PDA

View Full Version : My First Gang - Delaque

Icarus
07-03-2007, 23:29
Hey guys, me and some friends have decided to have a Necromunda campaign this summer and I've decided to get started on the models now or knowing me I'll never get them painted in time. I chose Delaque based on the coolness factor of the models, and I also quite like the idea of stealthy types sneaking around with lots of guns!

Anyhoo, this is the list I came up with. I would appreciate any insights you could give:

Leader: Boltgun, Autopistol. 170

Heavy: Heavy Stubber, Autogun. 200

Ganger: Shotgun. Man-Stopper Rounds. 75
Ganger: Lasgun. 75
Ganger: Lasgun. 75

Juve: Autopistol. 40

20 Credits left in the stash.

I realise its pretty heavy on the shotguns and pistols, but I quite like the idea as a theme, probably been watching too much Firefly...

Catferret
07-03-2007, 23:39
Spend 15 of those 20 creds on a Ratskin and you got yourself one very nice gang!

Plenty models, good choice of weapons. Sorted! :D

Lord 0
08-03-2007, 18:30
Will you be painting the coats brown and possibly modeling hair on a few?

Maybe painting up the dual-boltpistol scummer as a ganger?

Icarus
08-03-2007, 22:31
Catferret - Thanks, its good to know I'm on the right track. Ratskins intrigue me, in fact I was tempted to do a gang of them but decided against it. My only concern is that he wouldn't fit in with the style of the gang. However there are clear benefits so I will have to mull that one over.

Lord 0 - I will definately be painting the coats brown. I'm assuming you're saying I should make them like the crew of Serenity? Whilst that would be an utterly awesome thing to do, I don't think my converting skills are up to it, esp. as the models are all metal :(

Major_Gilbear
08-03-2007, 22:44
Well, the gentleman who posted this:
Here are some pics of my WIP Delaques that may help you...has some great plastic Delaque conversions... maybe you could make a few of your own to add to the metal ones, and even do a few to represent Serenity/Firefly characters?

Gang composition-wise I pretty much agree with Catferret, though I'd maybe take only 2-3 shotguns and substitute the rest with Autoguns. If you swap two shotguns out like this, you could add a stubgun to one ganger with the creds saved; a crappy gun I know, but you gotta love the look of those six-shooters!

Catferret
08-03-2007, 22:59
Ratskins intrigue me, in fact I was tempted to do a gang of them but decided against it. My only concern is that he wouldn't fit in with the style of the gang.

Convert up a scouty looking guy covered in kit with binoculars and night vision goggles. Just count him as a Ratskin.

Icarus
08-03-2007, 23:13
Convert up a scouty looking guy covered in kit with binoculars and night vision goggles. Just count him as a Ratskin.

I like the way you think...

Lord 0
09-03-2007, 01:04
I was thinking more of having some other squad of brown-coats, but inspired by the firefly series. Perhaps a different unit that got seperated off or something. Perhaps they were on an independent planet when the Imperium turned up or something. I am sure you can think of something :-).

asecondtoolate
09-03-2007, 06:27
I don't really like you list, but I think necromunda should be more narative and your models should have more personel wargear.
all the models in my gang have different guns and stuff, because i wanted them to have a story behind them.
right now it just looks like you're trying to play 40k at a skirmish level.