PDA

View Full Version : Due to the upcoming BA write up, will we see new models?

hood_oz
12-03-2007, 07:03
Just had a chat with the blackshirt down at the local store.

Nice guy, and hasn't been too far off the money in regards to rumours.

But he was talking about the BA and the upcoming 'tide you over' list write up.
He mentioned the codex is a ways off, and they were planning a simple filler style dex.

But, what I am wondering is if this will be the time they use to roll out some of the pending SM releases like the drop pod? plastic vindicator? there are a few sitting around, and that would be a good time to send them out. Rather than waiting for another codex late 2008 or 2009...

Any thoughts?

I know it's a temporary list, but SM models are always popular. Esepcially with a list to go with them.

Ap0calypse
12-03-2007, 07:32
I am pretty sure that the drop pod will come out with the apocalypse release

leonmallett
12-03-2007, 10:10
I am pretty sure that the drop pod will come out with the apocalypse release

Tagging releases onto a mini-dex in WD seems unlikely. As the poster above suggests it more likely a strong splash release along with Apocalypse in a similar fashion to the CoD releases.

Onisuzume
12-03-2007, 11:31
Probably the same goes for the Vindicator.

Darnok
12-03-2007, 12:16
While it would be nice for BA players, I very much doubt it, for the same reasons as are already mentioned.

It sounds like the Drop Pod and the Vindicator are just the right rreleases for Marines when Apocalypse comes out, then you don't have to ask for the SM Superheavy.

azazel_fallenangel
12-03-2007, 12:41
There is a jump-pack librarian scheduled for around the same time, so may be associated with the BA, who like their jump packs.

leonmallett
12-03-2007, 12:51
There is a jump-pack librarian scheduled for around the same time, so may be associated with the BA, who like their jump packs.

Really? What is your source?

azazel_fallenangel
12-03-2007, 13:21
Somewhere on these boards. I think it was due to be realeased after the termie Librarian. like the chaplain in termie armour and wuth jump pack.

OrlyggJafnakol
12-03-2007, 13:50
I would like to see some BA chapter specific stuff like the BT. Plenty of torsos with the blood drop instead of the aquila head. I am planning to build a BA force with the release of this mini dex, I have a bitz box full of marines o won't have to spend all that much.

leonmallett
12-03-2007, 13:52
I would like to see some BA chapter specific stuff like the BT. Plenty of torsos with the blood drop instead of the aquila head. I am planning to build a BA force with the release of this mini dex, I have a bitz box full of marines o won't have to spend all that much.

The chapter specific stuff will come with the full codex rather than mini-dex.

OrlyggJafnakol
12-03-2007, 13:59
I won't throw away my walking stick waiting for any torsos then. ):