anyway, enough of that before poor diddy crys, ill go back to my very power gamer esk, stick.

Kensai X
29-07-2005, 00:49
I actually stopped posting in Daemonworld because it really wasn't fluent for my tastes, I like Rpgs that read like a book and if it went that many pages in the same setting around the same fire with endless talking that didn't involve me with absolutly no action in sight. I gradually started to stop checking on who was talking about what and just stopped even caring after a certain point. Although I will say it was a really interesting concept.

Personally of all the Rp I've played in why'll at Portent/Warseer I've always like Captain Marius's the best his always have a nice flow and an interesting plotline, plus him and I pmed each other for awhile to create a real interesting plot twist concering my character.

Not to say to compare Diddimz of course as I've never Rped under you before so I can't say what's to be expected.

Also Xavier I only ever suggested you to tone down your character not to neuter it.

Exile
29-07-2005, 00:50
lol wow, sounds like you have this spork wielding power gamer thing all planned out, lol. nah just kidding, i think it would be cool to see someone fight in the 41st millenium with a spork, lol im behind you 100%. :)

Xavier
29-07-2005, 00:51
Ah, ok, well who's to say this rpg wont go really fast all around talking (building background and depth) before any action. Considering it is mostly the same people from DW.

I didnt neuter it, I toned it down, I have a stick, woo.. wait a sec, 5'11 is a bit tall for a "woman", that better?

Slazton
29-07-2005, 00:58
Hmm wow. I'm offended and I just walked into this :mad:

First of, lets put it this way Kensai: My RPGs have a tendecy to take a whole life of their own and the characters in the RPG make the world. Daemonworld is a whole new world that needed to have life breathed into it. If you weren't interested in it, then bye-bye before you get in the door.

Second, I tend to keep a steady pace, but I also wait for people as by waiting you don't lose anyone. Now I know thats a problem as it leads to post-whoring by a few culprits, but alas, I am glad they do as it creates background and a whole new realm for them.

Third, I am online almost every night as I am at University and well, when not getting drunk, laid, high, or something that means I am not at the computer, guess what?

Fourth, I reckon you are being unfair towards Xavier.

I wonder what you would have done if you have seen Adam Jenkins, my pet alpha psyker, or my character for this RPG.

Now I reckon we all stop and call this to an end as its childish and I feel brain cells dying typing this damn rant!

Kensai X
29-07-2005, 01:19
If you must know the premise of an Alpha Plus Psyker in a group I though was a bit ridiculous, but fortunatly you merely attached the title of Alpha Plus without role playing it. Your psyker sounded like weakling compared other's like Ravenor and he wasn't even close to being alpha plus pyker. Whoopty do he could get buff and whip out a force sword and compete with Xavier in poinless duels while the other Rpers were stuck killing nameless grunts.

Xavier
29-07-2005, 01:20
Er, I dueled with a what now?

Kensai X
29-07-2005, 01:24
Xavier was the name of the Daemon who's going to put the fate of the Imperium in Jeopardy, but fortunatly the Inquisitor's band of unlikley, witty warriors will rend him asunder....

Yeah if that's not plot cliche I don't know what is...

Slazton
29-07-2005, 01:27
It was Xander and he was an Alpha as well. As to Jenkins being a wuss, you got no idea or did not understand my posts. PLus I kept him low key as I was not power gaming. Hmm, maybe you are the power gamer not us if you can not understand that concept ;)

Harlequin'sDance
29-07-2005, 01:33
Well, if you'll allow a meet to channel he-whose-feet-are-eternally-toasty for a moment, if a character is so powerful that he eclipses everyone else in terms raw to the power that you have to underpower him, does he really belong in an RPG? It seems to me that someone who has the potential to nuke a titan with his mind should either be played as such or downgraded to the calibre of regular psyker if that becomes impossible.

Though none of this us from personal experience as I haven't the slightest clue as to what any of you are rambling about, so don't take it too seriously.

