kilen
13-03-2007, 01:13
anybody have any fluff on the amazons??

snurl
13-03-2007, 05:42
See the Lustria books, there is a little there, but not much

dominic_carrillo
13-03-2007, 07:52
mordheim? the campaign rules for lustria marked the first appearance of the amazon warband

Reflex
13-03-2007, 12:54
some of the old WD's had rules for them, and in those WD's there if all the fluff really.. i cant remember it off the top of my head, but it was dutring lustria.. try wiki as well, they may have something.

Briohmar
13-03-2007, 16:34
They were the remnants (all female) of a norse colony that was further inland than Skeggi. At least that is one version of their origins. There is also some speculation that they were brought across the warp by the old ones, or that they somehow found favor with the slaan or old ones. Either way the original amazons were all armed with power fists, which the old models still have. It seems to me however that if they are of Norse origin, then they should lean towards the four powers, which they don't. The background also differs between the older editions, and the Mordheim and lustria versions in that in the older versions the amazons were at war with the lizards, which explains why they wear skink skulls as helmets, and the current version in which they maintain a truce.

mordheim? the campaign rules for lustria marked the first appearance of the amazon warband

Not quite. The Amazons made an appearance in 4th (or was it third, I sometimes forget) as a regiment of renown, and useable as DoW. The models themselves are much older than mordheim. I, in fact have a 20 strong unit of them that I have removed the powerfists from and turned into chaos marauders with HW and shield for my slaanesh army, so you can see which of the above theories I subscribe to.