PDA

View Full Version : WIP Word Bearers Hell Talon

fattdex
09-03-2007, 00:45
Here's my tester for the chaos force, I still don't know whether I like the red glowy bits at the side. Maybe i should just go over them in metal. Opinions?

I still need to finish lining in the metal bits, give the metal an ink wash and pick out details. I do like how the cockpit came out though!

Tyra_Nid
09-03-2007, 02:56
Cockpit DOES look great :)

I quite like the 'glowy bits' on the side, although i can see why you are a bit uncertain about them. It gives a bit of a malevolant presence...

Maybe do a dark red or brown wash over the sides?

fattdex
09-03-2007, 03:43
Ooh- good idea. I do give the rest of the model a chestnut ink/dark flesh wash, if it looks any good on the sides it can be incorporated pretty easy in the painting process for the others.

but if that looks pants maybe i'll just do them silver :)

Steam_Giant
09-03-2007, 10:57
I like the "Glowy" bits they certainly make the model stand out, Also the cock pit glass is fantastic. I like that you have chosen an SM chaos chapter for your squadrons aswell. I have been eyeing up an Alpha Legion colour scheme for my chaos force.
How are you going to mark each individual aircraft ?

Steam

fattdex
09-03-2007, 11:08
I just finished it off, i'm going for the now standard stripes on the front right prong :) will get some pics up after i put some dullcote on it. Good advice Tyra_Nid, the wash brought the glowy bits back a bit and they arent annoying on my eye anymore.

fattdex
09-03-2007, 11:37
my matt spray frosts clear plastic. wheeee! will need to drill the hole out again haha

fattdex
09-03-2007, 11:59
Fixed!

lots more to complete now that i know how :P

orangesm
09-03-2007, 12:24
I actually preferred the off white trim to the metal trim. The cockpit is awesome btw and a great contrast.

fattdex
09-03-2007, 12:37
the off white trim was just metal paint photographed in the daylight :) thanks :)