PDA

View Full Version : Hellblaster or flagellents?

nikolai7
25-07-2005, 20:31
In a 2000 point empire army what would you use your rare choices on? i mean personally i go for 2 volley guns, but ive been debating this with a friend about maybe taking flagellents.. personally i think they are alot of points for something which might struggle to get them back, at least with a hellblaster you know its highly likely that you will get the points back. opinions?

Nukem
26-07-2005, 02:04
I wouldn't say its highly likely it will make its points back...

Flagellents are very nice. They may have a hardtime makeing their points back, but they are a nice speed bump for your army. You tir up a unit in combat and flank charge them with another unit.

Both are good in their respective ways, but I prefer one of each :)

User Name
26-07-2005, 02:26
The point of flaagaellents is not to make their poitns back, it is to tie up a nasty unit until it can be flanked and destroyed.

Muffin Man
26-07-2005, 03:54
Or so that nasty (more) expensive unit can't make it's points back either.

peteratwar
26-07-2005, 07:46
I find a unit of Flagellants on one flank with a Volley-Gun inside it so that it can also cover most of the centre as well can be an invaluable flank block. Flagellants have to be killed to the last one and can still be there if/when the V-G blows up!

Alex
26-07-2005, 10:45
Don't think of it as units has to make their points back in order to be effective. A lot of units never make their points back, but are needed for the rest of the army to bring in the points. I think both are really nice units, unbreakable is an extremely powerful ability, which as said can be used to tie up really tough enemies. Of course the volleygun is a nice piece of firepower.

I'd think I personally would go for one of each, but why not get both? Probably depends on what opponent you are playing against what is best to field. ^^

Neknoh
26-07-2005, 11:09
For Flaggie tactics, try this link (http://uk.games-workshop.com/empire/flagellant-tactics/1)