Kensai X
29-07-2005, 01:34
That's the point why say your an Alpha Psyker if your not gonna rp it, that's why Rpg's shouldn't involve alpha plus psykers it won't turn out properly. Your character was possesed by a daemon thus making him Alpha Plus? That doesn't work it takes years of practice and training and if you had thrown of possesion you'd be apart of the Illuminati not a bloodsucker.

Why are you two being so overly critical now, all I was doing was trying to prevent powergaming and that happened I said my sorries and now you won't shutup and drop it and continue to jack diddimz thread. So if you'd be mature and simply shut up.

END OF USELESS RANTS

Xavier
29-07-2005, 01:34
Enough.. before this gets wasted, if all this is going to do is spiral out of control then what is the point, its over someone having such a problem with character selection they bitch and moan rather than pming the person and saying what they feel is wrong. Whatever, enough is enough, end it now.

Infact, fine, whatever, I wash my hands of this rpg, not an offence to diddy, im sure this would have been cool but in my view it has been over shadowed by this, good luck

Kensai X
29-07-2005, 01:43
And thus I'm blasted with a guilt trip as if I'm to care, the ability to take constructive critisism is a useful one and just because you overreact to it doesn't mean you can't at least try learn from it. This is my last post regarding characters, plotlines of other rps and anything else not involving this rp. There is obviously no point in trying to defend my integrity from a horde ravenous idiots.

I say I'm sorry once again to Diddimz as I never intened to have dragged out argument with anyone.

As they say never argue with an idiot they'll drag you down and beat you with experience.

I'm sorry that you lost a "valuable" player and I hope this will manage to be a successful Rpg yet.

Xavier
29-07-2005, 01:48
Was not meant to guilt trip you, see it more as 'I cant take the critisim and you have hurt my feeling so now im away in a sulk'

Kensai X
29-07-2005, 01:51
Well I can only hope you suck it up and play the Rpg. lol

But seriously if you'd come I'd feel better about myself and have the reassuarnce that I didn't drive somebody off.

Plus Leprechaun Midjet Ninja's are always welcome in my opinion.

Wiseman
29-07-2005, 01:51
should i point out that i said to drop the argument a page before?? i knew that it would result with someone dropping out, xavier feel free to stay, lets just put that little incident behind us all now, because the IC thread is up, anymore arguing about characters wont be looked on kindly from now on, if theres a problem ill deal with it. OK?

EmperorsChamp01
29-07-2005, 04:34
Everyone my character has a thick russian accent allright. I just wanted to let you all know that ok.

marineowar
29-07-2005, 09:15
Hey diddimz is it too late to join up? If it's still open, what type of characters are you still after?
marineowar

p.s. I promise not to powergame ;)

Shinobi
29-07-2005, 14:38
Yes, I'm kinda interested in this. If possible I'd like to be a merc...in fact it's merc or nothing!

Thankies

EmperorsChamp01
29-07-2005, 14:40
Man that Shinobi is a very demanding Person. If I where him i would take a different tone if he wanted to git in.

Shinobi
29-07-2005, 14:47
Heh, I'm just saying that the only character I wanna be is a a merc.

EmperorsChamp01
29-07-2005, 22:26
Yea i know but we already have the max on Merc. Of you dont want to be anything else then we have no room for ya i think. May the boss with say otherwise

Harlequin'sDance
30-07-2005, 03:04
@ Commander X: Excuse the slight character highjack, I can edit if you'd like.

@ Slazton: I sorta-kinda-almost-nearly implied that the less-than-completely sane crusader saw you if you caught that. If that goes against your character's shadowyness, let me know and I'll edit.

Kensai X
30-07-2005, 03:24
No offense I have absolutly no idea what Slazton's character is wheter he's a daemonhost, xenos, invisible, or a kid quietly masterbating in the corner that people choose to ignore I don't know...

So in the fluff I've written for my character I implied that he's been working for the Inquisitor for several years, so Slazton unless your character is a recent addition to the Inquisitor's warband that Vorian doesn't know about, it it possible for me to be pmed so as to keep the secreacy and not be caught in the dark?

Slazton
30-07-2005, 03:30
My character is top secret at the moment until D wishes to reveals me. I know about your background and I am something of what you would call a 'skeleton in a closet.'

