PDA

View Full Version : Tau Drone turret construction help please.

Lost Ripper
08-03-2007, 15:09
Hey everyone,
I have a slight situation, I am getting a copy of IA3 soon and one of the things I want to start using is the drone turrets, especially since they have a 4+ save for 20 pts :-)

I dont know how to build them, and close to $50 for a model worth almost the same points is hard to stomach.

Pictures:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/sentrytfb.htm

Anyone spent any time scratch building them and mind helping me on this? ?

jasevx
08-03-2007, 15:16
In the original Tau codex, I'm sure they had custom built ones, before FW started making them.

I think its plasticparts.com, if not google them, they make everything for plumbing, building etc, might find what you need there, ask for some 'samples', you maybe lucky, I was!

Lost Ripper
08-03-2007, 15:17
In the original Tau codex, I'm sure they had custom built ones, before FW started making them.

I think its plasticparts.com, if not google them, they make everything for plumbing, building etc, might find what you need there, ask for some 'samples', you maybe lucky, I was!

Dang, I dont have a Tau codex , just the new one, Does anyone have any pics of those older ones?

jasevx
08-03-2007, 15:23
I'm wrong, its not in the Codex, just checked, but I've seen it somewhere, could be scenery book, I'll have a look for you

Lost Ripper
08-03-2007, 15:24
Thanks alot, I tried googling for them, but :-(
Nada.

chaos0xomega
08-03-2007, 23:05
Erm, I dont know what Tau Drone Turret you're talking about, but the one in IA3 says absolutely nothing about a shield generator or 4+ save for 20 points. The Turret n IA3 is a vehicle and costs more like 40(thats not the exact points cost, just trying to avoid copyright issues).... unless you mean heavy gun drones which do have a 4+ save and cost about 20(again, not exact cost).

Anyway, as to how to build them, it depends on how accurate you want them to be, or whether or not you can stomach having a similar looking model with your own personal touch to it.

I would personally buy some of the FW heavy gun drones(just for the top dome, not for the actual model), stick whatever guns you want on it, and then get a piece of small pvc to be the body, and then use plasticard to build the supports that come out of it.

Lost Ripper
09-03-2007, 00:42
Look in the FAQ for it,
It rules, I was like Eh, until I saw it, then :wtf: And :eek:

But I might try that heavy drone thing,

Erm, I dont know what Tau Drone Turret you're talking about, but the one in IA3 says absolutely nothing about a shield generator or 4+ save for 20 points. The Turret n IA3 is a vehicle and costs more like 40(thats not the exact points cost, just trying to avoid copyright issues).... unless you mean heavy gun drones which do have a 4+ save and cost about 20(again, not exact cost).

chaos0xomega
09-03-2007, 23:18
Yeah but thats kind of expensive, 60+ points for it... although I guess the shield gen does make it live a lot longer.