7 Dryads @ 108 Pts

1 Branch Nymph

7 Dryads @ 108 Pts

1 Branch Nymph

Total Roster Cost: 2249

[dice0]

Von Wibble
10-03-2007, 17:55
Imo this would not play as a popular army as it is geared for shooting and magic. It is very much a wood elf gunline. My own approach with my WE is o pick an army with a bit of everything, and not emphasise shooting or magic too much. But here goes...

I'm not a fan of the divination orb and think the other arcane items beat it, and prefer glade riders to warhawks.

I also feel that horde armies will cause huge problems. Dryads lose to those thanks to CR, and so do treemen. With so few combat units you can't even really use mutual support. I would therefore ditch 1 treeman for some Treekin and wardancers.

tyrion11482
10-03-2007, 19:31
this is very much an army that willl have problems with hordes but you have to out manuever them and you will probley be ok. the idea with the treemen is to have them out front and have units charge them and sit on the stubourn 8 and just relax. as there is only 1 block unit of WE besides cav and they are all fast cav.WE are known for shooting stuff.

As for the orb , besides a dispell scroll what would you put on her? the Sphere is the only other thing i can think of.

Also i plan on trying to stack one side of the table and make them come to me, using the one woods i get to place as a road block of sorts

Von Wibble
11-03-2007, 19:53
If you are using the treeman as a roadblock remember you have a 25 in 36 chance of holding after losing a combat (which you will as their static CR = your attacks). After losing 2 in a row your chances are 625 in 1296 - less than half. 25 goblins with command group nail a treeman every time. 3 units of 25 goblins nail a treeman and his dryad friends for less cost. Treemen are good but too easily overrated.

The sphere is exactly what I mean. Calaingor's Stave is also good.

The last sentence mean little to me - unless you are deploying your own terrain. Fine idea in a home game but not in a tournament style game surely.

god octo
11-03-2007, 20:09
with 2 treemen, i would consider getting a BSB , as he means that your Treemen will pass their breaktests even easilier, as they get a reroll. Plus, what VOn Wibble said about the Stave is good- it means you can change the battelfield easily or attack you opponent.

bowmandk1993
11-03-2007, 20:58
I would ditch your spellweaver and spellsinger, and get you a lord on a dragon. If you want to keep your two treemen. That's fine, just use your dryads for flank support for him. Use the dragon and warhawk riders to capitalize on the rear. Might want to get rid of one unit of glade guard and get a unit of scouts to put your noble in with them. I am not a big fan of champions, since they cost as much as another figure, example dryads, I will go with another figure. That's me. Good luck in your battle.

RavenBloodwind
12-03-2007, 03:22
I think VonWibble is right on.

Just a quick comment on champions in your units.

In an archer unit the champion is a waste unless you plan to put a mage in the unit and need someone to 'volunteer' to take a challenge to keep the mage alive one more round.

In melee units it's almost criminal not to take a champion. In a ranked unit you can get by without him. In a skirmishing melee unit...you can't negate ranks. This means every attack you can bring to bear decreases your chance of losing the combat. A champion adds an extra attack over the same frontage which can be the ultimate difference for you, especially since dryads cannot take musicians. An extra attack on the charge also decreases your opponents retaliation attacks. I've lost many a melee by the opponents musician.