As to what I am, you may only guess and if attempt to find it, you will be disappointed ;)

Harlequin'sDance
30-07-2005, 04:02
@Emperor's Champ: 2 things.
1. We're both wearing carapace, so stomach blows aren't going to be too effective, plus my character's armour is more or less all encompassing (I was thinking knight when I created him, so full plate more or less), so it'd be hard to grab his throat.
2. Its generally polite to allow a player some say in what there character does in a situation between to PC's rather than hijacking them instead. I'd appreciate it if you pm me next time you would like to fight.

Shinobi
30-07-2005, 07:35
Actually never mind, I'm in the Peak District all this week so I won't be able to post anyway.

Ciao.

EmperorsChamp01
30-07-2005, 17:28
Sorry about that but my char is a very zelous person and its not like any of use got seriously injuried. But ill keep that in mind next time ok.

Xavier
30-07-2005, 17:39
Its still considered polite to ask, rather than use someone else's character to make yourself look good. Who's to say he wouldn't have let you, but still sometimes seeing your character doing random things they in your mind would never do is annoying sometimes and screws with how you want other character to percieve you

EmperorsChamp01
30-07-2005, 17:42
Yea Im really sorry about that. Illl ask next time allright.

Harlequin'sDance
30-07-2005, 23:50
Its all good. It just makes sure everyone's happy and mistakes involving details between characters don't happen.

Wiseman
31-07-2005, 13:45
marineofwar thats fine, as long as you stick to the guidelines set out at the start feel free.

marineowar
31-07-2005, 14:10
OK. I'll be an Inquisitorial Storm Trooper vet sarge with Rosarius, power weapon, artificer armour and an honourifica Imperialis :p

hehehe kidding, I wouldn't do that to you. I'll post up Sergeant Hughston tomorrow. Is very late and I have to get up early in the morning. :(

EmperorsChamp01
31-07-2005, 14:38
Marineowar Have it where your following me down the hallway alright.

Wiseman
31-07-2005, 14:53
ill work marineofwar into this, just waiting til his character is up

marineowar
01-08-2005, 09:55
Bruce Hughston
Sex: Male

Equipment: twin hell pistols with 2 spare power packs each, Power Sword, 5 frag grenades, 2 krak grenades.

Appearance: short (5'8") but solid. Wears matt black carapace armour over dark red combat fatigues (sp?). His 2 hell pistols are worn in cross draw holsters and his sword is scabbarded on his left hip. Has a nasty scar running across his face.

Background: When Bruce was 16 he sent a message to an Inquisitor, who was investigating a supposed chaos cult on his planet, telling him the tie and location of the next meeting. The Inquisitor didn't show up before the cultist planned to leave so young Bruce blocked all the doors and windows to keep the heretics there until justice could be delivered. When the Inquisitor finally arrived he burned the hall to the ground and none escaped. Impressed by Bruce's dedication to the Emperor he took him along when he left and sent him to be trained as a storm trooper for the Inquisition. His planning and leadership abilities quickly saw him rise through the ranks to assume command of a squad of the best Storm Troopers in the Inquisition.
Although he has never served with Tinamou before now, Bruce has heard that he is an excellent Inquisitor and his loyalty to the Emperor is as strong as Bruce's. (I hope ;) )

Sorry this took so long, I got it finished and ready to post then my Internet connection just died :mad: So it's a bit different to what I originally planned but hey he should be fun.

Wiseman
01-08-2005, 12:41
looks very nice

Wiseman
02-08-2005, 13:05
just add him in as one of the members of the party who received the message, its being delivered by servitors as well, your still on the ship for now, ill progress it further tomorrow

marineowar
02-08-2005, 13:12
just add him in as one of the members of the party who received the message, its being delivered by servitors as well, your still on the ship for now, ill progress it further tomorrow

I'm assuming this is for me. Should I also assume that Bruce was at the briefing or was he doing something elsewhere on the ship? Perhaps seeing to his squad before he joined your retinue or something?

