PDA

View Full Version : Short Hairy Impending Doom-a 750pt Chaos Dwarf doubles list

MalusCalibur
12-03-2007, 02:41
Hello there!

I'm planning to start a Chaos Dwarf army from the Battle for Skull Pass box (inspired by Xander and the other fabulous converters on this fine site: http://chaos-dwarfs.xandor.ca/). It's mostly to test my own sculpting/converting skills, but also because the examples I've already seen look spectacular and I want to emulate them Happy
I plan to enter a doubles tournament with my better half (bless her heart, she made her first WFB purchase only yesterday) next year with them, which requires a 750pt list each (as well as conforming to some other restrictions: the two contingents together form one legal 1500pt list (legal in terms of slot selection)). This is what I came up with: note that it is heavily influenced by what comes in the BfSP box!

Chaos Dwarf Hero
General
Great Weapon
Shield
Heavy Armour
Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel
90pts

Sorcerer
Level 1
65pts
Shadow Lore

Chaos Dwarf Warriors x15
Full Command
165pts

Blunderbusses x10
120pts

Hobgoblins x20
40pts

Hobgoblins x10
20pts

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower x2
60pts

Death Rocket
80pts

Earthshaker
110pts

I'll be partnered with Vampire Counts, if that makes any of my choices clearer. The idea behind the lone character and sorcerer is to Steed of Shadows him into an unsuspecting unit. With all the Necromancy flying about, it'll catch most people off guard since they'll be busy trying to stop zombies being raised and getting flank charges etc. I was considering upping the Blunderbusses to 15 (a possible 5 extra BfSP Thunderers headed my way), but that would involve shuffling a lot around...would it be worth it for the S5 shots?

What do people think?

Ward.
12-03-2007, 08:39
Weren't they redoing the vampire counts list late this year/early next one?

venom
12-03-2007, 12:16
Don't have time to wait for the new vampire counts to come out as I'm also planning to enter a singles tournament in November. Looking forward to playing, rather than just watching. The doubles is going to be amazing with the alliance we have formed :D and i can't wait until i can start buiding my models at Easter, James, hurry up and come home. Miss you :cries:

MalusCalibur
12-03-2007, 15:26
Ward: No. As far as I'm aware, all army books got pushed back to make room for the flashy terrain GW is releasing in the summer. That means that High Elves are (supposedly, now) a December release, and thus Vampire Counts are due sometime 2008. No, I'm not bitter and resentful about another obvious mistake in GW's business plan. Not at all

venom: GAH! Don't reveal my secret identity to people! :D

Come on people, I need some feedback! Please? :(

EDIT: It was brought to my attention that, with my two characters, there would only be room for one Necromancer on the VC side, so the plan wouldn't quite work as I'd hoped. Thus I present the following slight alterations to the list.

Chaos Dwarf Hero
-Remove Gauntlets, heavy armour, shield
-Add Armour of Gazrakh
-Amend points to 94

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer
-Remove

Blunderbusses
-Increase to 15 Dwarves
-Amend points to 180

MalusCalibur