PDA

View Full Version : New 2000 point HE Dragon List

Jhayden
12-03-2007, 02:12
I have always wanted to use a Dragon in a list. Someone else I know of is starting up an Orc List with a Wyvern so I figured this would be a good counter to that.

Well, here it goes!

Prince Excellion D'Tylmiran
Riding Xellinizzar (Dragon)

Equipped with--
Lion Guard Honor
Vambraces of Defense
Lance, Shield, Dragon Armor

With this build I get 9 Attacks at strength 6 on the charge, I constantly use my standard Leadership so it'll be very hard for me to leave combat AND I have a 1+ rerollable armor save against shooting, 3+ in combat and a 4+ wardsave to boot.

Arcanist Jhayden Starfall, Level 2 Wizard

Equipped with--
2x Dispel Scrolls

Basically just meant for dispelling but can get lucky with a few boosting spells from either the Lore of Heavens or the Lore of Metal (my favorite lores)

Spearmen(24)
Full Command

First Silver Helms(10)
Heavy Armor; Shield
Full Command
Ellyrian Banner

Silver Helms(5)
Heavy Armor; Shield

Flankers mainly although if necessary I might use them for baiting and fleeing.

Dragon Princes(5)
Full Command
War Banner

Tiranoc Chariot(2)

Great Eagle(2)

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Power Dice: 4
Dispel Dice: 3 (2 Dispel Scrolls)
Total Models: 51
Total Points: 1998

enyoss
12-03-2007, 02:36
I wouldn't keep the 10 Silverhelms as one unit, as once you've lost one model the rank becomes kind of useless.

Not really sure how much punch your list can deliver apart from the Dragon. Movement wise you're ok, but those units are the hollowest of hollow easter eggs :).

However, if you're determined to use the Dragon I'd say give it a try and see how it turns out :). If you can, I would save the Dragon for 3000pts though, as then you can afford to get some characters in your units and back them up with a bit more magic.

Cheers,

enyoss

bowmandk1993
12-03-2007, 03:22
You have made a good lord choice. I think I would switch out spearmen for sea guard. Add 1 more bolt thrower. Other than that, depends on who you play, I would say you will do fine. Good luck

kruzkal
12-03-2007, 03:29
If you give us more ideas on the list you aim to counter we could give you better advice on whether your list is achieving that.

feintstar
12-03-2007, 04:26
One note on magic - I'd take channeler and high magic. Channeler is absolute gold, as a mere level 2 can bust out 4 dice casts, and thus get off high level spells with regularity, while also busting out IRs on a reasonabe basis. Furthermore, if you're antimagic, then you get to cast Drain magic on 4 dice, and with 1 mage, you can win the magic phase. (not on every turn of course, but occasionally it'll get through, and for the rest, you've got D scrolls and a dragon)

Aside from tht, I like it. I myself have a hard time thinking about those spears getting left behind, but I can't complain. Its more fun mixed anyway.

Jhayden
12-03-2007, 05:46
One note on magic - I'd take channeler and high magic. Channeler is absolute gold, as a mere level 2 can bust out 4 dice casts, and thus get off high level spells with regularity, while also busting out IRs on a reasonabe basis. Furthermore, if you're antimagic, then you get to cast Drain magic on 4 dice, and with 1 mage, you can win the magic phase. (not on every turn of course, but occasionally it'll get through, and for the rest, you've got D scrolls and a dragon)

Aside from tht, I like it. I myself have a hard time thinking about those spears getting left behind, but I can't complain. Its more fun mixed anyway.

Well the spears are mainly a meatshield for the mage. I might drop one of those guys to give him the channeller honor just so I can whip out the 4 die spells of death. Hopefully if I take High Magic I can get a chance at Fortune is Fickle, another awesome anti-magic spell if I ever saw one.

Unfortunetly I dont know who i'll be playing with this list. There's a Lizardman Player, a Tomb King Player, a Vampire Counts Player, an Empire Player, Orcs, Dwarves, Dark Elves, Chaos, Skaven, you name it they play it.