PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Gunline 2k

eleveninches
12-03-2007, 16:17
I have been using dwarves for a few months now, and am wanting to change my style of play to a much more shooty army. When i started, the cheap core choices with high WS and S seemed too good to be true, but the problem with using them effectively is that they are slow, and hence they are easily outmanouvred without any fire-support. I started with an army without any fire support, then got slightly better results using a bit of fire-support, but now i want to use an all-gunline army. I have all of the models for this list, but how well do you think it would do?

LORDS:
313 points: Lord (pistol, master rune of alaric the mad, rune of striking, shield, shieldbearers, rune of shielding, rune of preservation, rune of resistance)

HEROES:
125 points: Dragonslayer (master rune of smiting, rune of speed)
75 points: Dragonslayer (rune of fury)
80 points: Master engineer (duel pistols)

CORE:
245 points: 15 Rangers (shields, great weapons, full command, rune of battle, throwing axes)
235 points: 15 Longbeards (shields, great weapons, full command)
150 points: 10 Thunderers (shields)
120 points: 10 Quarrellers (shields)

SPECIAL:
90 points: 2 bolt-throwers
80 points: Grudge thrower
90 points: Cannon
245 points: Miners (full command, steam drill, blasting charges)

RavenBloodwind
12-03-2007, 17:15
Just a couple of thoughts:

Heros:
you have two slayer characters and no slayer units. This makes these two T5 pincushion, I mean characters, very vulnerable to enemy magic and missile fire. Might be worth scaping the points for a slayer bodyguard unit or dumping them for a BSB or runesmith for some additional antimagic.

Core:
Your two melee units are a tad small for 2k. If you can scrape up the points (dumping a slayer?) and bulk them up to 20 rangers and 24 longbeards they'll have better durability

Specials:
You're fielding dwarfs, man! Put some bloody runes on those war machines! Seriously, a rune of accuracy on the grudge, maybe forging on the cannon.

Unsure how big your miner unit is but you've invested ALOT of points here. I'm not overly impressed with blasting charges so far. Fair number of points for a one-use only when charged item...Your miners ought to generally be coming on the board behind the enemy and moving. In his turn he turns to face you and on your next turn you charge him, thereby not being able to use your blasting charges...

Well, that's just my thoughts

eleveninches
24-03-2007, 10:56
how about this?

LORDS:
313 points: Lord (pistol, master rune of alaric the mad, rune of striking, shield, shieldbearers, rune of shielding, rune of preservation, rune of resistance)

HEROES:
125 points: Dragonslayer (master rune of smiting, rune of speed)
115 points: Dragonslayer (master rune of flight, rune of might)
80 points: Master engineer (duel pistols, joins cannon crew)

CORE:
245 points: 15 Rangers (shields, great weapons, full command, rune of battle, throwing axes)
235 points: 15 Longbeards (shields, great weapons, full command)
120 points: 10 Quarrellers (shields)

SPECIAL:
120 points: 2 bolt-throwers (engineer with duel pistols)
80 points: Grudge thrower
90 points: Cannon
177 points: 12 Miners (standard bearer, prospector with steam drill)
-----
1998 points
-----

llama rider
25-03-2007, 03:00
bravo. i love the ranged army. dwarves are the only ones who can pull that off. i love it. my only sudgestion is that you give EVERYONE ranged weapons. also, can you really give pistols runes?:eek: wow thats awesome

eleveninches
25-03-2007, 20:47
no, the runes are for his axe, but the master rune of flight does allow you to use your rune weapon as a throwing axe