PDA

View Full Version : Explain the Gist of AI to me.....

Carlos
09-03-2007, 17:49
Well, the title says it all. Without quioting rules and suchlike can someone explain to me how AI works and how quick it is to play/paint an airforce etc?

tanker
09-03-2007, 18:23
See the review thread here and also http://www.viewfromtheturret.com for one review.

Basically you maneuver your aircraft using maneuver cards and normal measured movement. Altitude and airspeed are tracked using the special AI bases. It includes air-to-air, air-to-ground, and ground-to-air combat.

You can play with only a couple of aircraft. They are quick to prep and paint depending on how much detail you do when you paint.

Games only take an hour or two. It's easy and fun, yet still challenging.

doghouse
10-03-2007, 12:51
Do ground forces come into play at all?

Spacker
10-03-2007, 12:58
Do ground forces come into play at all?

Yes, both as targets (buildings, vehicles, etc) which are all stationary and are used in scenarios to give VPs to the attacker when they are destroyed, and as defences (such as Manticores, Firestorms, etc) which can be used to shoot down enemy aircraft.

CaptainSenioris
11-03-2007, 20:15
In addition to what has already been said, the game can be really fast paced for instance: me and my friends got so used to the rules that one game took 10 mins only lasting three turns, 2 planes per side.

Kron
11-03-2007, 22:46
Well that's pretty much sold it to me! I think that's encapsulates aircombat the best; short sharp sorties as well as long protracted dogfights. I think I'll only be able to afford small sorties for a while anyway! :rolleyes:

Imber
13-03-2007, 18:49
Be sure though to get a variety of types of craft, or else you'll lose versitility, which is probably more imprtant here than in any othe gw game (imo at least)