PDA

View Full Version : What do with Chaos?

Pioneer
11-03-2007, 10:08
I have resently get my hands on of few Chaos units and I'm wondering that should I use them or just trade them to some Orcs?

List of Models: 1 Sorcerer w. Famimiliar, 1 Foot Hero, 12 Warriors, 16 Marauders, 5 Knights, 1 Spawn and 1 Charriot.

I don't have the armybook yet, but I hoped someone would give me some good tips what get next... Also I got the Archon's Deamonic Steed and I tought to make it as Lord and also get more Marauders, Marauder Horsemen, more Warrors and 1 more Spawn... Is this the right way or the wrong way?

Thanks,
-Pioneer

pcgamer72
11-03-2007, 10:16
Do you know what Diety you want to play?

Pioneer
11-03-2007, 13:46
....diety...?

(I don't understand that word...)

kruzkal
11-03-2007, 15:59
Posh word for gods.

TheWarSmith
11-03-2007, 16:43
nurgle-tough, fear causing diseased men

slaanesh-fast, pretty, and sexual deviance(bondage/domination/sadomasochism)

khorne-murder, killing,murder, killing, rage

tzeentch-change, trickery, magic.

undivided- bit of everything.

Let's try to help our Finnish friend out, and if you are going to spell a word he might not know, let's spell it correctly(Deity, not Diety). http://babblefish.com/babblefish/freetranslation.htm helps with translations, but unfortunately Finnish is such an exclusive language, it doesnt' offer that, but you might be fluent in one of the languages that it does translate to.

Neknoh
11-03-2007, 16:43
First of all, pick a god, second, buy another box of Marauders and a second spawn

work from there, we are not here to make the lists for you, we are here to give you on advice on how to improve your current army and how to start one, however, with Chaos, that is nigh on impossible without knowing what God you wish to follow.

Although, I presume infantry army, in which case, Khorne and Slaanesh are very nice options to start building from

sigur
11-03-2007, 19:32
I don't have the armybook yet, but I hoped someone would give me some good tips what get next...

The army book.

Amdir Von Berznicht
11-03-2007, 20:03
Marauder Horseman are nice, but then again go for the Army Book, that'll help you make allllllll your choices.

Brother Maynard
12-03-2007, 01:24
Do get or borrow the book. But as for units to get to expand your already respectable force, Marauder Horsemen are nice, but Warhounds might help you more in the beginning stages of your army.

arc
12-03-2007, 07:35
Khorne Deity all the way. The most difficult army to master.

dominic_carrillo
12-03-2007, 07:50
i find chaos good. units strong and armored well. demons are resistant to harm and fight good

Pioneer
12-03-2007, 13:17
Thanks for replys. After some thinking I have formed the following idea...

God: Undivided

Lords and Heroes: Lord on Deamonic Steed, Hero on foot, Kroot Shaper as Beastmen Shaman.

Core: +20 Marauders, 20 Warriors, some kroot hounds as chaos hounds, 5 Knights and 5 Marauder Horsemen.

Speacial: 1-2 Marauder Charriots as Beastmen Charriots, skirmishing Kroots as Beastmen herd and Flying Kroots as (what?) Screemers or what...?

Rare: 2 Spawns

All Kroot models are tzeentch, Marauder Charriots are Khorne and rest are Undivided... Any good?

-Pioneer

Pioneer
12-03-2007, 17:36
Here's the first draft of my idea (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1377482#post1377482).

MarcoPollo
13-03-2007, 00:33
Not enough magic protection. Too much invested in chaos wariors. Full command on knights and marauder horsemen is not necessary. For the knights, std,champion,and or warbanner. The musician is not worth the points. For the horsemen flails are great, but your priority for command should be musician, champion then standard.

Also, you have too many chaos furries. 5-8 are good. At 15 pts a piece, you want those points to earn their keep. Having a huge, skirmishing unit go poof is not so good.

With your extra points that you save from these suggestons, invest in magic protection. Another character or some khonre marked units.

A better combo for the exalted is helm of many eyes with a great weapon. It is cheap and can be very handy helping your floot troops (as these tend to get charged more). Don't worry too much about the stupity, undivided re-rolls can really help that out.

But overall a very good list to start with. I am just min/maxing it a little bit. I like the tuskagor chariots and marauders (althoughI run 25 in my unit).

My philosophy about Chaos to be as fast and mobile as possible. Things like beastherds and mounted demonettes, and screemers are really important. At the same time, a "late game hammer" like a big block of marauders can finish off what is left lying around.