PDA

View Full Version : My two helms - I can't find a rule why not, but my logic disagrees.

Black-Tooth
07-03-2007, 18:54
Hello people,

I've got a quick question.

There's two peices of gear I want to give my Chaos Lord, but there's a slight problem.

I want to take the Helm of Many Eyes and the Crown of Everlasting Conquest.

Many eyes is an Enchanted item, and the Crown is a Talisman, so it should be alright to take them both - and I can't find anywhere that says I can't take them.

The problem is, they're both head items, more specifically helm items. I could model the crown on the Many Eyes helm, but is it illegal to do this? I can't find a single rule that I can't...

DeathlessDraich
07-03-2007, 19:00
You can have one Enchanted and one Talisman - perfectly legal. They may be described as helms (or are they additions to helms?) but do not count as armour. You could even throw in an Enchanted Shield.

DarthBinky
07-03-2007, 19:01
As long as they aren't the same category of item (they aren't), and they don't have a specific rule saying they can't be combined (they don't), then you should be fine.

Like you said, it could be a helmet with a crown moulded into it. Sounds like a neat idea.

chaos_core
07-03-2007, 19:02
of couse you can historicly peaple wore crowns on top of there helms all the time

gortexgunnerson
07-03-2007, 19:06
You are playing choas, give your lord 2 heads! Problems solved
lol

What do the dice say
[dice0]

ZeroTwentythree
07-03-2007, 20:01
lol

OMG, great solution! I agree, problem solved.

Feor
07-03-2007, 21:33
Would also help explain the stupidity from the Helm of Many Eyes, he keeps getting into arguments with himself. :)

Varilone31
08-03-2007, 01:40
Yeah the heads dont know who to charge one wants to charge the gnoblars and one wants to charge the tyrant...

TheWarSmith
08-03-2007, 04:34
[dice0]

You sir, are a genius.

But even w/out mutation, crowns were worn over helmets all the time. You're fine.

Actually, one head wants to stumble forward in stupidity. The other one wants to regenerate the stupid head that got blown off by a cannonball.

Feor
08-03-2007, 05:05
Well, don't the rules say if a character is in a unit when it goes stupid he's stuck. Either swept along or trying to restore order. I can just see a chaos lord yelling at himself to smarten up and charge the enemy. :p

Crazy Harborc
08-03-2007, 20:10
One head two helmets, changing hats/helmets back and forth:D Labels attached for quick conformation of which head cover does what.

Hello, hello, hello....has anyone seen me magic fingernail clippers??;)

Gekiganger
08-03-2007, 20:33
Either 2 heads or convert a crown-helm combo.

Works fine.

Gorbad Ironclaw
09-03-2007, 06:36
Or just having one of the items as being something else. Remember, the name of the item and the desciption is really just a guideline, it could be anything. Just because it says it's a sword, or a helmet doesn't mean it have to be.

Vattendroppe
09-03-2007, 10:33
Since it's chaos, go with the two heads. IMO that's definetly the neatest suggestion.

Crazy Harborc
10-03-2007, 02:05
Hey, since there are more and more left over plastic bits heads floating around, two heads on one body is possible, very possible.