PDA

View Full Version : Another Cookiescrumble leaves it to the last minute project log...

cookiescrumble
12-03-2007, 19:20
Ok, so Carnage North is approaching and I still have an army to paint.

The problem is that I have 10 painting days left and my army still isn't fully assembled.

So here is what I have to do:

Tyrant - Assembled, needs greenstuffing/undercoating.
Butcher 1 - Assembled, needs greenstuffing/undercoating.
Butcher 2 - Assembled, needs re-undercoating.
Hunter - Needs re-assembling after I dropped him :rolleyes: . Sabretusks need greenstuffing/undercoating.

4 Ironguts - One is painted and finished (pic below). Others are half way there.
4 Bulls - Need undercoating
4 Bulls - Need undercoating
4 Bulls - Need left hands and undercoating
25 Gnoblars - Need heads and undercoating
25 Gnoblars - Need cleaning up and undercoating

2 LeadBelchers - Ready for painting.

Gorger - Needs greenstuffing and undercoating
Maneater - Need undercoating

Heres a pic of the first Irongut, pics not very good.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/cookiescrumble/Ogre%20Kingdoms/DSCF0013.jpg

Also attached my army list. Painting isn't easy at the moment as I seem to have caught the Flu. Well hopefully it is full steam ahead.

Also, I Had my first practice game yesterday with my revised list against McMullet's Lizzies.

All went well, a solid victory by 1000 VP's, so a good start. Skinks are possibly the most annoying things ever...

Destris
12-03-2007, 20:40
Looking good Cookies, yet another challenge you've set yourself. :rolleyes:

Kudos if you manage it!

D.

dave is the best
12-03-2007, 20:43
you another thread by cookies, good luck

Dave

Arhalien
12-03-2007, 20:44
Good luck mate, you're going to need it :)

Boss_Salvage
12-03-2007, 21:01
Yikes, good luck with that deadline. Nice armylist by the by, looks solid. Hope you feel better so you can kick butt into gear.

- Salvage

sigur
12-03-2007, 22:14
:eek: Good luck with that very tight deadline, cookies!

Chiron
12-03-2007, 23:11
I'm liking the look of that chainmail, good luck getting it all done in time :)

OrlyggJafnakol
12-03-2007, 23:14
You certainly like to set yourself a challenge. I like the blue colour scheme on the ogre's legs mind.

Jedi152
13-03-2007, 09:38
How's it going? Still on target?

cookiescrumble
13-03-2007, 10:06
Day 1 - 9am - 9 Days to go.

Well I feel better, so that helps. But it's raining :cries: . So there is little chance of me getting the army sprayed today. Hopefully the good old Britich weather will brighten up. Got everything out and cleaning Gnoblars :( .

McMullet
13-03-2007, 12:20
9 days to paint Ogres? Easy! :p

Good luck Paul, after finishing that Guard army in a week I'm sure you can manage this. Either that or stay up all night painting in the Gresham bar...

BTW, that photo doesn't do your painting justice, the metal especially looks much better in real life. And the base really finishes the model off nicely.

Now, off you go - paint!

cookiescrumble
13-03-2007, 13:23
Cheers Sam, my Photo-fu is very weak!

That was just a quick photo, outside on my recycling bin. This proves that cookiescrumble is in fact environmentally friendly.

cookiescrumble
14-03-2007, 20:49
Day 2 - 7.30pm - 8 Days to go

An update to prove that I am in fact getting on with it. Got all the Bulls based and sprayed. Started the flesh on one unit of bulls and the leadbelchers, got the 3 coats of Tanned flesh done :rolleyes: . Hopefully these will be done tomorrow.

Heres some piccies, be warned these are REALLY REALLY crap!

The first rank of Gnoblars, the rest are going to be the last things I do as they will probably spend most of the time on my dead pile.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/cookiescrumble/Ogre%20Kingdoms/DSCF0001-1.jpg

Leadbelchers,

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/cookiescrumble/Ogre%20Kingdoms/DSCF0002.jpg

Bulls,

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/cookiescrumble/Ogre%20Kingdoms/DSCF0003.jpg

Also drated a rough schedule:

Thursday 15th - First Bull unit + Leadbelchers
Friday 16th - Work / Uni
Saturday 17th - Second Bull unit + Ironguts
Sunday 18th - Third Bull unit
Monday 19th - Hunter and Gorger
Tuesday 20th - Butchers
Wednesday 21st - Alot of Gnoblars
Thursday 22nd - Tyrant, Maneater and more Gnoblars
Friday 23rd - Travelling up / Touching up in pub

McMullet
15-03-2007, 12:15
That's a big tin of shortbread!