Wiseman
02-08-2005, 13:14
he was in the briefing, hiding in the corner;) oh and everyone add me to msn if ya can, diddimz@hotmail.com

Shuya
07-08-2005, 16:22
I was told to post here to join infestation. soooo

Name: Ralf Shamus

Sex: Male

Appearance: Standing the Height of a child, Shamus is average size for a Ratling and maintains a stout belly like most his kind, Also Shamus adorns himself in many charms and nick-knacks on his person. He bears the face of a well fed Ratling, and has no scars from battle (Because he likes to hide from bullets instead of facing them). With a scruffy jacket stolen from a high ranking officer over his Flak., Shamus likes to make stories about the acquisition of the many stolen medals on his jacket” He wears dark trousers and Big boot,. Shamus has deep brown hair covered buy a modified helmet taken from a trooper.

Personality: Shamus prides himself in two things, his aim and his culinary skills. It’s a shame because he lacks the nerves to use his shooting skills and he lacks the spices to use his culinary skills. When it comes to the fire fights, Shamus will most likely be stealing stuff from, well from everyone and anyone. But he has been known to appear in battle, savaging of corpses and digging tunnels to escape. Shamus though fragile, has a very talkative nature witch gets him out of trouble a lot. His pride and joy was a purity seal he stole from a space marine. After trying to steal it while the space marine was in battle he was met buy a swift scowl. So Shamus sat there for many hours waiting for the space marine to catch a fatal bullet. He actually killed someone that battle instead of hiding. Shame it was the Marine when no one was looking. Shamus spent a long time alone, so he is very antisocial at times, prone to insane ramblings, Paranoid delusions and emotional outbursts.

Equipment: Shamus is a plain old Ratling hired buy the Imperium, so he has not got much in the way of equipment. His trusty sniper rifle Adorned in that purity seal. He named it lucky to improve its aim. It has so he says. Not many people who meet him live to argue that fact; he wears a flack jacket and has two bayonets strapped to his belt as well as a grenade he will never use. All scavenged from his former regiment.

Background: Not a lot is known about Shamus. Apart from he was part of an Imperial Guard regiment witch has since been erased from the imperial records. He is the last one left. When the Guard regiment was stationed on a planet that’s been erased from the records, the regiment conducted a mysterious illness. And during an attack from an unknown source only a few escaped alive. On the ship the only ones alive were the Ratlings. And naturally they were blamed for the illness. The Ratlings did the only thing they knew what to do. They hid and waited for the ill men to die. When Shamus awoke from his slumber in a locker The Other Ratlings had been evacuated. So Shamus was left alone Drifting through space for an uncountable amount of time, His only company corpses, Spending his day’s neck deep in rations.

Xavier
07-08-2005, 17:01
Ill maybe sign back up too, since ive dropped out of traitor, if thats ok diddy. I promise I wont try and power game :)

Brother Smith
07-08-2005, 17:06
Has the RPG started yet? If it hasn't mind if I join? Rust In Peace seems very dead to me, which is a shame but that's life. I was going to start an RPG along these lines but now I know there already is one!

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 17:10
I might join in, we will see how much work the demon world rpg is.

Wiseman
08-08-2005, 02:43
yeh its fine for all of you, just post your characters whenever

Wiseman
18-08-2005, 01:41
recruitments are open again

marineowar
18-08-2005, 09:22
Hey diddimz, sorry to do this but I gotta leave your RPG. School is picking up and I don't have time to devote to gaming at the moment. Hopefully when school finishes I'll be able to join whatever story you have running. If someone wants to take over Bruce then treat him right. If noone wants him then kill him off but please don't just let him get forgotten and fade away. Something heroic, maybe charging group of big nids with lots of grenades strapped to his chest or something.
See ya around
marineowar

Wiseman
18-08-2005, 11:55
he can die from the fall;)

EmperorsChamp01
25-08-2005, 11:35
Well then why did you want me to heal him?

Wiseman
25-08-2005, 12:39
oo// because he is still an imperial servant now isnt he?

EmperorsChamp01
25-08-2005, 12:47
Yea i guess....*rolls eyes.* But if i help everyone then i will be out of supplies.