PDA

View Full Version : Ogre kingdoms battalion army

dominic_carrillo
10-03-2007, 23:54
yo yo yo warseers. im starting OK and i would like to know how many points are included in the battalian. my plan is to buy two characters and start playing games as soon as i get the box.

thanks

Weapon
11-03-2007, 00:06
You have about 900 points in the Batalion. I had a list with just the Battalion and a Tyrant, and it was 1K.

dominic_carrillo
11-03-2007, 00:20
sweet. what about characters? i hate the metal ones, so im going to buy another box of iron guts to make my bruiser and butcher, and add the other two ironguts to the squad.

Weapon
11-03-2007, 00:49
sweet. what about characters? i hate the metal ones, so im going to buy another box of iron guts to make my bruiser and butcher, and add the other two ironguts to the squad.

Ah, I actually like the full plate armor Tyrant with Mace, but whatever floats your boat. Ironguts are the best for the conversions, go with them. My list just had a Bruiser, adding a Butcher is the only other decent option, and that gives you about 1200 probably. With 2 more ironguts maybe a good 1300, less with less armor and command options probably.

dominic_carrillo
11-03-2007, 00:56
for some reason, i dislike the ogre characters, i guess im a little turned off by the bones and teeth stuck under the skin. my goal is to minimize both the time spent painting and the cost of the army.
fifteen hundred points is my goal with only two purchases

Weapon
11-03-2007, 01:02
for some reason, i dislike the ogre characters, i guess im a little turned off by the bones and teeth stuck under the skin. my goal is to minimize both the time spent painting and the cost of the army.
fifteen hundred points is my goal with only two purchases

Shouldn't be too hard.

OK is one of my "Might Get" armies, so I had some stuff planned out. Something like

Battalion
Army Book
Tyrant

Thats 1K, then like a Butcher and some more Ironguts, and maybe a Gorger.

That gives you a solid core of Guts and Bulls, 2 solid characters (well, in your case, however many you want to convert) and a war machine killer (something these guys just die to).

dominic_carrillo
11-03-2007, 01:29
cool. im just amped to paint ogres, because i cant paint another skeleton or im going to scream.

dominic_carrillo
11-03-2007, 11:12
Aiight pimps, heres the list:
Bruiser: Great weapon, heavy armour, DeathCheater

Butcher: Dispel Scroll, Halfling cookbook

20 Gnoblars: groinbiter

6 Bulls: Light armour, ironfist, full command

4 Ironguts: Full command

4 Lead Belchers:

2 maneaters: one has a great weapon, the other has a brace of handguns. they have heavy armor.

hollaback

Weapon
11-03-2007, 21:43
Split the BUlls into 2 units of 3. Having 6 doesn't help much, they're going to break to shooting anyway, give them more to shoot at. Seperate the units of Leadbelchers into 2 of 2. Same reason. You usually don't need full command, but make sure no matter what, you keep the Bellower.

Looks good.

Kadrium
12-03-2007, 14:17
DeathCheater is a pretty lousy bigname. There's much better ways to spend 20 points on your bruiser.

Take a bangstick instead of the cookbook. You can always bloodgruel to get wounds back, so don't spend points to do it. The bangstick makes good dispel fodder, and can snipe mages if they let it go through.

Never take unit champs on ogres unless you're just scrapping for points. Two unit champ upgrades costs 40 points and gives you 2 more attacks. Another bull with extra hand weapon costs 40 points and gives you 4 attacks and 3 wounds.

Weapon is correct about splitting the bulls into units of 3. I would also suggest doing the same with the leadbelchers. Split them into units of 2 and buy each a bellower. They can move-and-fire with no penalty, so move them forward into a charge-bait position, fire a volley, and flee from reactionary charges to strand things in front of your ironguts. Bellower makes 8+ ld to rally, reload on the turn you rally, rinse, and repeat.

dominic_carrillo
12-03-2007, 15:26
yeah i was just scrapping for points on my ogres, because i am trying to minimize te amount of money im going to spend now that im in college.