PDA

View Full Version : Challange [Base to Base contact]

stashman
11-03-2007, 22:08
Hi

Empire vs. Orcs and Goblins.

Arch Lector with War Altar chrage a unit of O&G with Champion, Black Orc Warboss and a sneaky Night Goblin in the front rank standing so when the altar is in base to base contact all three can take a challange. Arch Lector makes a challange and the Warboss takes it.

Arch Lector makes the Impact Hits on the unit and attacks the warboss with his attacks + the horses. Then the warboss hits back with a greatweapon (S7) and cleaves the chariot in pieces with 2 attacks and then keeps chopping up the Arch Lector with another 2 attacks.

Well the Wardsave is gone from the War Altar becuse the Goblin have Tricksy Trinket. Is this right? Probably becuse when a challange is issued it does not state that the "leave" the fight, just that the models are in base to base contact.

Help me if I am wrong.

stashman
12-03-2007, 09:57
Help me out guys. Am I wrong or right???

Braad
12-03-2007, 10:09
I believe the tricksy trinket states only that it works on models in base contact, doesn't it (haven't got my army book here...), so I don't see why it shouldn't work, as long as the gobbo has base contact to the lector.

DeathlessDraich
12-03-2007, 11:30
The altar has the Ward save which it cannot use because of the tricksy trinket.

The original rules state that the challenger [and 'challangee'] have to be physically moved but the FAQ has simplified this for complicated cases.
Even though the challenge is fought between specific models they are still in base contact with other models -
pg 77 "No other models may attack them even if they are in base contact" and "may stop other models from fighting if the only enemy model in base contact is the character"

When it was wounded with a S7 hit [presumably], the War Altar is destroyed without any Ward saves.
After the altar is destroyed the Lector does not have a Ward save.

The tricky bit would be when there is no tricksy trinket. All combat hits by a unit are simultaneous, so the Lector could have a Ward save.

tyrion11482
19-03-2007, 05:14
no ward save, thats my vote he is still in BTB with the gobbo trinket

Countblah
19-03-2007, 16:46
No wardsave....

Because when challenges are fought the rider of a chariot or monster steps down from it. So i think the archlector loses his wardsave when he steps down from the war altar.

If im right.... Hope someone can back me up but thats how i think it was. Dont have the book with me either. (or this maybe 6th ed.)

Only the Warboss fights the challenge and the rest of the unit has to stand and watch.....

Combat resolution depends on the wounds inflicted and any overkill.

So bad idea for the archlector to challenge.

Festus
19-03-2007, 17:12
Hi

Yes, this indeed is 6th: Now the character stays on the chariot.

FEstus