PDA

View Full Version : Goblins only

Brandon
10-03-2007, 12:46
Im having my 1st game on tuesday with the new rules. I have an all goblin only army with the obvious exception to squigs :D 3000 points and Im playing lizardmen who I have never played before. Any adice on how to kill the over grown tadpoles?

Hazhumie
10-03-2007, 14:45
At 3K with gobbos only, what is the army layout? I imagine your army is a "grinder" rather than a "bumper". My advise from loosing for many years against the lizardmen is to have a 360 view at the beginning from your deployment zone and position/watch the terrain carefully. Scouting skinks with poisoned weapons will probably target any war machine crews. With 3K you can probably spread out and remove that option for them.

Gn0b
10-03-2007, 15:24
To help decide what you should do, could you tell us what models you have available to you?
Suggestion wise, GET SOME Magic Resistance!!! Otherwise you will quickly learn how to maneuver 10 Gob large formations.
And having a few shamans would be a good idea.

Brandon
10-03-2007, 16:04
Goblin warboss on a chariot
2 units of 15 wolf riders with bigbosses
20 spiders riders
3 units of 20 archers
3 units of 40 night goblins including everything. 2 lvl 2 shamans and a lvl 4 in either unit
6 squig herders
6 hoppers
2 chariots
2 spear chukkas
2 doom divers

Aelyn
10-03-2007, 18:22
Not a huge fan of the large FC units - I'd much rather have the twenty SR split into one of ten as a combat unit and two of five as war machine hunters, then the WR as two of ten and two of five.

When you say "everything" in the 40-man blocks, do you mean as in full command, netters and three fanatics? Because I'd generally rather have two in each of those and one in each of the 20-man archer units.

Please, please do not put your general on a chariot. He'll leave your lines, leaving your entire army Ld5, or stay with your lines and be an easy target for poisoning / MMs, and if he does stay with your lines most of the points for the chariot will be wasted.

What magic items are you thinking of taking?