PDA

View Full Version : Giant 'stuffs into bag' wizard with RIP

DeathlessDraich
07-03-2007, 19:15
The rules state that "the model is effectively a casualty" but survives and is freed if the Giant is slain.
Will the Remains in play previously cast by the wizard still be effective while he is in the giant's bag?

Thanks in advance.
[I have a vague memory of this being discussed previously;) ]

WLBjork
07-03-2007, 19:22
I consider "effectively a casualty" to mean that the model is treated as slain.

All other benefits from models are stopped, and I would consider RIP effects to be stopped as well.

TheWarSmith
07-03-2007, 19:36
The model strictly does not exist anymore, until released from the bag/pants/whatever.

No remains in play, no BSB bonus, no general's ld.

Vladimir Deathblade
07-03-2007, 20:06
And if you think about it,. it would rather break a wizards consentration to be stuck down a giants pants! I mean, they arn't the most hygenic of creatures...

EvC
07-03-2007, 20:40
Especially the Barbie Giant...

WLBjork
07-03-2007, 20:49
Which is no doubt why the "Stuff down trousers" result is fatal - the OP's question is about "Stuff into bag".

explorator
07-03-2007, 22:34
The stuff into bag result would end a RiP spell cast by the wizard.

The model is effectively a casualty and can do nothing whilst in the bag, but if the Giant should be slain any enemy trapped in his bag are freed unharmed at the end of the battle.

So even if a Wizard is stuffed into a Giant's bag on turn one of the game, and is killed on turn two, the Wizard does not play any part in the battle.

SON OF LION
08-03-2007, 00:12
After the giant stuffs in bag, there is only one thing you can do in regards to the character and that is killing the giant. If you manage to do this then you don't lose victory points at the end of the game. However you still can't get any other benefit such as using the character again, bsb, general's ld or even dispel dice.

bluesky322
08-03-2007, 01:29
umm i believe the way that that is stated you get the guy back if the giant is slain because it says unharmed this is at son of lion

but i dont think the rip spells rip

mattjgilbert
08-03-2007, 07:58
I agree the RiP spell is removed along with the caster, fluff-wise and rules-wise. Think of it as turning into Remains-in-Bag instead ;)

scarletsquig
08-03-2007, 08:03
I agree the RiP spell is removed along with the caster, fluff-wise and rules-wise. Think of it as turning into Remains-in-Bag instead

Or even better - "Remains in Pants" :D

mattjgilbert
08-03-2007, 08:05
Recoils-in-pants!

Artemis
08-03-2007, 09:18
You do not get the guy back other than for purposes of victory points. He is out for the remainder of the battle no matter what happens.

DeathlessDraich
08-03-2007, 16:00
Great! Everyone is in agreement. 'Effectively a casualty' when the Giant Stuffs a Wizard in his bag, is good enough to stop RIP.

mattjgilbert
08-03-2007, 16:15
Even if he didn't count as a casualty, the model is removed from the table I thought. The RiP rules include leaving the table as one of the conditions in which a spell will end.