PDA

View Full Version : My first Warhammer Fantasy Army (Empire)

kobraburdz
12-03-2007, 03:51
This is my first Warhammer Fantasy army ever!

For my first shot at going into the deep dark depths of the Old World, Ive decided to choose the human soldiers of The Empire as my first table top army.

Enjoy!

Pic 1
My Warrior-Priest with some minor conversions, his hammer was switched with the one on the Luhtor Huss model, he has a new hand gesturing to the enemy rather than holding a book and has a book from some other model attached to his belt.

Pic 2
A converted Mordheim Marienburger, to be used as a captain with a great weapon. I just cut the sword and glued the one from the new empire captain box, put some extra feathers to make him extra fancy and gave him a closed fist for his left hand.

Pic 3
The newly assembled 1st rank of my swordsmen and some with thier basecoats

Pic 4
A test piece for a handgunner, using a militia model and a test for the swordsmen

Steel_Legion
12-03-2007, 09:40
this is looking very good, I really like the convertedpriest, thought that was a geat touch, looking forward to seeing this army progress, you clearly have some talent here! Colours on the swordsmen look good!

kobraburdz
12-03-2007, 11:04
Thanks for the kind words really helps motivate me on the task at hand. More pics to come soon including those of more swordsmen and WIP pics of the priest and captain.

kobraburdz
13-03-2007, 01:56
Update number 2
So far so good, Ive been able to keep steady on my painting and at any rate should be able to finish at a reasonable rate.

Pic 1
A group shot of what Ive been able to assemble so far.

Pic 2
A pic of the swordsman regiment, they currently number 10 but more should will assembled soon.

Pic 3
4 swordsmen who I painted yesterday, the greatsword will be used as the unit champion.

Coming soon.....
More swordsmen
Pistoliers
More handgunners for the lonely guy to make friends with(The test model on the left most in Pic 1)
A great cannon
A Wizard! (Lore of Beasts)

torso777
13-03-2007, 04:25
Looking real nice. That priest looks like he is belting off a hymn for sigmar, awesome:D

CMDante
13-03-2007, 11:14
Looking nice so far. What province are they from?
Looking forward to seeing more. Loving the fact there's plenty of Empire army logs here now! :)

Cheers,

Dante

kobraburdz
13-03-2007, 11:19
O yea, speaking about province they are supposed to be from Wissenland and more specifically a contingent of the Wissenburg townguard. Though I really think I should tone down the brown and add more grey.

Zodiac
13-03-2007, 15:57
O yea, speaking about province they are supposed to be from Wissenland and more specifically a contingent of the Wissenburg townguard. Though I really think I should tone down the brown and add more grey.

No man, they're neat! :D Really nice conversions. The captain is quite cool.. but not as cool as the warrior priest! He looks like he's chanting a warsong or whatever. Swordsmen look good already. Can't wait to see the wizard with the lore of beasts!

Angel Robertson
13-03-2007, 16:32
Awsome start to an army! If you keep this up it will be extremely charaterful! Have you worked out an army list?

AR

kobraburdz
14-03-2007, 03:04
Yup Ive got everything covered, army list (1000pts at the moment), all the models are bought and Ive even worked out some background fluff on them.

For today just a minor update, because Im going to have to spend the whole day fixing up the warrior priest, whom I accidentaly dropped and his hammer broke off during the fall and slid somewhere. I have yet to find it, but at least everything else is fairly intact.

Pic 1
Some handgunners that I assembled last night, most of the models are from mixing and matching the new handgunners box, with the militia and old state troops. This is for a detachment to support the swordsman regiment

Pic 2
The first 2 halberdiers for another detachment, Im particularly proud of the pose of the guy on the right.

kobraburdz
17-03-2007, 14:31
After some days of zero activity, Ive finally been able to find some time to work on the army and in particular the Warrior Priest. Though theres still a lot to be done I think its a good idea if I could get some feedback on the WIP.

Pic 1 and Pic 2
A front and back shot of the WIP Warrior Priest. For him I wanted to go with a simple monastic look and nothing fancy, so I settled for a light brownish color on his robe (Which kinda resembles the Dark Angels robe color). If you recall he also got broken a few days ago, and in the process of fixing him up I had to cut up a section of his hammer which looks considerably shorter now. I also plan on making his hammer and armor bronze, rather than steel because I feel it makes him look less fancy since bronze is a much darker and dull color.