View Full Version : 2000 pt Lizardmen. First WHFB army

PrinnySquad
10-03-2007, 22:33
done using www.thegreatuncleanone.com
Lord:
Saurus Oldblood
Hand Weapon; ; Light Armour; Shield; Dagger of Sotek; Sacred Stegadon Helm
Riding Cold One
(Has the Sacred spawning to let him ride a Cold One, and one that increases his Scaly Skin save)
Core:
16 Saurus Warriors
Hand Weapon; Shield; ; Standard Bearer; Champion; Musician

16 Saurus Warriors

Skink Skirmishers
Hand Weapon; ; Champion; Blowpipe; Scout

Special:
5 Kroxigor, with Champion(?)

4 Terradons, with Champion

Rare:
Salamander Hunting Packs,3-3 Handlers per Salamander( I need to get the army book soon:rolleyes: )

Stegadon

Heroes:
Skink Priest, Level 2 Wizard( I think there is only one lore they can take?)

Saurus Scar-Veteran
Hand Weapon; ; Light Armour; Shield
C&C?

Aelyn
11-03-2007, 13:33
One small nitpick - you seem to have given your Saurus Oldblood two Skink-Only items. The Dagger of Sotek and Sacred Stegadon Helm are both restricted to Skink characters. Also, the points value for the Skink is wrong - it's a clean 100.

Aside from that... I'd split the 20 Skinks into two units and only take one as Scouts. They're supposed to be relatively small and nimble units, and are at their best harassing the opponent's line, so there's no real benefit to bulking the unit out. I wouldn't bother with the Champion either - for just +1 point another Skink is nearly always better value.

Personally I don't like having a single level 2 Wizard in 2K - almost all armies can neutralise its power, making its extra level a little unnecessary, and it only adds one dispel dice meaning it's rather weak in a defensive role. I'd make up your mind if you want to be aggressive or defensive with your magic, and either take a level 1 with the Diadem of Power or a couple of Dispel Scrolls, along with a couple Marks of Tepok, to go defensive, or revamp your list to take a Slann if you want to go aggro.

As for the Scar-Veteran, I'd certainly consider the Jaguar Saurus of Doom (Charm of the Jaguar Warrior and a Great Weapon, giving you 4 S7 attacks with an 18" charge range...), and in the current list I would definitely give him the Blessing of Tepok for +1 DD.

What else... For Terradons, I feel either a unit of three (minimum size, doesn't really impact on the ability to hunt war machines) or five (if there's relatively little missile / magic, to allow for autodestruction from flee and if necessary rankbreaking) is better than four. As for the Kroxigor, I prefer four - it's not that easy to get all of them into contact and they're killy enough as is. Similarly, I don't like the Ancient (the Champion), simply because his extra hittiness is unnecessary.

Hope I've been some help!

PrinnySquad
11-03-2007, 14:51
One small nitpick - you seem to have given your Saurus Oldblood two Skink-Only items. The Dagger of Sotek and Sacred Stegadon Helm are both restricted to Skink characters. Also, the points value for the Skink is wrong - it's a clean 100.
Bugger, the website doesn't tell you that, and puts the option there for the saurus lords and heroes. Thanks very much for telling me.

I'll take in the advice, trimming done of some stuff frees up some points as well.
Thanks very much!

PrinnySquad
17-03-2007, 22:24
Lord:
Saurus Oldblood
Hand Weapon; ; Light Armour; Shield;Spawning of Itzl, Quetzl
Riding Cold One

Core:
16 Saurus Warriors

16 Saurus Warriors

10 Skink Skirmishers
Blowpipe; Scout
10 Skink Skirmishers
Javelins and Sheilds

Special:
4 Kroxigor
3 Terradons

Rare:
Salamander Hunting Packs,3-3 Handlers per Salamander( I need to get the army book soon )

Stegadon

Heroes:
Skink Priest, Level 1 Wizard, 2 Dispel Scrolls, Sacred Spawning of Tepok

Saurus Scar-Veteran
Hand Weapon; ; Light Armour; Great Armour, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Sacred Spawning of Quetzl, and Tepok
Total Points: 1850
Better?

PrinnySquad
21-03-2007, 07:19
Really sorry to double post, but if a Scar-Vet with the Jaguar Charm joins a Saurus unit, does that unit benefit from the effect of the charm?

Gar-Loq
21-03-2007, 07:36
As far as my experiences ascertain, no. Only the model who has the jaguar charm becomes able to move the 9". Mind you, I'm not exactly sure as I rarely take it but as it appears in the army book, just go with no.

Also, this is just a passing remark, but I would buy the Lizardmen army book. It really is a fantastic book to grab and tells you stuff that the website probably doesn't.

rikard
21-03-2007, 07:43
Really sorry to double post, but if a Scar-Vet with the Jaguar Charm joins a Saurus unit, does that unit benefit from the effect of the charm?

LOL, if it did that you can bet it would cost a lot more than 20 points.

As for the skink priest you can only give him the spawning of Tepok if you are taking a sacred host of tepok, if not then all he can take is the spawning of the old ones (assuming no other character has it) or sotek (which isn't exactly the best choice)