Good to see some progress, and the schedule is a good idea. We will, of course be holding you to that. ;)

Jedi152
15-03-2007, 12:16
I'm sure he needs it all to sustain him during lost painting sessions!

Good start, keep it up!

cookiescrumble
15-03-2007, 13:51
Well, the Shortbread tins contain my paints :( . So no shortbread for me.

wildkarrde0
15-03-2007, 23:08
Well i hope to see you there with a painted army I still got to a bit myself although nowhere near what you have to do good luck

cookiescrumble
15-03-2007, 23:11
Day 3 - 10pm - 7 Days to go

Just a quick update before one goes to bed.

The bulls and Leadbelchers that I started yesterday, the flesh is now done on these and the trousers have been painted. I should finish these tomorrow, all that needs to be done is the weapons/armour and the finer details such as Beards.

Weregerbil
16-03-2007, 00:48
Wooo they are not green!(the ogres I mean) And your list looks good but Gnoblars? Why? They suck more than a sucky thing.

sigur
16-03-2007, 00:53
Good, good. Let's hope you can stay within the schedule. I thought of having a little painting marathon on Friday the 23rd, unfortunately you'll be gone (and hopefully done :p ) till then.

cookiescrumble
16-03-2007, 09:49
Wooo they are not green!(the ogres I mean) And your list looks good but Gnoblars? Why? They suck more than a sucky thing.

:wtf:, they are the best thing since sliced bread. Just ask any of my opponents. I'm sure McMullet would disagree. I agree, green Ogres are just gay, plus I really believe that the human flesh tone really suits the models.

Good, good. Let's hope you can stay within the schedule. I thought of having a little painting marathon on Friday the 23rd, unfortunately you'll be gone (and hopefully done :p ) till then.

Just thought that I will be spending roughly 4 hours on trains Friday, which means roughly 4 hours of painting Gnoblars. :D :cool:

As for the schedule I am slightly behind. Should take me an hour or so to finish the first bulls and the Leadbelchers. These will just be added to Saturdays quota, as I have the whole day to paint and that is what I plan to do. Might even start getting ahead.

McMullet
16-03-2007, 12:43
Gnoblars? Sucky? 10 points for a rank bonus in an army where your mainstay unit coast 35 points a model, yes please! :D

Keep up the good work Paul. :)

cookiescrumble
17-03-2007, 11:56
Well, I'm sitting here painting and thinking.

There is no way I will get the army done to this high standard.

So I now have to trade off quality for quantity, something I didn't wan to do. :(

sigur
17-03-2007, 12:32
That's a sad thing to hear. Does your whole army have to be painted? Pointswise, it's impossible to make up for some unpainted miniatures with the others being really well-painted, right? (*is a n00f concerning any form of tournament*)

cookiescrumble
17-03-2007, 12:45
The whole army doesn't have to be painted but then I lose the marks. I can make up some points by equipment, or taking the giant from my Orc army...

cookiescrumble
20-03-2007, 22:31
An update for Ye.

It is a shame but I will not be taking my Ogres to Carnage. The reason for this is that this week I have had various Uni Lab Assessments which I could not dodge which means my schedule has gone to pot and there is not enough time to get them done in time for Carnage.

Instead I will be taking my Tomb Kings which are already mostly painted. All I need to paint for these is 4 Ushabti and a Bone Giant, which at this time are assembled and undercoated and ready for me to paint tomorrow. This should be done as I finish Uni at 1pm.

Thanks for the support anyway guys.

Jedi152
20-03-2007, 23:59
That's a sad thing to hear. Does your whole army have to be painted? Pointswise, it's impossible to make up for some unpainted miniatures with the others being really well-painted, right? (*is a n00f concerning any form of tournament*)
The rules of Warhammer World, where Carnage North is held, is that mini's have to be at least undercoated.

Carnage itself has no rules, but painting is a considerable amount of the total points.

Sorry to hear your ogres won't be making it cookie, maybe next year. Oh well, a fellow undead player...

McMullet
21-03-2007, 12:07
It was a noble attempt, Paul. I look forward to seeing the Tomb Kings, anyway (hopefully I'll fare better against them... :p).