5 knights of the any one saw a watery bint with a cup? fullcommand [195]
[Questing knights]
5 scum on horse [yeoman warden] 75

rare

junk flinger field trebuchet 90

total points 1995

warhawk95
07-03-2007, 17:48
this list is intersting....most people will say Qk arent worth it in 7th but i think they have their uses. i would give the yeomen a muscian to help them rally when they flee. also drop the bowman to 10, 14 is a wierd number for them.

the charcters are strange, i would change the lord to more durable. right now he cant do much except on the charge, what will he do after the charge?? i would switch him to something like birth sword and grail shield. that is much more duralble and he is not bad in combat. the BSB lacks survivablity. i toll mine in 2 ways eithe SoM with gorimil great helm, or virtue of duty and warbanner. the banner of the lady is ok, i find that it can work but it is rather costy. if it works for you then stick with it i guess.

the rest of the list is fine, although drop the standards and muscians on the knights, the standards are 100 easy VP points on calvary, and muscians are only used if you are fleeing, and if the knights are fleeing you are in alot of trouble. so drop all them and make the knights 9 strong each and with the extras beef up the M@A or get 2 archer reigements.

Bretonnian Lord
08-03-2007, 21:12
lord

King Richard the lion heart [252]
Lance of Artois Lance, Killing Blow on the charge [25]
Virtue of the Joust [25]
Gauntlet of the Duel Enemy [10]
warhorse
hero

lord Saladbin bsb [189]
Banner of the Lady [100]
Virtue of Discipline [15]

lady humnicerack [155]
2 Dispel Scroll [50]

troops

8 Knights templer [Knights of the Realm] full command 240

8 Teutonic Knights [Knights of the Realm] full command 240

8 Knights of Santiago [Knights of the Realm] full command 240

14 Welsh bowman with villein [hugh the very smelly] 115

15 English billmen full command yeoman [big rice the mean] 107
14 French billmen just musican and yeaoman [peiere the not so brave] 97

spec

5 knights of the any one saw a watery bint with a cup? fullcommand [195]
[Questing knights]
5 scum on horse [yeoman warden] 75

rare

junk flinger field trebuchet 90

total points 1995

Ok, here is what I would suggest...

Lords:

Not sure what you want him to do. He's equipped to get killing blows on the charge, which is fine, but you also gave him the Gauntlet of the Duel, which will be a waste of points considering that your magic items don't help that much in a challenge (remember you do not count as charging in a challenge, therefore you lose the lance's +2 str and killing blow).

If you want him to be good on the charge, he is fine as he is with the Lance of Artois and Virtue, just drop the Gauntlet. If you want him to be a Duelist Lord, drop the lance and virtue and give him a Dueling combo:

Combo #1
Virtue of Confidence
Gauntlet of the Duel
Armor of Agilulf
Sword of the Lady's Champion
^^^ This is good in a duel against T5 enemy characters or higher. Hits on 3s, wounds on 3s, -3 to armor save (assuming you're fighting a T5 guy) and re-roll failed rolls to hit and wound, plus enemy can't refuse the challenge.

Combo #2
Virtue of Confidence
Questing Vow, The Sword of the Quest
Gromril Great Helm

WS 6, Str 5, no armor saves allowed, and a 2+ re-rollable armor save. Good against enemies T4 or lower, less effective on T5 and up.

Heroes:

Banner of the Lady is quite expensive in a 2,000 point game. I've seen it used effectively before in a 2k game, but I'd recommend dropping it in favor of a different banner. Also, the survivability of the BSB is very low, so give him the Gromril Great Helm (If you're not using Combo #2)

The Damsel looks fine, will provide some good anti magic.

Core:

The knight units look fine, I am assuming that there will be one character in each unit to make nice size 9 KOTR blocks? For some punch on the charge, give the BSB Virtue of Duty and one of the Knight of the Realm standard Bearers the Warbanner, for an auto +2 to combat resolution. Drop the musicians on the Knights (LD 8 will let them rally fairly easily). You don't have to, but consider dropping one Knight of the Realm unit for a Knights Errant unit with the Errantry Banner. Strength 6 and immune to psychology on the charge is pretty good.

Give the Bowmen skirmish, other than that they look good.

The Men-at-Arms might have trouble keeping up with the Knights of the Realm. If you are using them to guard the Trebuchet, I would say drop one of the units and keep one Men-at-Arms unit as guards.

Special:

Questing Knights look good, even though they have less strength in 7th. If you manage to free up points, consider buying Pegasus Knights for their flanking/wizard hunting capabilities.

If possible, upgrade the Mounted Yeomen to a larger unit, but otherwise they look good.

Rare:

Trebuchet is a good choice. You don't have many extra points, but I'd suggest considering Grail Knights. They are uber Knights who (for me at least) always make back their points cost.

chaos_core
09-03-2007, 16:33
thx for advice guys most useful

Mad Larkin UK
16-03-2007, 20:03
Why are you KOTR units 240 points?? 8 Knights of the realm with full command is 216 points unless im very much mistaken.

chaos_core
16-03-2007, 20:34
240 with full command ( oops your right it should be 9 in each unit including champ)

wildkarrde0
17-03-2007, 02:58
One point i have to make while agree the loard could have a better set up if he up for a challenge take gromril great helm (re-roll armour saves) Sword of heroes ( vs toughtness 5 +1 str And D3 wounds ) and virtue of confidence ( re-roll hits and wounds in a challenges) and then gauntlet of the duel and grail viture but the big bit a challenges are work out just like any of fight so chargers still get bonuses like +2 strength for a lance pg 76 BRB

dominic_carrillo
17-03-2007, 07:07
replace the questing knights and trebucket with grail knights.

Baron of Heldaine
17-03-2007, 19:20
I wouldn't include a standard bearer in the Questing Knight unit. It is so small that, unless you are planning to use it as a speed bump, it will likely be used for flanking (in which case the standard won't be useful). Your main knightly units don't really need the musicians. These changes should free up some points to beef up your Men at Arms.

I love QKs, but I don't see why you would use them as opposed the Knights of the Realm, or even Knights Errant. They all make excellent flankers, but KotR and KE are less expensive and have a higher save. QKs are better in prolonged combat (arguably) but if you have charged something with a a lance of KotR and a flank unit of QK and you are in prolonged combat, something has gone wrong.

Cheers.