PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly causing fear?

Corrupt
10-03-2007, 11:17
Suppose my High Elf Spears (20) charge some dwarf warriors(20) who hold. Then in the magic phase I get off "Shades of Death" making them cause fear. Now If I bet the little bearded ones etc all the nomral rules apply about auto breaks etcetcetc. But when my Elves begin causing fear is a fear test needed to avoid hitting on 6's in the subsequent combat phase?

enyoss
10-03-2007, 11:25
No fear test I'm afraid.

The Fear test is taken when a declared charge is found to be in range. As they didn't cause Fear when they charged, no test is taken.

Cheers,

enyoss

Shimmergloom
10-03-2007, 11:28
The dwarfs are immune to psyche while in combat. So they dont' have to pass a fear test if you start causing fear.

So they won't have to worry about needing 6's to hit you.

If they lose the combat, while you are still causing fear and they are not immune to fear for some reason, then they will need the insane courage roll to not break.

Flame
10-03-2007, 12:29
Things in Combat ARE NOT ItP. They never take fear, terror, panic and stupidity tests whilst in combat, which is an important distinction.

chivalrous
10-03-2007, 13:39
If they lose the combat... then they will need the insane courage roll to not break.

This is only true if the Spearmen outnumber the Dwarfs at the end of the combat.
While it may seem silly for me to mention this (if the High Elves won it's surely because they caused more kills that the dwarfs), if it's a line of dwarfs or a block, or the Elves are carrying a war banner it's entirely possible for the Elves to win, but still not outnumber the Dwarfs.

But otherwise, the fear doesn't have an effect on the combat.

monkeyboyalpha
10-03-2007, 15:41
Suppose my High Elf Spears (20) charge some dwarf warriors(20) who hold. Then in the magic phase I get off "Shades of Death" making them cause fear. Now If I bet the little bearded ones etc all the nomral rules apply about auto breaks etcetcetc. But when my Elves begin causing fear is a fear test needed to avoid hitting on 6's in the subsequent combat phase?

If you cast Shades on the Spears after you have charged and are then in combat with the Dwarf you have missed out on the chance to have the Dwarfs hit on 6s, as that penalty is associated with the charge of FEAR causing units.

Once you are engaged in combat and you place the Spears under Shades, they will be be imposing FEAR from that moment on, so in the unlikely event you kill more Dwarfs then they you, the Dwarfs would be facing the possibility of an auto-break situation from a FEAR causing enemy with a higher US....

MBA